#SocialDistmas Zoom Call Charity Collaboration

2020 has been one hell of a year. As it comes to a close, we gather with our loved ones to reflect upon the passing year and embrace what we are greatful for and how much we appreciate each other’s presence in our lives. But this year… its a little different. Disregarding your opinions of the current global pandemic of Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), everyone has been doing their part to assure we make it to the next bright blue day everyday. And the end of the year for the holidays is no different, especially around this time.

Progress for overtaking this pandemic spans as close as staying at home and wearing protective gear, to as far as providing tests, kits, and supplies for those who cannot obtain it themselves. We’re all in the crosshairs. It affects us all differently, but we should still remain vigilant and alert. The holidays are an especially crucial time, with countries going into winter seasons and people being closer than ever. We must work harder than ever to keep the spread to a minimum.

As for the individual person, social distancing isn’t easy. It can make people feel alone, helpless, doom desired, wondering if there will ever be a light at the end of the tunnel. Losing jobs, income, or loved ones can happen aswell. Its easy to start to feel alone. But this holiday season, I hope to change that.

On the unofficial behalf of myself to the ROTMG community, I bring you:

#SocialDistmas

Even with all the wonderful discords we have in our fair community, I want to extend the hand just a little further, to bring hope that no one is alone and we’re all together. So, I propose a collaboration, to show we, as a community, are together in these uncertain times. And every entry will go just a little further.

(This image is a template, updated will be made here)

For this year, I’m giving out up to $300 for charities helping in the aid for COVID-19 relief and aid. There were a lot to choose from, but I have settled down with Global Giving, as they are quite reputable, and have an attainable goal (not to a little guy like me’s standard, but one nonetheless). Ofcourse, they aren’t the one-stop solution, but the littlest bits help. I donated $100 to the cause. I have been rather fortunate financially this year despite the chaos, and its time I gave back. And ofcourse, you can too!

#SocialDistmas Zoom Call Collaboration

(Credit to @RogueGamma for this image)

What is this?
A fun collaboration, in which players can come together and “participate” in one big Zoom Conference call for the holidays, to assure no matter how alone they feel, we’re in this together.

How do I enter?
Simply post a drawing, picture, scribble, random assortment of glitter, or whatever you’d like, of you, an avatar, or anyone you’d like, in a “Zoom Call” setting. This typically means the camera is placed on a desk, or its a phone in someone’s hand. Its totally up to you how you want it done. All the images will be placed into a big collage, that represents one big conference call. It might be hard, but it’ll be the biggest call of the year! Just a few stipulations:

• Make the image atleast 700x600 landscape, it will be adjusted to that size if you wish to use a bigger canvas or have a bigger image on hand
  • Place your username in the bottom-left corner.
  • Post your entry both in this thread AND the ROTMG reddit with the hashtag #SocialDistmas, and possibly a link to this thread.

What happens when I enter?
For every person who submits one entry to the collaboration, I will donate $1 into the pot of a maximum of $100 (depending on participation, I may exceed the maximum). Once in a lump sum, it will be pushed forward to either Global Giving or if another charity becomes apparent.

Can I enter more than once?
Sure! If you wish to enter more than once (perhaps for various avatars), you can name them, and add a subtitle of your name under it. 1 entry per person will be matched to a donation.

Do I have to draw my entry?
Despite it being an art contest, feel free to enter however you please! Here are a few example entries you can try:

Does it have to be ROTMG related?
My lawyers say yes. But you are free to create whatever you wish.

Is there a deadline?
I’m shooting for New Years of 2021 for the next lump of donations, depending on entries. If we hit our goal quicker than that, I’ll push it through right away.

Does it have to be holiday related?
Again, no, but this is a holiday event. Regardless, do whatever your heart desires!

Goals and entries for the contest will be kept here and updated most likely daily. All entries will be put on one big image once most entries are in.

Craftable’s Coordinating Contributions

As I said, this charity isn’t a one all solution. If you know a charity you feel strongly about, local or international, I’ll match any donations made (up to $100 overall). Just post proof of donation in this thread (do NOT show any personal information or information that is not avaiable publicly) and I’ll follow up on it. NOTE: I will review charities posted, and will inform you if I have any questions about it.

If there’s any glaring plotholes I missed while writing this, let me know and I’ll fill them in. If all is well, I wish you all a wonderful, safe, and healthy holiday season, and I can’t wait to fart during the call and blame someone else see your beautiful enteries.

ms paint easy

Context:

Haha I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you run over the boss successfully in a YouTube video, like Spencer or somebody was doing a void and I saw someone going over void entity and I looked closer and it was Kageboshi!

i decided to not play rotmg for a day and draw a thing

Ok, I really like that picture. Just something about it rubs right…

Oh, I know what you mean, Bookwyrm

What’s Charizard doing PC gaming when Smash and Sword/Shield are Switch games?

:concern:

should’ve made a cold square block cause it would’ve been in season… but then again that wouldn’t feel good

Ooooh, that’s what you meant in-game earlier XD

I’d missed that until now! I had too many people talking at once to fully comprehend sense in your message :laughing:

craftable scares me please send help i am afraid

The only way to zoom call is to be asleep the entire time

i am very bad at art.

this took me a long time to draw ok

i just wanted to contribute to society by making someone else contribute for me

Celebrities

well that’s what I’m doing, so you’re like, subleasing my slacktivism ontop of your own, but whatever

Being safe this season is the best contribution you can make. It gives a lot to do nothing.

I can tell too (no offence). But the picture itself does reflect about you.

i’ve been contributing my entire life for this moment

thanks… i think?

And you know what? That’s ok, we love the effort and intention behind it <3

#ArtistsUnite

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.