Socket-Security Error

Anyone know how I can fix this? I’m getting this pretty frequently and it’s getting a little annoying.
And yes, I know there are many other threads but I can’t seem to find an answer also I’m lazy

open port 2050 in your firewall

Oof, I just realized this, but something that may be making this occur is the large amount of players that are on. But what do I know. I’m not really a tech guy.

You could delete/kill the char

are you playing on school wifi that what happens when i do atleast… the shool blocks those ports so you cant play the game…

if ur playing at home try contacting you network provider or changing setting on your firewall to open that port?

You don’t contact your service provider! All this does, is making the life of some tech a living hell, trying to explain how to port forward your router. And your firewall is 97/100 times not the solution. I’m currently too exhausted to find a good way to explain this, so bare with my crude text art.

X <-> A <----> B <--------------------------> C

X. Your computer
A. Your firewall
B. Your router
C. The Internet

If you opened all ports on your firewall, your router would still act as a defense.
If you opened all ports on your router, your firewall would still act as a defense.
If you did the unthinkable, and opened all ports, on both, your computer would be absolutely open to the internet.

In OP’s case, his router is most likely blocking the port 2050. Rarely, does the firewall block such ports, unless you’re on a device with really tight security measures… which then in question should probably not be a device you play games with.

Crappost but your guild name sums up my reaction to your issue pretty well:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.