Some ideas on the game

I’ll probably keep on posting random shower thoughts when I think of them, feel free to post the ideas on reddit if you think they’re good enough

Obsidian Dagger and the Poison Fang Dagger should swap stats

It doesn’t really make sense for a UT(however early game) to have damage between two tiers, yet there being a tiered dagger which is not a direct upgrade from the previous tier in all circumstances

Skins should have a specific bag

I think this one’s pretty obvious, because if you see a cyan in snake pit or sewers, you’re probably not even to going to be bother to look inside. But the fact that DECA took skins out of orange bags was justified, because some people get insanely hyped up when they’re farming for an op ST or see an orange bag from a chest.

The tutorial should mention the vault in specific

I was misled by the tutorial as a noob and now have nothing to do with my 3 char tickets ._. Because I thought nothing I put in the vault would stay there anyway, I never tried.(btw I’m talking about how pets are the only permanent things in the game according to the tutorial)

Nil was a bit of wasted potential

Though it isn’t bad by any standards, it just seems a bit lackluster compared to the other void whites. If it had a proc ,maybe like a 50% chance to “absorb” projectiles, or maybe just have the player immunity to Armor break, then it would be on par with the other void whites

What did you edit @mynamerr

moved it to #ideas

Skins are theoretically in golden bags, since X.32.2.0 (Nov '19 - notes) but, in practice, because golden is classed as a lesser bag than cyan (and blue) you’d have to get a skin AND no high tiered items or pots for the golden bag to be displayed.

So maybe moving golden bag above cyan and blue might be a solution to this? With marks no longer in golden, I can’t think that this bag would be much of a troll now. Sure they’d be common in events, but you typically do want the event tokens they have too, more than cyan/blue items.

A related point is any tier of pet egg including Divine also could be in that cyan/blue bag, because of the egg basket’s even lesser priority. So really, it is already worth checking every bag (above pink, which I think we can all agree is a monstrosity eyesore that should be obliterated back into the void).

Don’t tell em about the Glass Sword and Heavy Crossbow! Oops. :smile:
IMO there’s simply not much point tinkering with the lesser items right now, when everyone is swimming in high tiered items to the point where you often can’t even give these away because nobody in the server needs them. I’d be alright with small changes like turning Obsidian into “my first UT”, but my instinct is Deca could not do just one simple thing, they’d turn it into a project to overhaul & powercreep the entire tier system, so best to (awful pun warning) let sleeping dags lie.

The tier system’s in need of a rework anyhow, with how progression is very poorly balanced relative to obtainability (see WC tops vs Void tops, yikes!).
Daggers are the ones most in need of a buff, in my opinion; the huge damage ranges and slooow damage progression from t0-t5 is making it really hard to justify picking a dagger class as a new player.
Swords on the other hand…well, I think most sensible players can agree that those deserve a sliiiight nerf.

Finally, bows are another peculiar case. I’ve said it like 10 times before and I’ll keep saying it - swap the high-tiereds triple-shot niche with Void Bow, amp up the damage per shot for them, and give this new Void armor piercing! Fits the set and it’s theming, makes bows consistent and much more viable, and would make playing Huntress and Archer sooo much more enjoyable for newbies without U-Tees.

A lot of it can be blamed on how “normally” the rarity of an item should increase the higher up the tier, so they would/should have fewer drop locations—but Realm usually for any new dungeon they do a copy/paste of the standard high-tiered item loot table onto the boss. Meaning T12/11/10s drop way more than T8s, 7s, etc. It’s backwards illogical.

Edit:

The tutorial system is SO bad. At the VERY least there should be a large unmissable Tutorial portal in the nexus so that new players can easily rerun the tutorial on their 2nd day, or after playing it for a couple hours then returning a week later. And redesign it so it has a hub with choices for the player to learn about all the concepts of the game cause you might have forgotten about the Vault but not need to rerun through “how to walk”. Halp the newbs!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.