Some useful tips on Account Security

Just a mediocre guide on simple internet safety to avoid getting hacked
Firstly, do not download things from external sources without it being approved first by trustworthy members of the community of DECA itself.
If you are unsure about whether something is safe or not, go to DECA’s customer support.
If you play on any private servers, keep your RotMG log in details different to the private server, as the people in charge of private servers are able to see your log in details that any one uses for it.
GMail is extremely easy to make, so if you are unsure about that just make a new one and ask DECA to change emails.
Don’t do RWT, not only is it against the ToS, it is very easy to be scammed by participating in it. Don’t tread those waters.

Password strength

Just a relevant xkcd. Remember, length over difficulty. Adding another letter could mean the difference between getting hacked within a month or the next century.
Also try to avoid making your password a word straight from the dictionary.

I’ll probably add on this later.

I was about to add [Account security] to the end of the thread name, but that would be a tad bit long. Instead, I will just ask you to edit the title for better clarification.
Also, you should avoid mentioning pservers on the forums.

All right, thank you. I thought it would be all right to mention ‘private servers’ but not the actual name of them. I will remove it form the title but not from the text, as it is relevant there

Meta discussion is fine. For example, I’m okay with stealing features that could be compatible with the official game.
Anything boarding on promotion is what we don’t want, including naming names.

Is this possible to do? Wouldn’t they be suspicious or just outright deny such requests?

They do it if you know the security questions answers.

Another good tip is to not share your password with anyone unless you really, really trust them.

So is there an application form for changing email?

Just contact the support for that.

meh

Changet from #Academy to #Academy:Guides

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.