Snakeskin Shield Rework

Snakeskin Shield

image image

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 105
Shots: 3 (Arc Gap: 20o)
Damage: 335-445 (Average: 390 / Total: 1170)
Projectile Speed: 14 Tile(s)/second
Lifetime: 200 Milliseconds
Range: 2.8 Tile(s)
Effect: image Stuns for 1.5 seconds
Effect on Self: image Speedy for 2.5 seconds
Cooldown: 3.5 seconds
Stat Bonus: +6 Defense, +2 Speed
Fame Bonus: 3%
Feed Power: 500

Changes:

Changes

Sprite:
image -> image

Projectile:
image -> image -> image

MP Cost: 100 -> 105
Shots: 4 -> 3
Damage: 250-300 (Average: 275 / Total: 1100) -> 335-445 (Average: 390 / Total: 1170)
Projectile Speed: 16 Tile(s)/second -> 14 Tile(s)/second
Range: 3.2 Tile(s) -> 2.8 Tile(s)
Effect: Stuns for 3 seconds -> Stuns for 1.5 seconds

• Added Speedy for 2.5 seconds
  • Added 3.5 second cooldown

Stat Bonuses: +7 Defense -> +6 Defense

• Added +3% Fame Bonus

Feed Power: 175 -> 500

Thanks for reading.
Please tell me what you liked and disliked about this rework so I can apply it to future to posts.
:+1:t5:

I like everything about except the sprite, considering it is quite unorthodox compared to 80% of the other shields. But to say that it is UT, it deserves a little bit of a better sprite.

What would you say is wrong with the sprite?

Idk, It seems similar to a green Ogmur (in shading, shape is different, most noticeably at the top)
So I think it’s fine compared to other shields

honestly ill ahve to agree, the sprite looks weird. probably because its bright green, like just highlighter green.

not a huge fan of speedy here, one of knights main shortcomings is that he is slow, but with this, he can be a warrior for 2 seconds. previously it was only a minor boost so…

I just don’t think anything was wrong with original sprite.

I believe it is balanced, because by getting speedy for 2 sec, the knight has to get rid almost entirely of its stun (less range, less projectiles and 1 sec of stun is close to nothing really). Also he doesn’t get the warrior’s dps boost, so I think it’s not that OP. It could be a decent swapout for rushing or such.

I thought it was a little plain really…I don’t know…

I mean, the actual version of this shield was basically another version of the T4 shield, which is not what UT items are supposed to be.
I tried to make it situational like a UT should be, whilst still keeping it balanced and around the same level it was before.
This is mainly to introduce new functions to lower level players whilst still being somewhat relevant to higher level players.
If you check out some of my other reworks you’ll see where I’m coming from.

If you check the Changes section, you can see where parts I’ve changed and balanced.
Red indicates that something is bad and green indicates that something is good.
Because there are red and green changes made to the items I’m balancing is my way of showing the balance and the way they stay around the same level as they should.

[visible confusion]

I meant 4…numbers are stupid :sob:

I would change Speedy to 1.5 seconds at most, personally 1 second sounds better. Considering that there’s no cooldown you could potentially have a very very fast knight.

What’s the regular cooldown on shields?

0.5 seconds i think is cooldown for all abilities if there is no specified cooldown, but this shield should have a cooldown of at least a second after speedy ends so it isn’t perma speed like ninja, more like warrior.

yeah that was one of my main concerns.

but i really like the changes sections that you add, because no one actually remembers the stats for the snake skin shield

Well, probably because it wasn’t anything special.
At least if it was like this it would be more memerable as a unique item.

@Orsome Cooldown added

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.