Soul Tokens

This, as of itself, is a relatively complete idea, even if it isn’t that well balanced. I will be soon be posting other posts that may be connected to this one but could work as it’s own separate idea. The reason I am choosing to post them separately is that individual ideas could have a life of their own. However, if I connect them all together, if one of them is bad, the majority of people will simply also scrap the rest. On the other hand, there is a chance that all of them just suck :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you make a story about The “Fluffy”?

-“Fluffy lover”

A story about the great devourer of cookies? Maybe later when I have time :stuck_out_tongue:

Good

I’m in

I know you mentioned you haven’t balanced them yet, and that’s fine, just wanted to add my opinion

“Destruction Soul Token:
Effect: As long as there is at least one “Destruction Soul Token” in the inventory before a maxed character dies, candies of the stats that the character was maxed will be sent to his gift vault.”

Just pop one of these things on any character and die without any repercussion, just 8/8 again
Slightly too overpowered

“Death Soul Token:
Effect: The Death Soul Token offers a powerful passive ability. As long as there is at least one “Death Soul Token”, you will receive +2 atk, +2 def, +2 dex, +2 spd, +2 wis, +2 vit, +20 hp, and +20 mp, the exact same stats as the amulet of resurrection.
If you die with a “Death Soul Token” on you, you will be given a choice, “Save your Character” or “Save your Tokens”.”

Save your tokens vs save your character is not necessarily equal imo; you could always put your tokens in vault
Also, that token has some really powerful passive stats

Also, what’s up w/ stacking? Is a stack of 5 of a soul token any better than a stack of just 1? If not, why would you ever stack the token?

I like your ideas (especially the golden soul token, that’s very unique good job), but I don’t think we should be messing with the permadeath mechanic anymore
I wasn’t here during the Amulet of Resurrection era, but from what I heard it broke permadeath

Also, I don’t understand the drop table/system for these? Where does the Destruction and Death token drop from?

I apologize for the mention of stacking. Stacking was for when this was part of a separate idea, to create a trading system. However, there were too many issues with the trading system and I was too lazy to solve them. And yes, ammy broke perma death but at the incredible costs of these things, I believe most people would prefer to die then to lose their soul token. The higher soul tokens don’t drop. The idea is that you would stack the earlier soul tokens and when you completed a stack, then you would double click to evolve it into the next type. Otherwise, the basic soul tokens are pretty much useless. Basically, although their effects are decent, the pure rareness of the soul tokens makes you question whether or not you would prefer to keep the soul tokens or save your charachter which you likely didn’t spend as much time farming for.

Edit: The bigger tokens have a chance of dropping from the ultimate dungeons, dungeons I have not yet created

Got it, thanks for the explanation.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.