Speedy "bombs" as a hazard in dungeons

Nah, speedy helps me dodge so, this is kinda bad (in my opinion)

damn you is pro

I’m just good when stuff goes faster. I like fast

I think you are among the few. Speedy makes it easy to rush, but actually dodging while you rush, is another story, especially when you aren’t expecting the speedy.

speedy bombs sounds like it’d benefit more skilled players that know how to control speedy, and it’d only be a hazard to low skill/bad players.

just watch any video of a bad realmer playing warrior and they lose their shit when they use their ability.

i play a lotta rogue and ninja so even if u give me speedy on those classes i can still weave and dodge with insane precision, but that all comes with experience.

True, but the same can be said for the shots and their patterns, you can have crazy bullet hell like Daichi, which most will struggle with, but some people, like @Tsunami have an easy time with said bullet hell, a huge portion of this game is skill based, ( if you ignore the RNG ) and as such, the more you do something, the better you’ll get at it.

I agree, it would definitely be something that could be harnessed if you were to use it properly. There are three things that you need to keep in mind.

Firstly, you may be good at controlling your character when you’re speedy as a warrior, but lets be honest, are you really dodging a lot of things? I find that most ninjas aren’t actually that good at dodging. They just kind of run by and hope to get shots in while the damage pattern is in their favor.

Secondly, the speedy buff would be intermittent. I’m sure you can confuse walk, but can you do it in labs where you’re getting hit by a 0.5 second confuse? No. You can’t. And anyone that says that they can confuse walk perfectly through a lab is kidding themselves. Now the 0.5 sec confuse might not be bad, but how about something slightly longer. Or even worse, how about make something with a varied confuse time so that you can’t just get in the habit of confuse walking for half a second and then switching back to your regular key layout. The point is, the speedy buff would be short enough to mess up your dodge pattern, but not long enough to help you. The whole point of the buff is to make you go a little bit further than you were supposed to.

Thirdly, it only takes one mistake to kill your character. Even if speedy might help you dodge better 90% of the time, it’s the 5% of the time when you aren’t expecting to get speedied or you are darknessed or blinded or confused and speedied that your character dies. But a short speedy isn’t going to help you dodge any better. It’s just another thing to throw you off.

lmao, thanks for the shoutout. I think the only reason why I think most of these shot patters are a joke is because there isn’t enough rng with the shooting itself. Most of the shots in this game are highly predictable, and as such, can be easily dodged

actually daichi is easy, just imagine an ent and it’s easier

I think this is a good point. I think speedy takes a different approach to the same problem, by making your movement less predictable, even if the shots still are. If the speedy bombs were to take on the form of something like the quiets in UDL during the boss, the little brown ones that are small and almost impossible to see, to the point when you really weren’t sure when you were going to receive the buff, and when you weren’t, this would make dodging a lot harder.

I’m not entirely sure though, because you stop moving the second you know the shot is about to come. Even if you speed up, you change directions (even faster at putting distance between you and daichi now). I think in general this would work, but for bosses that predict shots it wouldn’t\

TL;DR: Timing spaces the shots, not your speed

The purpose of the speed is to take advantage of that 1/2 second where you don’t know that you are confused, or when you are reacting to the unexpected. Currently, I feel like an unexpected confuse should only affect you for two, maybe 3 tiles, before you realize you are confused and start confuse controlling. If you were speedied, This range increases to 4-6 tiles. That is pretty significant, and can easily put you in the wrong place at the wrong time.

All speedy does is make everything more punishing. That’s the whole point.

Speedy is a buff.

That’s the point

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.