Sleight Hand Magician ST set (Rogue)

Still haven’t made set bonuses, 16x16 sprites or drop locations, but I want feedback. (Sorry for bad art)

Dagger: Deck of Cards

Tier: ST

Shots: 1

Damage: 90-110

ROF: 150%

Projectile Speed: 20 tiles/second

Lifetime: 0.28 Seconds

Dazzling Dagger: if shooting while cloaked and Sleight Crystal, summon an Energetic Magician Pal

Energetic Magician Pal: Within 2 squares (subject to wismod), energized

Energetic Magician Pal: Lasts 2 seconds, 15 second cooldown

Cloak: Illusionist Hat

MP Cost: 100

On Equip: +6 SPD, + 40 HP

Effects: Invisible 5 seconds

If Sleight Crystal equipped: Smoke Bomb

Smoke Bomb: 300 DMG Explosion within 1.5 squares (subject to wismod), inflicts stasis 2 seconds within 1.5 squares (subject to wismod)

Illusion: Creates Magician Pal decoy on use

Magician Pal Decoy: lasts 5 seconds

Cooldown: 6 seconds

Armor: Magic Rabbit Hide

1Hydra_473x

On Equip: +16 DEF, +5 SPD, +2 DEX

When taking >100 Damage and Sleight Crystal equipped: Summons a Healing Magician Pal

Healing Magician Pal: Healing within 2 squares (subject to wismod), lasts 5 seconds, cooldown 20 seconds

Ring: Sleight Crystal

On equip: +50 HP, +6 SPD, +5 DEX

Effect:

Peak Pal Performance: When full set equipped, all Magician Pals last an extra ½ second

all item sprites should be 8x8

this idea may bee too similar to court magician st set, maybe work on that
cloak in particular definitely needs changes
no offense, but i can’t even tell what the ring and armor ARE

Edit- maybe jester themed? i dunno

I tried to resprite the cards for you, I couldn’t do anything else for a few reasons-

1. hat is basically new sorc ST hat spritewise

2. i have no idea what the armor is

3. i’m too lazy

edit: ring here
inb4 @GammaGamer blows literally everyone out of the water

All of these sprites can be shrunk down to 8x8 (the card might be hard, though). I’ll see if I can help you with spriting tomorrow, since I’m pretty tired right now. For now, I’ll just point out that all of them require a lot more shading. Also, I’d like to see multiple cards for the weapon, since I assume it’s supposed to be an entire deck. I’m not all too sure what went on with the wonky armor outline, but I will say that I’m not a big fan of killing bunnies to make armor… :frowning:

You don’t have to help with spriting, I just had an idea at ~1 am and decided to make it. I am by no means a good artist. I just wanted to get an idea across.

The main focus of the set is the decoy on invisible, what part of the cloak should I change?

Thank you for the great sprite, but it’s fine. I mainly wanted to get the idea of the set out there.

The stats of the entire set are seem really well balanced, but the cloak sprite will end up identical to the Sorc ST ring. That’s my only concern, pretty much

Saw this and thought id make some quick sprites
sleight%20rogue%20realmeye%20(2)-sample-20201112-231405 sleight%20rogue%20realmeye%20(2)-sample-20201112-231406 sleight%20rogue%20realmeye%20(2)-sample-20201112-231407 sleight%20rogue%20realmeye%20(2)-sample-20201112-231408

I’m aware of the fact that you don’t need more sprites, but I decided to have my own go at them. Very fun to work with some new shapes!

585 image 665 image

I didn’t know what a sleight crystal was, so I shamelessly copied Misiu’s idea. The hat’s supposed to look something like this, with the bow tied around it:

57%20PM

And the magician’s little pal with a carrot:

aha! A t3 trap on a candle holder!
/s
I like the sprites

I decided to attempt jester themed art, hopefully I used shading correctly. Every sprite you guys have made is amazing!

Dagger:New%20Piskel%20(4)
Juggling Balls

Cloak: Jester%20Hat%20(1)
Jester Hat (Kinda)

Armor: Wn4vs1y
Sprite is just reskinned harlequin because I can’t make the armor shape and this is easier

Ring: Jester%20Bells
This is easily the worst sprite, but they’re supposed to be the bells around Jesters’ neck

These look great, especially that bunny pal!

Woah, that hide looks perfect! Keep up the great art!

Those are amazing!

jester%20set-sample-20201113-121828 jester%20set-sample-20201113-121829 jester%20set-sample-20201113-121831 jester%20set-sample-20201113-121832
Again, some more sprites. I like the juggling ball idea a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.