Sorcerer ST

It’s a 9 tile range sword

Why did you not expect it to be broken?

did i say i didn’t?

and it has 60% firerate, not technically a sword although it does the same amount of damage.

it’s not exclusively an issue with the wand either. the scepter has a dps potential of over 5k since it hits 5 targets for a stun of one second. it nearly invalidates the parasite scepter too. the robe and ring are well balanced, imo, but the set bonuses… oh lord.

also @krathan: suggestion - implement a 1 second cooldown on the scepter. you can repeatedly spam it even while stunned as of rn.

I haven’t had the chance to hop on testing yet, but the ring alone seems pretty OP. :sunglasses:

The ring is fine

It’s actually misery bocks :wink:

Additional DPS comparison with Wand of the Fallen.
Almost a better version of it.
However, its slower shots make it somewhat harder to aim, and the lower fire rate - combined with the large dex loss from the whole set - also play a factor.

Maybe it’d be better if there were some wacky shot pattern onto it…

For the scepter, with that alone, I find almost no reason to use the Scepter of Devastation.
I would propose, without the full set on, the stunned + hex duration lasts for 3 seconds.
Other things need to be considered too, but it’s just an idea.

I would propose that the scepter consistently stuns for 2 seconds whether the set is on or not

I would increase the HP to +60, and then nerf the def bonus to +10, after playing with it, the scepter seems balanced, I often times find myself trying to spam it, but the internal CD+ the stun duration make it very hard to use in places where I would want to attack + spam it, like tombs, shatters, and void fights. Single targets, is what I mean. In high mob density areas, the scepter shines very well, despite the stun, because it hits 5 targets. It makes clearing godlands a breeze, as well as clearing out the mobs in shatts before bosses. In shatts I would still use fallen + deva because of the attack bonus and no stun duration.
The set as a whole was ok, I used it for an entire LH run just to see how it felt, it was decent, the increased range compared to fallen was nice, however the entire LH run before boss fights doesnt require that much range so I was just feeling like that was wasted there.

TL:DR 10 Def set bonus, 60 hp, everything else is fine for the entire set. Other things outshine it outside of clearing mobs or high density boss fights.

Mystic set has the same def, and the parasite scept doesnt stun you, meaning that in boss fights, parasite is much better. Also parasite has attk bonus as well.

The scepter has it’s uses outside of the set as well, I would propose to leave the scepter the same way, as it currently doesn’t give any attk/wis bonuses, unlike the parasite scepter. The stun also puts a damper on your dps during boss fights or when fighting single mobs when compared to Devastation scept. The New Scepter is hands down better for clearing out smaller mobs quickly if they have below 1k hp, but for tougher enemies, I would use parasite, hands down. For the dps and the lack of the stun.

One thing that I noticed earlier on was that spamming the scepter dc’d me. I’m not sure if it was the servers, or had something to with being stunned and repeatedly trying to use your ability.

Except the mystic set doesn’t have the highest damage staff.

The wand of this set outclasses everything else by far.

Aye this is most likely the cause. Since you can’t use abilities while stunned but you’re using them anyways…causes problems and something breaks and boots you.

Prolly cuz there is no “selfStun” tag just a tag for “Stun” so they would use it like; if (stun == true) {ability = false;}

Basically, they didn’t think of that and it’s gonna take a couple lines of code to fix.

Does the st scepter have the same aiming nerf like devastation?

Against single targets, yes, however regular tiered wands pierce, so against 2-3 enemies and above, you’re better off using a recomp. I get what you’re saying, but you forget the fact that regular wands have piercing, as well as a much higher projectile speed, making them easier to hit.

Stun doesn’t affect the ability to use abilities per say. At least, not in the context of being able to use it. The reason why he’d DC after spamming is similar to how you get DC’d for spamming a shield ability or any attack ability while lagging.

The problem with the set is that you have no damn reason to wear the entire thing, the only thing the set “maximizes” is defense and its on a character that has a range of 9 so ya.

Honestly this set will either be broken up into The wand + deva + star mother + crown to maximize dps and giving decent survivability or into scepter + wismod items so you can play as a scepter blaster.

The wand is um, a buffed fallen.
Scepter is fun and somewhat strong if you ballance your entire build around it, but used as a support it screws your dps more than it helps.
Robe is trash even with the full set bonus.
Ring is trash even with the full set bonus.

If the set is released as it is , fallen needs a rethink, bullwark needs a reason to exist other than looking pretty and condu needs a shift+delete.

Please no, we don’t need another wand of Geb…

What a ridiculous response. Are you aware that this wand has higher DPS than wand of the fallen on top of outranging it by like 40%? It outclasses everything. Do you see anyone here agreeing with you, that the wand isn’t overpowered?