Someone looks abandonned there [Ghost King discussion]

Heya!

I thought about this for a pretty long time, and now I wanna share it with you : I would like the Ghost King to be made more interesting.

Yes, that one guy in the corner of the room.
That useless guy, crying because nobody likes him.

More seriously, the Ghost King needs a serious help in term of loots. Look at similar bosses :
-Ent Ancient : you can get the Quiver of Thunder from him, the only UT quiver in the game!
-Lich : you can get the phylactery set, which makes you look badass!

Aaaaannnnd… The ghost king doesn’t give anything special. You can make him go at higher difficulty levels, but you won’t get anything better than if you just made him at the lowest level.

What about you? Do you think the Ghost King needs a rework? Tell me what you think about this in the comments!

Good luck on your quests, adventurers!

Fixing the Ghost King
Mini Ghost King Rant
Mini Ghost King Rant

drake eggs

Cyclops God

but those cant be buffed

well ive seen some ideas for the ghost king. Like different uts.

Edited title for the sake of clarity.

I kinda of agree, the Ghost King is forgotten. Buffing him doesn’t really make the battle harder, just longer. And even that’s not case if you know that the Ghost Master always spawn to the right of the Ghost King if your camera is at 0 degrees. That and no good loot make him quite forgetable.

like a ghost.

Forgotten…

the thing is when you buff it you different things happen.

I’m pretty sure that when you buff, the king only spawns more ghosts. But you can still kill it quickly using the method I explained before. Correct me if I’m wrong.

That’s right. The problem here isn’t the difficulty of the boss, but the loots you can get from it.

Looks like its time for me to make a ghost king st set.

I would say both the loot and difficulty are problems. I would be nice to have a harder and more rewarding fight against the ghost king.

I think the Ghost King is a perfect encounter for those progressing to level 20. Personally i’d rather not see further erosion of lower level content in favor of higher level players. Ents and Liches are already overrun, there’s just enough of them so spread around so lower level players can have a chance at them without competing against 8/8’s. There are far fewer Ghost Kings, so to make them desirable to higher level players is to rob them from lower level players.

Ghost King ST Set

I agree, I was talking about the buffed Ghost King. Just having lots of ghost spawn when buffed is really uninspiring.

But doc, what do ghost kings have for low level players?

The problem is that the ghost king can be buffed, but you will not gain any benefit from doing so… If this is meant to be a low level boss, then the buffing thing should be removed

experience of playing the game. it’s something they can actually do.

Aight, fair enough.

no you cant. even if you kill that right ghost,well, it wont be the right ghost. he will spawn more after like a minute or two later, then you can kill that ghost and ghost king. probably didnt make myself clear at all…

aye! let’s be miserable together

• Ghost King