Solo Aby on wizard?

Do you need to be good at the game to solo an Abyss of Demons on a wizard with full wc tops?

no, abyss of demons is not that hard of a dungeon.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure because I had troubles occasionally on an 8/8 pally.

Just remember to take it slow. It’s a very scary dungeon to rush

I find Tomb easier to rush than Abby.

I’ve died on a 5/8 archer trying to rush abyss. It sucks

Very true. I think the only scary part of tomb rushing is paralyze and slow, but otherwise much easier than abby rushing

As previously stated: no you don’t have to be good, just patient. That being said, if you plan to do a few, I would recommend waiting to one of the following so you can rush (listed in order of ease):

1. rogue (esp. w/plane if your mheal is good enough)
  2. pally
  3. priest (geb set or minimum tome is a great choice if you comfortable with the speedy)
  4. knight (before the rework which added expose and more armor piercing shots he was higher)
  5. warr (move higher if you manage speedy well)*

*Honorable mention to ninja and trickster, who are all around great rushers, but both are more highly skill dependant (and trick requires rather high mheal to use most effectively).

I don’t know why but I think Sorcerer is so underrated for farming and even rushing abysses, I use Fulmi and a Piercing Wand like T14.

I use him for GLand farming.

IDK why but I find rushing Abbies difficult even with max Defence Jugg Warrior.

@Oddtoed
Back in the day, Abyss of Demons was a lot narrower and had tighter corners that enemies would be hiding behind just to shank you, repeatedly. These days, it’s a lot more open with fewer stacked enemies. Make sure you prioritize dodging the rushing warriors with the squarish white shots, then the bigger shot fireball guys.

As long as you take it slow and hit shots, you are totally fine on a wizard these days. You can kill any threats before they get to you!

Another pro tip, always make sure you have enough back out space on a lava path, don’t commit too hard on a path that you don’t think you can back out of if there are a few warriors hiding behind a wall.
-L

Max wis sorc with a good scepter can clear entire rooms with just a couple blasts, highly recommend. I used to farm abysses this way back before pets were a thing- I would wear the robe from forbidden jungle and a wis ring and just hit spacebar through the walls until I saw no more lightning. It took ages, but I was never at risk of dying.

For rushing, I believe trickster is your best bet (besides rogue). With big open rooms, you can cover a lot of ground with the prism and even teleport behind walls onto a safe platform to regen. Trying to rush with a high speed class doesn’t work out too well because you end up running into lava and over enemies (Mystic and Ninja in particular tend to get shredded this way)

Pro tip: don’t rush on wizard. Almost lost a 20k base wizard this way

strafe them around the room then run, you can rush reliably with any class then tbh

Rushing an abyss on wizard is possibly one of the hardest things you can do in RotMG.
Clearing it slowly and carefully is basically risk-free, so long as you don’t get impatient and rush in before rooms are sufficiently cleared out. You don’t even need WC tops or maxed stats. I’ve done it many times on 0/8 wizzies with t7-t10 gear.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.