Snake Pit ST a little too rare...?

Since the event, i can say i’ve done about 70+ pits, but i’ve been running them even before then when it just started to drop the ST’s; that’s about 100+ i’d say. I can assume i did an average of 1 troom for every other snake pit totaling 150+ attempts at getting either ST and have come out empty handed even when using drop-rate boost during event. I’ve gotten several bulwarks at this point, like these particular ST parts are really rare, i understand its a more common dungeon but holy moley. For anyone who has obtained either, how many attempts were there you’d say? It could just be that i have super bad luck.

(pls don’t put, “i got it in like 20 tries lol,” it doesn’t help gauge it at all)

I got the two pieces in the sewers in maybe about 20 or less sewers. Then onto snake pit, I did maybe around 20-30 and got none of the pieces. I did all of this with a friend, who didn’t get the pit pieces either. It wasn’t until late last night my friend, who at this point has done 100 or more pits, finally got the armor. I’ve yet to see anyone get the ring.

For me the st seem to be rare enough. I got 0 daggers 3 poison 2 armor 1 ring in all my runs. I have constantly gone in both snake pit and sewers without the loot buff to get these. Since I don’t bother counting my dungeons I’ll just guess and say I did maybe 30 something sewers and 50 something snakes.

I got in in like 20 tries lol

I’ve been farming snake pits since the day the sts were released, think I’ve done about 100ish trooms and i still haven’t gotten that ring. I spoke to several other players too, and they all seem to agree with my consensus that the other 3 pieces are significantly more common than that ring, of which no one seemed to have received as a drop despite the 1.5x loot event.

Took me around 70+ trooms to finally get the ring; putting a room that can only spawn by chance to have an exclusive item is so cheeky.

Well it’s probably rarer than sew because it’s easier to do?

Well yeah of course. More common and easier. But man, 100+ snakes is still a little much, and that’s not even counting the time spent trying to scout out snakes from medusa/mobs who drop em. Personally, i don’t think ST’s should drop in easier dungeons because then they have to make em rare like this. I prefer harder dungeons that’ll give em to you around 30-40 attempts at the most like sewers.

Though there’s no way they’ll actually disclose the droprates, there was a little bit of humorous speculation that someone accidentally put an extra 0 in the drop table.
But, as far as we know, this is unfortunately how it is. Fingers crossed that they’ll change it a tiny bit :crossed_fingers:

Jumping the gun a little bit, but I’d just like to mention that while putting the ring in a troom is kind of an asshole move, the new mystic ST robe drops from the abyss troom. In my personal experience, the abyss troom is quite a bit rarer than others seem to be.

From a design standpoint, the fact that its possible for someone to never be able to roll the drop table (more rng), is probably not a great move on DECA’s part.

But hey, it’ll sell more mystery boxes.

During the event I did about 120 snake pits and 60 sewers. I had loot drop potions active most of the time, which works out to be a 2.25x drop rate. I got 3 daggers, 0 poisons, 5 leathers, and 0 rings. I guess DECA just wants you to get frustrated enough to spin the mystery box.

On a side note, they have great 850 feed power.

This whole problem wouldn’t exist if DECA didn’t hide their drop rates like they were the catholic church’s secret documents or something.

Drop rates?

i did 13 sewers, possibly a few more since im counting only the ones i did on my necromancer and i got the dagger

tfw deca boosts bulwark drops but makes the st’s crazy rare. feels bad man

Been doing bunch of abysses, with a total of around 20+ trooms with no robe, the problem is that it is a treasure room, it’s never guaranteed and for a rather dangerous dungeon like abyss, it’s a pain to farm for the robe, along with damn map generation.

I’m also missing the ring to complete the Assassin Set, and seeing the comments in this thread, i’m not feeling like farming for it, really.

One thing that saves a little time is spotting if Malphas spawns below you. Trooms only point upwards, Malphas spawning below means there’s a good chance of a troom if you scout horizontally then upward from the player spawn since naturally, most of the dungeon’s maze are below you.

If you can’t find any after scouting this way in this particular generated map, its more than likely there’s no troom and you can leave before wasting time going through the whole dungeon.

I’ve been leaving the dungeon if i did not find any treasure rooms (unless Malphas is nearby).

I did not have too much luck if Malphas spawned below, sure, the abyss map is really large, but i’ve seen that there’s a limit on top, where rooms oddly line up perfectly and i haven’t seen a treasure room spawn beyond that limit.

I had more luck when Malphas spawned across the map (for example, the spawn is on the left and Malphas is on the right of the map), and/or when there’s a lot of space above regardless of where Malphas spawned.

i got the st armor but i never even knew that you could get sts in snake pit so idk how much tries it was

They were recently added

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.