[Spoilers] Easter Stuff and Endless Torment Buff

they aren’t final sure, but the vast majority (like 95% lol) of things put on testing are added to prod. the one i leek anyway

these discussions are effectively feedback before it comes out, albeit not as good since numbers vs. actual use is always difficult for people.

I kinda wish they weren’t because as soon as the masses catch whiff of any meaningful progress they throw a fit and deca chickens out yet again. they have a hard enough time actually getting projects to the finish line without getting tripped up on unsolicited feedback from people who care more about keeping their op warrior intact than they do about game balance.

so it sounds like a deca problem and literally nothing else

By itself, the idea to give bonus effects to Skulls based on how many enemies you can hit at once with them is interesting.

Getting 3 targets at once with one ET use isn’t that difficult. Let’s list the possibilities:

-Tomb (mostly against bosses, but could sometimes work during rushing)

-Cdepths (as long as you have small eggs in the vicinity)

-Shatters (mostly 3rd boss)

-Godlands (extremely situational, but it’s doable)

-LoD (except Ivory)

-Shaitan, ironically enough (especially if they add more status effects)

-Cnidarian Reef (extremely easy)

-Oryx Castle (also O1 minion-spawning phases)

-Wine Cellar (both the rush and the beginning of the fight)

-UDL (mostly in case you get Slowed by Vampires)

-Manor (might fuck up your Confuse controls though, and Bleeding isn’t that dangerous)

-OT (ganked by ponies? skull the seahorses)

-Sewers

-Most realm events (especially useful in case of Urgle)

and probably more but I can’t be bothered.

As you can see, it’s not exactly the most situational, niche usage ever.

The main problems with this change are, in my opinion:

-much harder to use as a group puri than a selfish puri

-unreliable, not as consistent at saving your ass from sudden Paralyze instakill shenanigans and the like (especially against enemies with temporary Invulnerability and enemies with erratic movement patterns)

-not a good fit for ET: might be better to give it an effect that puts even more emphasis on damage and reserve the puri effect for a more defensive Skull.

I see 3 parts to the “deca can’t make substantial progress” problem:

1. deca struggling to follow through with stuff all the way to the end
  2. spoiled community not liking major changes even when they’re sorely needed
  3. niegil giving that community information they aren’t supposed to have

the 3 parts aren’t always equal, sometimes one of them is a bigger deal than the others.

If I don’t get the bunny helm I will be big sad

Yeah

If I can get a bunny helm and I toss out the ggen because bunny+jugg is more epic than ggen+jugg

More aesthetic too

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.