[SOLVED] Flash Projector not recognizing mouse button presses

Okay, folks, help out your neighborhood friendly forum mod. This is not a drill.

I normally access RotMG via Flash Player 19 on my Windows 10 laptop. Everything worked fine until this morning.

However, as of this morning, I can continue to use my left mouse button to shoot in the nexus, but when I enter a realm, the left mouse button does nothing. Meanwhile, the mouse works perfectly fine everyplace else (web browsing, Office apps, general computing, etc.). It only does nothing while I am in a realm.

Things I’ve tried so far:

• Changed realms
  • Changed servers
  • Changed mouse battery
  • Changed mice
  • Rebooted laptop
  • Visited realmofthemadgod.com in Google Chrome (ver 72.0.3626.121)
  • Downloaded and switched to Flash Player 18

Nothing has helped.

Any thoughts? The fact that I can shoot just fine in the nexus but not in any realm is a real head-scratcher.

Edit: Found the issue! [SOLVED] Flash Projector not recognizing mouse button presses

Are you able to run around and use your ability as well?

Are you using a mouse or the trackpad for the laptop?

(I have no clue what could be wrong, but may as well ask)

Can you use the autofire hotkey in the realm to shoot? Try trackpad like CandyShi said?

So literally cannot do anything with your mouse, including picking up items, clicking nexus icon etc., how about right mouse click (i.e. to teleport to someone in chat)?

How about in other areas like bazaar, vault, dungeons opened in the nexus etc.?

Strange!

I’m pretty stupid but…
Check your mouse drivers,
Change the USB port of the mouse,
Try to log out and back in realm,
Run CCleaner,
Restart your computer(again).
Dunno

What is your touch sensitivity set to?
Might need to fool around with this, maybe change it to most sensitive.

You could try reinstalling your drivers for your mice.

Also try to see if you can use your movement keys in word pad while trying to click something outside the window, maybe some setting is blocking you from being able to click and use movement keys.

A few misc. updates for @CandyShi and @Unicorn:

• Using cheap Logitech wireless USB2 mouse (i.e., not the touchpad—ewww)
  • Can run around, use abilities, chat, etc.
  • Autofire key toggles firing on/off, but that kills my accuracy
  • Tried changing USB port of mouse; no effect
  • Need to experiment with other questions (right mouse button, bazaars/vault/dungeonkeys/etc.)

Are you able to use the mouse while in a realm but tabbed out? (Say, afk in medusa but on the forums)

I think the answer to this is yes, but again just to be sure.

From what you’re describing, since you’re able to use it in the Nexus (but as soon as you enter a realm, left-click doesn’t work), I don’t think it’s a problem with how the hardware is communicating with the computer but something about entering a realm messes with how left-click is interacting with Flash.

I bet it’s one of those darn windows updates! A recent update made my laptop overly bloat the brightness/contrast every time I close the lid so I have to restart ;-;

Can confirm. Windows updates are the source of all evil. Always toggles some stupid option to a stupid setting that you cant seem to fix until a month later.

Maybe a bit of an obvious question, but…
Does the trackpad input (as in, clicking with it) work?
Also, that’s probably the last person I expected would need technical help, hah •u•

Nope. I can aim with it, but clicking with it does nothing.

While I’m at work today, my laptop is doing a Windows system restore to take its operating state back to about a week ago. Let’s see this evening whether or not that helped.

Just play like ItachiToT with one hand and always have autofire on and screen rotate to aim :stuck_out_tongue:

only in a realm? this gives me a headache @_@

if this info helps any, I use a trackpad and autofire… at times, I can’t click where I want to, but I have to click a few times, before the cursor goes where I want it to… however, this probably has more to do with my using a trackpad, since when I use a mouse, it works fine

also, when I am holding two buttons at once, i.e., two of the WASD keys, it’s more likely the click won’t work, because it’s considered a third key

i’m using the newest flash projector, and not ver. 18 (they never made a difference for me as far as clicking goes)

If I were you, I’d mess around in control panel… Mouse, Keyboard, Update drivers, Flash, and internet options… reason being, Adobe has announced a while ago, that Flash is now never standalone anymore (even the projector)… it’s also about to go obsolete

SOLVED.

After a little bit of further experimentation, I was able to find situations where I wasn’t even able to shoot in the nexus. And then I found that I was able to shoot in realms, but if I moved I was unable to shoot until I stood still for a few seconds. I figured it was some sort of bizarre keyboard ghosting issue, which was weird since I’d never heard of ghosting between a keyboard and a mouse before.

Until I realized that I was using a USB mouse, and my laptop keyboard probably connects to the rest of the laptop through a hard-wired USB connection. Maybe there was a conflict there.

But wait, everything worked fine before — what changed? And I realized that the issue only started when I unplugged my mouse to use it with a different laptop…and when I plugged it back in, I probably used a different USB port.

A little experimentation with USB ports, and I found one where everything works fine!

Wait, you played rotmg?

did you know windows bugs out sometimes, and each time you plug in a device via usb cable, it’ll recognize it once, and establish that connection and device… even a different usb cable will make a difference

I’ve once had to manually update drivers one by one, in order for my comp to recognize my phone and function the way it’s supposed to.

(that’s that “Plug and Play” for you.)

No, all these 8/8s are just for show.

-facepalm-

When I worked for Intel, I worked to implement USB host controllers and other hardware.

None of what I’ve observed here should have happened. None of what you’ve observed should have happened, either. Perhaps that’s what made this issue so frustrating, because I know far better than most that this isn’t how USB is supposed to work.

Grrrrr.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.