Slight shield (and even quiver) rework

This change is extremely simple
I never liked it that most bosses are stun resistant thus making Knight a much more useless class for it, so I had a simple idea inspired by quivers, T0-T2 shields daze instead of stun

Then my idea changed even more
T3-T6 Quivers slow and paralyze just as long as each other, so that T6 quivers will instead slow paralyze resistant enemies
same would go for shields with stun and daze

Some Knight Changes

change qot so it stuns ( and dazes )

why? QoT is strong enough as it is

well,

so this shouldn’t change much for qots use, as it cannot peirce

just buff it a tiny bit so that it would have the same role as right now

It would still have the same role, it is a long range daze, I will make a poll

• If this is added then make QoT stun and daze
  • Don’t make QoT stun and daze

0 voters

Rather than outright giving them both both effects, I believe it should work something like this:

Shields are given both Daze and Stun, but the Daze is longer than the Stun. For example, normal shields would have say, 3.5 Seconds of Daze, but 1.75 Seconds of Stun.

Quivers are given both Slow and Paralyze, but the Slow is slightly longer than the Paralyze. They should also have varying times much like Trap. For example, while Elvish would have say, 4 Seconds of Slow, but 3 Seconds of Paralyze, Magic Quiver would have say, 2.5 Seconds of low, but 1.5 Seconds of Paralyze.

As for UTs, I can suggest this:

• Scutum gets no changes. The inability to Daze would make it even more distinguished.
  • QoT gets a small Stun coming in at 1.75 Seconds and nothing more.
  • Beehemoth Quiver gets a small Paralyze of 1.25 Seconds and nothing more.
  • Snakeskin Shield gets only Daze and no more pierce, but for an increased duration. This would make it an actual UT.

I feel like I don’t really like the idea of decreasing the duration of the original effect or giving the new one an increased duration, however I like the two UT shield changes (or non-changes)

Great idea x2. :heart_eyes:

The enemy, being somewhat resistant, can withstand the tougher attack, but is still affected by the lesser status. Stun turns to “only” daze, and paralyse becomes “only” slow vs these resistant enemies.

Of course if devs wish to make special cases of some specific enemies who they consider warrant being both stun and daze immune, (or both para+slow immune), that is always their design option.

Go further and generalise it. Make it so ANY equipment coded to do stun also does daze, any item that does paralyse also does slow.

Yes this would “devalue” daze items such as pointed out for QoT, though true it still allows easy long range daze for the times when your friendly neighbourhood knight isn’t able to get the daze in.

I would like this for quivers, but I don’t think shields should Daze (I want my QoTs to remain useful…)

Why do people think that this will make QoT less useful? Daze isn’t as strong as stun, so earlier shields would be nerfed, there are still enemies that a knight could get nowhere close too, heck an archer could daze oryx so that a knight can get his stun in

I’m original

QoT would remain at the same level of ‘usefulness’ but it would be made worse overall due to a much more abundant source of daze, it would be less useful overall.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.