Sound Panel Bugs

There are a couple bugs with the sound panel right now. While the sound system works fine, these bugs mainly affect how convenient it is to change sound and music levels, as well as the overall consistency of the panel.

I’ve noticed the first bug for a bit, where if you have a sound slider set to anything under 100%, then you turn sound effects off and then back on, the bar resets to 100%. This can get a bit bothersome, especially since you have to manually shift around with the bar until you get it back to what it was before.

I start off with the sound effects bar set to about 50%.

I turn sound effects off, and the bar jumps to full. No sound plays.

I turn sound effects back on, it remains at full instead of reverting to 50%.

Interestingly enough, the music slider actually behaves differently from the sound effects slider.

Here's me starting off with a partially filled music bar.

When I turn music off, the bar drops to 0%, unlike with sound effects, which jumps to full.

Then when I turn it back on, it jumps to full.

Right now, the sound system isn’t very consistent, or convenient if you want to turn sounds off and on. If possible, it should be changed such that the on/off button affects only whether sound can be played, with no effect upon the slider, which will come into play only when music or the sound effects button is set to “on”. The slider can be changed only by hand, not by buttons.

Basically, if the button is on, play sound at X percentage. Otherwise, don’t play anything.

Another little issue with the sliders right now is that they don’t line up with the cursor. The bar actually moves to the right of the cursor.

In this image, I moved the sound effects slider to the left of the tree's top pixel.

I then clicked on that top pixel.

The place where the slider ended up was a little under a centimeter to the right of where I had clicked, shown by the little red line I drew underneath the slider.

While these aren’t major issues, it would be nice to see them fixed some time in the future. Thanks for reading!

Trivial Issues Thread

you play with sound on?

Yep

you actually took time to test and discover this?

The sound effects and the “off”-ness of the slider were things that have both bothered me for several months now (but never really felt the need to post about it), and I discovered the music slider’s inconsistency with the sound effect slider when I started testing out the bugs.

Sometimes I play with sound on as well, because the music is amazing and I never get bored of it. But usually I don’t because of this bug. Or it bothers other people.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.