[Spoilers] Early Oryx 3 UTs and 16 (!) Agents of Oryx Abilities

subject to change

also share the post with your guilds/friends/whoever

(im just seeing if that actually works so do it ok)

Oryx 3 UTs

By early I mean early. They’re not fleshed out whatsoever and have a lot of mistakes, so just pay attention to the concepts and not specifics. Even the concepts might not make it.

Also: they did confirm that the minibosses would have items on stream, so it’s not all gonna be from o3.

Dark Pact

Oryx 3 UT Ring.

On Shoot: Dark Pact

If you are cursed gain + 20 attack for 3 seconds.

Cost: 10 mana

Cooldown: 4s

That’s all it does, no stats. This really is just showing a new proc feature, requiring status effects.

Seems pretty shit until you see the UTs coming up, but even then it’s pretty shit.

Astral Call

Oryx 3 UT Ring.

On Hit: Oak Strength

If you are hit while armor broken, gain +200 max hp for 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 4 seconds.

same thing as above

Skull of the Nameless

Oryx 3 UT 2.

On Shoot: Soul Tear

Empowers your shots at the cost of life and mana for 2 seconds

Cost: 20 mana, 20 hp

Cooldown: 3 seconds

On Ability: Soul Well

Create a Soul Well at targeted position. After 5 seconds the well will recall the spirits of all nearby gravestones. Spirits will fight for you for 5 seconds before vanishing.

Cooldown: 45 seconds

MP: 110

Stats: +50 HP, +3 DEF, +3 DEX

The “Soul Tear” is just +20 dex for 2 seconds. The description says 20 hp/mp but it’s actually 35 hp/mp. The “Soul Well” isn’t even a thing yet.

Ring of Shadows

On Ability: Shadow Strike

Gain +20 attack for 3 seconds when invisible.

Same as above but clearly has better use cases. Cooldown is 4 seconds so it syngergizes well with cloak for the cost of +30 mana. Not sure if that’s worth a loss of 190 hp though

Glass ring

Oryx 3 UT Ring. Balanced as all things should be.

Stats: -225 HP, +40 ATT

high change of it being a joke item but lol

Wand Oryx

Oryx 3 UT Wand.

On Ability: Demonic Tax

Gain Curse for 4 seconds.

On Shoot: Demonic Defense

5% chance to get +7 defense when shooting.

costs 35 mana on activation.

Damage: 165-195

Shots: 3 (arc gap 120)

Range: 5.016

Rate of Fire: 75%

Weird ass item but this works well with that curse ring from above. The shots are equally far apart so you have to sit on shit to get all 3 shots. The curse effect also costs 10 mana for whatever reason and the defense chance is actually 1.7% and it’s att, not def lol. tldr it’s a mess of an item

Oryx Katana

Oryx 3 UT Katana.

On Ability: Demonic Tax

Gain Curse for 4 seconds.

On Shoot: Demonic Haste

5% chance to get +7 dexterity when shooting.

costs 35 mana on activation.

Damage: 90-275

Range: 4.44

This one does have the correct values but other than that, same idea as the wand.

Oryx 3 UT Orb

Absolute zero.

MP: 100

On use: in 2 tile range (on cursor), stunned for 0.5 seconds, paralyzed for 1 second, dazed for 1.5 seconds and slowed for 2 seconds

Stats: +4 ATT, +7 DEX

This one’s the coolest out of all of them.

Agents of Oryx Abilities

Now these are fleshed out (for the most part) and are going to be released relatively soon. They’re still getting tweaked now, so yea not final.

Shard of the Intern

craig

A strange object collected from the travels of Craig, Intern of the Mad God, in his mission to craft several mighty abilities for Oryx’s use.Collect 15 to exchange for an ability from the Agents of Oryx series!

Sprite Credits: Aurum

If we’re being realistic they’re gonna drop from events, but one can hope for better shit.

ok get ready now

Scepter of Pandemonium

scepter

This wicked scepter, bestowed upon only Oryx’s most loyal of servants, allows the user total control of the forces of chaos.

Mad God’s Wrath: Release a nova of shots.

Nove Range: 3.5 tiles

Nova Damage: 200.

Nova Effect: Dazed for 3 seconds

Nova Cooldown: 20 seconds

actual scepter: (before wismod) 400 damage to 3 target (+1 every 15 wis over 100 lol) in 60 degree radius with a range of 3.25 tiles

Effect: Dazes for 3 seconds

Proc: the description but 15 degree arc and has 24 shots

Fame: 6%

FP: 800

note: aurum didn’t forget to make the proc here sb like the crystal kunai one, but forgot it in the star

Rage Claws (Star)

Forged to channel the Mad God’s wrath into precise and deadly slashes, these claws make for an ideal tool for Oryx’s assassins.

Killer Instinct: 33% chance to boost attack or dexterity by 15 for 3 seconds.

MP: 90

Shots: 3 at 22.5 degrees and 3 at -22.5 degrees

Shot Stats: 275-400 damage and Pierces/Boomerangs at 5.625 range

Having multiple shots as a star dcs you, so that’s why it works like a waki (besides the obvious “claws”). The procs are both separate, so you can have both/either/none.

Cursed Spire Spell

Few of the Mad God’s minions could resist the temptations of this spell’s curse; those that did were able to utilize its full potentional.

Mayhem Aegis: 50% chance to boost defense by 15 for 3 seconds.

Effect: Spawns a “decoy” on top of you that explodes with 10 shots after 0.6 seconds

Shot Stats: 500-600 damage at 7.5 range, Pierces and Passes Cover

Amaterasu (Waki)

waki

A sacred blade, forged by the ancient worshippers of the sun god. Though now corrupted under Oryx’s rule, its unique craftsmanship still showcases its ability to focus its strike upon a single point.

Flawless Technique: 20% chance to not consume mana.

MP: 120

Shots: 1 at 45/90/135/180/225/270/315/360 degrees (like a circle !!!), 8 shots total

Shot Stats: 300-350 damage at 5 range, Exposes for 3 seconds, Pierces and Passes Cover

Fame: 5% (inconsistent for now)

FP: 750

The “not consume mana” is actually just a chance to gain 120 mana, effectively the same thing.

Blacklight Artifice (Trap)

An alluring entanglement forged with razor-like black iron. Oryx’s most adept hunters use this device to severely wound their prey before executing them.

Trap: 700 damage within 4 squares

Deploys on yourself.

33% chance to wound enemies ensnared within five seconds, dealing 750 damage over five seconds.

Toastrz get rid of the useless tooltip data when you port this to T1 kay thanks bye.

(that did not happen)

Trap: is actually 8 squares not 4 squares, stays for 30 seconds

Fame: 5%

Demon Lord’s Skull

The charred remains of an ancient demon ruler. Oryx’s wicked spellcasters have cursed it with the ability to resurrect and control demons.

Dark Ritual: 50% chance to summon an undead demon minion for six seconds. Dealing 250 damage every 0.4 seconds.

Does not heal.

Skull: (before wismod) 200 damage in a 4 tile radius and ignores 125 defense

Stats: +65 HP

Prism of Shattered Light

This prism’s light-storing ability make it essential equipment for Oryx’ recon squad, granting them unmatched efficiency in any scenario.

When used above 450HP: +15 ATT for 4 seconds

Cooldown: 6 seconds

When used below 450 HP: Become invisible for 6 seconds

Cooldown: 7 seconds

MP: 85

Decoy: Opposite the direction you move, 6 tiles away for 6 seconds (but it’ll be gray)

Stats: +6 SPD

Tome of the Tarnished Gods

An accursed collection of religious texts detailing the Mad God’s rise to power, granted to Oryx’ high priests as a symbol of utmost trust.

When used below 400 HP: Creates a Holy Orb with healing properties

Max Heal: 60 HP

Max Targets: 15

When used above 400 HP: Creates a Darkness Orb with damaging properties

Max Damage: 350

Orb range: 6 sqrs

Orb duration: 6 seconds

Cooldown: 4 seconds

Effect: Healing for 4 seconds in a 6 tile radius (no actual hp without proc)

Stats: +45 MP, +7 WIS

Cloak of the Darkened Sun

cloak

A firm cloak worn by Oryx’s stealth agents to assist in quiet takedowns. It doubles as protection for any compromised situation.

When used above 550 HP: +100 Max HP for 4.5 seconds

When hit while invisible above 550 HP:: Restore 20 HP

Cooldown: 0.6 seconds

When hit while invisible below 550 HP:: Restore 80 HP

Cooldown: 4 seconds

MP: 90

Effects: Invisible for 4.5 seconds (but also makes you gray)

Cooldown: 6 seconds

Stats: +3 DEF

That + max hp has a 6 second cooldown, and also requires 100 mana for some reason

Orb of Conquest

Used to maintain the Mad God’s constant rule across the realm, Oryx’s sentries would use these cursed orbs for their watchful eye, obliterating those who opposed his reign.

Beacon of Blight: Constructs a beacon that damages and curses enemies.

The beacon stays on for 2 seconds and explodes into three bursts.

Curse Durations: 3, 6 and 9

Explosion Range: 5, 4 and 3

Explosion Damage: 400, 500 and 600

Conquerer’s Energy: Increase your Attack by 10 for 5 seconds.

Cooldown: 30 seconds

Stats: +4 ATT, +4 DEX

Cooldown: 2 seconds

FP: 500

Mad God’s Cry (Lute)

lute

While some musicians in Oryx’s court are set aside purely to entertain the Mad God, other musicians with a certain degree of skill in combat are given this War Horn to rally and inspire troops in battle.

Deafening Blast: Apply Slowed for 4 seconds to enemies within 4 squares

Slowed Cooldown: 10 seconds

On Use: Place down a banner that applies Berserk to allies within 4 squares.

Party Effect: Within 5 squares, Inspired for 5 seconds.

Stats: +3 DEF, +3 DEX

Cooldown: 5 seconds

Seal of the Battle God

Given to Oryx’s most esteemed gladiators, this twisted artifact is capable of focusing all of the wearer’s strength into a single blow. Such power is said to resemble the mad god himself.

Stagger and Counter: Changes ability effect when below 400 HP

Stagger: When below 400 HP, Armored on self for 4 seconds.

Counter: When above 400 HP, channel your rage into a critical blow.

Critical Strike: Increases damage by a factor of four for 0.4 seconds.

Effects: Damaging for 5 seconds in 5.5 tile radius

“Factor of four” really just means +150 attack.

Helm of Exalted Might

A helm forged in the deepest depths of Oryx’s realm. Those who wear it are said to feel a dark power coursing through their veins.

Battle Cry: 25% chance to deal a burst of 1000 damage to enemies within 5 sqrs on ability use.

MP: 95

Effects: Berserk for 5.5 seconds in a 5 tile radius, +30 DEX for 3 seconds and -15 ATT for 6 seconds on self

Stats: +10 DEF

Cooldown: 6.5 seconds

FP: 850

Brutal Bastion (Shield)

Pure damage shield, no debuff.

Proc Name: When HP above 700, shoots additional radial projectiles with a longer range.

Damage: 350-450

Shots: 8 (arc gap 7)

Shot Stats: 4 tile range, Pierces and Passes Cover

Stats: +40 HP, +4 ATT, +10 DEF

The proc has 12 shots (arc gap 30, omg a circle) with a range of 3.25 tiles.

Mad Javelin (Quiver)

It’s a Javelin, single shot, raw damage, no debuff. Cooldown and self-boost to make it different from a stock star.

High Focus: Increases Attack by 5 when used

Mental Click: 33% Chance of Increasing Attack by a further 15

Attack Boost Duration: 3 Seconds

MP: 150

Shot Stats: 800-1300 damage, 15 range, Pierces and Passes Cover

Stats: +10 ATT, -3 DEX

Increases attack by 5 for 2 seconds btw, same for the proc. The proc is kinda fucked but the description should be what’s correct.

Tyrant’s Toxin (Poison)

When Oryx’s Alchemist was ordered to brew a powerful poison, the result was rather explosive.

Inital poison bomb creates 3 cluster bombs 1.5 tiles from its center.

Cluster bomb damage: 550

Cluster bomb radius: 2.5

Oryx Giveth: 33% chance to restore 50 MP.

Oryx Taketh: 33% chance to decrease Spd by 20 for 5 seconds.

MP: 150

Poison: 250 damage over 2 seconds (500 impact damage) in a 3 tile radius, Slowed for 2 seconds

Stats: +3 DEF, +3 ATT, -5 WIS

FP: 850

Throw time is 1.2 seconds for all.

Enchanted Keys

expect events for the following dungeons since they got added

• Snake Pit
  • Shaitan
  • Encore
  • Reef
  • Thicket
  • Shatters (wow!!)

Chief Beisa and Agent of Oryx Items [Exalt Blog]

Wow looks really interesting. Cool Items! I’ll read the post later today.

Cool effects and all, but… abilities that rely on RNG to be useful?
DECA, you should really consider replacing this bullshit, NO ONE asked for this, it will do NO good, this might just be the worst idea you’ve ever had.

On a more specific note, that skull is really underpowered, even without the RNG reliance, and that seal only giving the +150 attack for 0.4 seconds means it’s actually quite far from worth the MP cost. The banner is just a worse version of helms and other slowing abilities and should have a unique effect instead.

Default comment of some of them sound interesting ideas, though again a shame to burn up some concepts on this (eg. javelin) instead of making them the basis for an entire class/weapon type, and many of them involve extra sprites and more on-screen mess/clutter.

And big dislike to giving assassin a slowing poison. It’s not a good thing for every class to be able to do everything, like we should be emphasising the differences not letting every class do speedy/slow/armourbreak/etc. smushing them all into one do-everything character lessens the point of having classes.

Farming: trying to get all 16, if it’s the same as the Oryx and Doorwarden tokens (click the stack to hatch the item at random), relying on RNG is going to be very annoying, like it was to get the April Fool abilities, so a bit of a plea to make it Exchange a Stack at the Tinkerer instead. Or some way to exchange duplicates, like a Tinkerer quest to hand in any of the 16 abilities and receive another stack back, to rehatch.

For reference, it took me over 50 white bags to get all 15 Mistake abilities and I heard many worse stories from others, 50+ hatch attempts would be 750+ tokens needed. So I mean if that’s feasible because they’re in many drop locations letting us achieve it without chain dungeons, then okay that works too. But it does leave a bad taste to have to repeatedly see duplicates when you only want the one most prized to you.

Edit: sounds like they do intend alternate methods of earning them:

Thank the Mad God!

Im assuming bard?

I think the problem is whether the UTs should be unquestionably better in every way or not.

Many people argue UTs should be swap out items that have niche uses. Then items like the crown came along and were essentially superior in every single way. Heck, we’re still waiting for tiered bows to have general use.

The problem with making niche UTs, however, is that people really start to look at the risk/reward category much more.

Those UTs might be cool but I’m not risking life and limb to obtain them.

And I think it’s fine that they are continuing to make a full oryx gear set. But I know for sure that having a full agents of oryx st set comprised of rng itms that require multiple events to obtain isn’t really healthy for a permadeath game at all.

Some major tears are going to be shed when a full oryx st set dies.

Limited edition and permadeath just don’t mix. At least the alien sets and previous sets could all be obtained through 1 single event.

It would be cool if they shifted away from overt RNG towards something like “procs on every x ability uses”. When combined with the cooldowns of the abilities, clear windows of power can be defined (as opposed to random chance which can be frustrating). Skilled players might even be incentivized to learn how to time the procs to be ready for certain boss phases, increasing player agency while still limiting the power of the item.

honestly, the fact that deca released items with secondary effects not long after a certain rotmg private server got shut down just makes me think they got that idea from them

personally, while i like the ideas, i think they are getting kinda old now. many of the new items since motmg last year(more or less) have these secondary effects, so i feel like they are overusing them

No that’s a quiver

I felt the same way as I read through all these.

can we just take a second to appreciate this amazing sprite

Lag time

Trash, maybe I’d use it at the Corrupted Phantom. Even then, just for the novelty lol. Could work well with Necronomicon to enhance the dps even more, but that’s a tiny niche.

Cool, might be usable in tomb

Hmm, could be fun to swap this out with mist

Woland go brrrrr

Decent on sammy.

nerf when

yes, yes i need to buy snake pit keys now

I can forsee people having guild shaitan chest events.
didn’t read all the abilities ok.

The low hp requirement to trigger an effect is just awful.

If I fall to 300 hp I nexus or death happens in the next 0.5 seconds.

Also, Deca has been on a mad quest make weapons deal more damage, but they seem to have no interest at all in making enhanced survival items.

I think the parrots have made this issue extremely clear. Can we get an option to remove these secondary effects too?

The alien armours do have a survival effect of invulnerable, but still it’s similar to what you describe, the situation to trigger it is very low: requires taking damage when below 75 HP to trigger, but if the inbound damage is fatal it doesn’t prevent death. Feels lawyerly like “aha you didn’t read ths small print”. Nicer/simpler would be if it triggered invuln when your HP drops below a trigger point.

The concept of Necro “reviving” the dead to fight is something I’ve put in the back of my head for a quite a while, considering no one except newer players use him as he is a weaker wizard and priest. Like Nevov said, making all classes unique and viable should be the goal.

all i can think is that the cloak is a recolor of the Cloak of Refraction

=( this is so lame. i would rather them be a 100% chance with 50% less damage. especially since the skull costs a bleeding 110MP and DOESN’T heal

I am pretty sure the skull itself heals, just not the demon minion

it literally says “does not heal”

It looks like it does a bit of dmg as well, so you won’t be wasting your mp for nothing.

As the does not heal is below Dark Ritual though, it may just refer to the demon minion rather than the skull, that is what I was saying, but maybe I’m just being dumb idk.