[Spoilers] Archmage Attack Exaltation, Seasonal Characters, New Player Tooltips and more

subejct change

i stopped posting to forum but i assume it’s still allow

Shatters Rehearsal

They are working on an “event” for the entire playerbase to practice Shatters.

• There are practice keys directly to all 3 bosses (aka no clearing but also means no hardmode)
  • Of course, they won’t drop loot BUT
    • There’s new versions of the items that currently have the same stats but have Rehearsal in the name and are grayscale, which essentially allows them to do whatever they want with it (i.e. temporary item use until it gets removed next update or something else).

• All 3 will have 25% less damage and 20% less HP through a dungeon mod
  • @ deca it’s rehearsal not rehersal please fix

This is definitely a prod event rather than a testing event as the dungeon mod gives 0% drop chance to normal loot as well as the existence of rehearsal items. With that said, I don’t know if it’s death-free or not, but they do have the functionality somewhere since Arena. Doubtful tho

Seasonal Characters (PPE Mode but Cooler)

They’re finally working on ppe mode and it should be ready for next season. It’s pretty much just a ppe but it has some uniqueness from being first-party.

• Seasonal Characters will have a 10% BXP Boost.
  • Can unlock “special rewards” somehow (aka i dont know yet)
  • They have their own Vault with 16 vault spaces 16 potion vault spaces and their own gift chest.
    • Vault can be upgraded maximum once with 500 gold, potion vault can only be upgraded from items (quests/battle pass).
  • Seasonal Characters can trade with other Seasonal Characters (they are light blue on character list bottom right).
  • After the Season ends, both the character and its vault contents will be transferred to normal (however that would work).
  • idk about forge yet but would seem mostly fine since unique vault, the real question is how it’d work with used blueprints

Sulfurous Wetlands

This is a UGC dungeon by MOONSHOOT and spritework by TLMaelstrom.

They added the dungeon to the Godlands fame bonus but it’s actually closer to epic dungeons/parasite. The portal spawns the same way as epic dungeons, a rare enemy in godlands, Swamp Spirit (the only enemy with extra frames):

There is 1 boss and 1 miniboss, Heart of the Wetlands and Warped Ent Ancient (they don’t move, Warped spawns the same way as library/lab 2nd/mtemple troom):

For reference, Heart gives 30000 EXP and Ent gives 8000.

it has many item, not all will make it

edit: it was meant to be the first row are whites and second row are cyans but the leather is actually a white not cyan !!!

Shatters Changes

• Twilight Archmage now gives Attack exaltation (on top of Forgotten King).
    • It still requires 75 exaltations total (halved completes).
    • This does mean you can fully exalt attack without ever doing King.
  • All EXP was buffed by 1.5x.
  • Some shots were lowered in damage: non rage sentinel jumps and some of the ice shots in archmage, while blobomb shots got a bit less range.
  • Also some notes on Shatters Rehearsal (they fixed rehersal)
    • It isn’t actually just the boss room, you have to do their respective clearing (village 1st, generators 2nd and tablets 3rd).
    • They don’t give exalts.

New Player Tooltips

They’re adding a bunch of dialog that shows up on the bottom right of your game view when you get near whatever they set it on. Of course you can turn them off as well as turn them off individually once you see them.

These are pretty good by themselves but they like to bundle changes to address it all at once so it’s not impossible that there’ll be more improvements for new players.

Here’s what they have for now (some have already been changed once):

• The Vault (Portal): Your personal storage space and saferoom. You can store items in here for safekeeping.
  • Guild Hall (Portal): This is the home of your guild, where you can meet with fellow guildmates. Try chatting with the friendly Guill, or even asking him for ‘potions’!
  • The Pet Yard (Portal): Here you can hatch Eggs into Pets, and raise them to become capable allies in battle. Eggs drop from Realm and Dungeon monsters. To learn more about Pets, talk to the knowledgeable Yard Caretaker.
  • The Grand Bazaar (Portal): Colorful wares, useful and pretty! You can also use the Shop menu to see a full catalogue and latest discounts.
  • The Realm (Portal): Enter to begin exploring the Realm of the Mad God. Team up with other players to defeat dangerous monsters, conquer Dungeons, acquire precious loot, and more! Death is permanent, but remember: you can return to safety any time using your Escape to Nexus key.
  • Vault Storage Chest (Object): A chest capable of storing any type of item. Items stored here won’t be lost if your character dies.
  • Gift Chest (Object): Items appear here when you redeem rewards from Quests or the Shop. This chest has no storage limit, but you can only withdraw items from it.
  • Potion Rack (Object): Once you are Level 20 you need to drink Potions to fully maximize all your Stats. If you have leftover potions you can store them here.
  • Blacksmith (the person): The Blacksmith will forge new items for you by dismantling others. Unlock new item recipes by using Blueprints that you find while out in the realm.
  • Wardobe (Object): Come to the Wardrobe to change your characters skin, title, and more!
  • Heroes of Oryx (On Phoenix Lord, Cyclops King, Ent Ancient and Lich): This monster is a Hero of Oryx. When all of them are killed, everyone in the Realm will be brought to Oryx’s Castle to face him directly!
  • Dungeon Portal (Only on Pirate Cave and Forest Maze Portals): Dungeons offer a unique environment where you can fight your way through enemies and bosses for loot. The loot you find within will generally be of a higher grade than the surrounding realm area. Harder dungeons will yield better rewards and Stat Potions.

Emotes (and Gravestones)

Emotes are not chat emotes nor are they fortnite emotes, they are just a sprite that hovers directly above your head for a bit. You can choose 4 emotes to use at a time at the wardrobe, which you then use by using the “emote wheel” button (v by default). That’s pretty much all, the current emotes are all just existing sprites in the game (placeholder hopefully).

One thing that’s actually ok is there’s a slot for a “Victory Emote”. You and everyone else will use their selected emote whenever the boss is killed.

Gravestones are pretty self-explanatory, the ones they’re testing it on for now are the old gravestones added during the unity campaign. Other than that, you just pick which ones you want in the wardrobe (after “unlocking” it of course).

Pirate Event

the next “big” event after motmg is pirate themed, maybe related to international talk like a pirate day on sep 19th

• Buried Treasure

Usually pirate treasure is marked with an X on the map but it seems like The Tinkerer already found all of them!

• Pirate Hat x10

A fit only for a true captain!

• Golden Tooth x10

Gold ingots tend to be very heavy, so why not melt them down into something easier to carry and maybe trade with.

definitely one ever

Player tooltips are a great addition.

finally i get to see the alien baby when i die on 8/8s again

new content no way

It would be so awesome
It would be so cool
It would be the most incredible endgame dungeon the world has ever seen
The screens would light up, with real explosions
And special effects
Like, tons and tons of special effects
My super sweet robe would be special effects
And it would blow your mind

'Cause it’s my dungeon, my dungeon
My endgame dungeon
It’s all about me, yeah
It’s all about me
It’s my dungeon, my dungeon
My endgame dungeon
They’ll be lining up to play a dungeon all about me
No longer a reward chest, no, that’s not me
Picture my bootie up in 3D
I’ll shake my bootie in my own dungeon
My endgame dungeon

I’d have the most impressive, cool and scary
Big, mean, drunk adversary
But not to worry, I’m the man on charge
Yeah, I’d have an alter ego
I’d be a billionaire
Standing tall with adult-size hands
And gorgeous hair (Gorgeous hair)

'Cause it’s my dungeon, my dungeon
My endgame dungeon
It’s all about me, yeah
It’s all about me
My endgame dungeon
No longer the reward chest (Reward chest are lame!)
Now I’m the forgotten king putting oryx to shame
A-Z-A-M-OTH is the name!

Ooo, and I’d have my own hero music too
It’d go bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, boom!
It would play everytime that I entered a room
Then I’d say my sweet and ominous catchphrase
“YOU TEST THE PATIENCE OF A GOD!”

My endgame dungeon
It’s all about me, yeah
It’s all about me
My endgame dungeon
My endgame dungeon
It’s all about me
(It’s all about me) It’s all about me
(My dungeon, my dungeon) My dungeon, my endgame dungeon
(Lining up to see)
(All about me) Yeah, it’s all about me

New player tooltips are a step in the right direction. They’d help clarify what areas do more. However, I hope that they’ll add more to this in the future and create a new tutorial to replace the outdated one, adding in crucial information such as pets and stat increase potions. If they want to make it more organic, maybe they have an NPC that appears at LV 20 telling you what stat pots are, what they do, what ?/8 means, and some good starting points for farming stat pots.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.