Sorcerer, in need of buff?

To me, sorc has always been one of the worst classes. I recently got a fulmi so I decided to make one and I actually enjoy it a lot more than I expected but I still say it’s unplayable without a fulmi. I still hear lots of complaints about sorcs and that they need a buff. I don’t disagree but the only idea I can think of to be plausible would be to make scepters armor pierce. Otherwise I think they’re good as is. Unpopular opinion, maybe? What do you think? Sorc in need of buff or good as is?

It’s just too average of a class.

75 vit is useless.

Other than that it doesn’t excel in any stats. It’s simply not as good as the other classes like warrior or knight. Sorc is like the Wayne Rooney of RotMG. Good at everything but not excellent at anything.

yeah I agree with that. I don’t know why they thought giving it 75 vit would be significant in any way.

Um, if you don’t have a good pet, like you (no offense), the extra vit is pretty nice. And to @Lucae, a lot of people think sorcerer is a great class. It may not have the best DPS, but it’s survival is good and it can still get loot. I personally don’t like it, but I know that a lot of people do and every class has its own advantages if you can play it right. I don’t think any class needs a buff.

Yes. It needs 75 Attack or something to increase its DPS. Otherwise, its damage is just barely better than a Priest’s.

Yes, but sorcerer is a ROBE class with a wand. It doesn’t get hit very often(not supposed to, at least). It’s ability allows it to stay at a far range and spam. [quote=“Cenamuch, post:4, topic:7482”]
you (no offense)
[/quote]

My NAE

Exactly. Sorcerer is good.

But it’s ability is far worse compared to something like the wizard’s spellbomb.

Remember, sorc is good. Just worse than all of the other classes.

In my opinion the fulmi makes the sorc so good that if you don’t have one it’s useless. If they would balance it I think all scepters should have slow maybe only T2-T3+ though. And that leaves the unique “slow” ability of the fulmi. Awhile back the fulmi had it’s description being “This scepter’s blast is so powerful it will daze opponents.” something like that instead of “This scepter’s blast is so powerful it will slow opponents.” So if they were to change it to daze, people would think it is overpowered (as it would be) but I would like to see it in action if it was actually an option. Let me know what you think.

The thing with slow is that that’s supposed to be the role of huntress, while paralyze is supposed to be the role of archer.
If the sorcerer cab also slow enemies (without aim too), it blurrs that line even further.

Personally, I’m okay with that. I believe that a sorcerer and huntress/archer are different from load out and stat distribution enough. Maybe not daze because archer’s got that as unique soulbound, but I agree on the slow.

No. It is a perfect class.

People just don’t see it that way.

Whether you agree if sorc is good or not, there’s one blatant fact: It pales in comparison to other classes.

Giving it increased damage would make it even more similar to wizard which is a terrible idea. Tiered scepters should be given an aspect other than damage like how the t6 tomb had a speed buff added. Give it a short daze or weaken (these are just suggestions).

Ahh its definitely higher than a priest, especially on high HP enemies like chests and avatar.

So why not just play a wizard instead?

Because when Sorc was made, pets couldn’t heal you (I’m not even sure they existed at the time yet).

Having extra Vit and Spd means you can play risky from time to time instead of being a 100% glass cannon.

I don’t know if that would modify the class all that much. It doesn’t really change the way it plays and considering how fast some bosses die it won’t have any meaningful impact on its ability to get loot either.

Technically Sorcerer already got buffed when the Priest rebalance gave piercing shots to all tiered wand and Armor Pierce to the Cwand.

But from a practical standpoint, Sorcerer pales in comparison to the highly mentioned Wizard class.

You can’t help but raise a red flag when you have to use really specific examples of niches the sorcerer is best at such as:

“Sorcerers excel at dirty tombs because their scepter allows them to hit multiple bosses as well as their piercing wand”

Look at other classes and you’ll find easily identifiable niches for instance: “The rogue is arguably the safest rusher in the game”

Wizard vs. Sorc is more a matter of style and preference. Spell bomb lets you deliver a lot of damage to one enemy but only one enemy. It’s pretty inefficient at killing or weakening groups, or getting SB on them. It suffers especially from lag as even minimal lag makes it hard to land precisely.

E.g. in an Abyss use a Scepter twice and you’ve reduced the next two rooms to half-HP, needing only a couple of wand shots to finish them off. In a Manor one or two uses empties a room of bats. UDL is another where it rapidly thins out crowded rooms. This is just with a normal Scepter; Fulmi is even better but the Sorc works pretty well without it. With 60 speed you don’t have much trouble outrunning things.

I have made several 6/8 sorcs, and the class is fun, but underpowered.

The main issue is its single target dps is basically the same as the priest, but its survivabiliy is much lower than the priest.

What needs to be done is that after the use of a scepter, it provides damaging to self for 1-2 seconds, increasing with tier. Instead of damaging, fulmi would give berserk, which has overall less dps, making tiered scepters a viable choice compared to fulmi. Also, the less targets the scepter hits, the more damage it should do. At tier 5/6, for every one less target it has, the damage to each target will increase by 40, making the highest damage possible (1 target), 520. Fulmi would also increase by 40, making the highest damage possible 460. These buff would make the sorcerer a strong pick, it would truly be the in between of a priest and wizard.

This is a dps chart

Nonsense. It has significantly higher att and dex than a priest, and does 25 - 30% more damage (it varies by enemy def, as Sorc’s higher att is better at overcoming the def of some enemies). So not ‘basically the same’. And that’s not considering the Sorc’s ability which can do as much damage again.

Sorcerer is a good class, but it’s not really going outdo any of the other classes in anything. It isn’t unplayable without the fulmi but trust me your drive to play as him will be much higher. On the other hand my sorc still hasn’t died though which almost scares me. Give him higher Dex or att or something. The pierce on the wand is nice though. If you’re convinced sorcerer is trash then try him out in an abyss.

Plus I’d say the sorcerer set is probably one of the most well rounded sets overall.