[Spoilers] Samurai and MotMG Items

Any of this info can still change, just that there’s no more placeholders

Samurai

It’s basically finished, Wakizashi was picked over Sheaths. The tiers are all the same as they were on public testing, but there’s 2 UT Wakis, and an ST samurai being made.

Samurai Skin

Waki Sprites

Damage Shots Exposed MP
Simple 150-250 2 - 40
Steel 250-350 2 - 50
Crimson 200-300 3 - 60
Enforced 300-400 3 1.0 65
Turquoise 250-350 4 2.0 70
Jade-Imbued 380-480 4 3.0 80
Royal 400-500 4 3.5 80

Names are that just with Wakizashi added at the end. All have 4.8 max range, and t6 has the op +2 vit and wis. All of them also pass through obstacles, including all the wakis below.

Now the UTs

Wakizashi of Eastern Winds

Damage: 400-500

Shots: 3

Exposed: 3.5 sec

Stats: +5 SPD

Range: Always 4.4

MP: 80

I’m not 100% sure about this, but everything points to the shots coming from the right instead of the left, and also at the same range

Wakizashi of Crossing Fires

Shots: 2 + 2

Range: 4.8 max

The catch with this one is that the 2 shots of 2 come from both sides, basically a pinch

Samurai ST

Currently, these

are the sprites, but there is also new sprites

that could be used. Equips unnamed, set is called Akuma Slayer Set. They’re testing 2 wakis.

Katana

Shots: 2

Damage: 100-120

Fire Rate: 80%

Range: 4.5

Amplitude: 0.4

Frequency: 0.5

Effects: Piercing, Passes Cover

FP: 500

Fame: 4%

how it shoots

XML if you wanna play around in Pfiffel: https://hastebin.com/jazuloceqi.xml

Wakizashi1

Stats: +2 ATT

Range: 4.8 max

Mostly the same as the 2nd UT, but with a range of ranges instead of one set range.

Wakizashi2**

Damage: 133-288

Shots: 4 + 4

Stats: +2 ATT

Range: always 3

MP: 85

Effects: Armor Pierce

Armor piercing is cool, but it also comes in from much further away.

Armor**

Stats: +14 DEF, +60 HP, +6 DEX, -6 SPD

FP: 600

Ring**

Stats: +30 HP, +40 MP, +5 DEF, -7 SPD

Set Bonus

+115 HP, +7 ATT, +10 DEF, +19 SPD

Admin Vanity Weapons

Similar to Battle for the Nexus, there’s 3 Admin related vanity weapons). Stats don’t really matter too much since they’re vanities(and I’m lazy), so I’ll just link the XML

Sprites

Random Spell Extraction Device (spell)

This strange weapon sometimes affect the size of surrounding creatures.

https://hastebin.com/otatayexuc.xml

Kratana (katana) (woa really)

Omae wa…

https://hastebin.com/amaxetahuw.xml

Silex’s Hammer (sword)

When you have this hammer, you don’t need a reason to use it.

https://hastebin.com/asolelocol.xml

MotMG UTs

There’s 3 UTs currently, a spell, a cloak and a shield. These are the sprites

Spell: Jade Storm

“I’m gonna destroy everything! This place in particular.” -Inventor of this spell.

Shots: 5

Damage: 475-900

Range: 6 tiles

Effects: Piercing, Passes Cover

MP: 175

FP: 900

Fame: 6%

Cloak of the Mad God

Mad Cloak for mad skills.

MP: 95

Effects: Invis for 3 seconds, Stun enemies for 4 seconds in a 1.75 tile range around you

Cooldown: 6 4 sec*

Shield of flowing Clarity (no, the f isn’t capital, pls fix)

This shield was designed to give knights more time to think about their next moves in battle.

Damage: 75-175

Range: 3.2

Effects: Slowed for 4 seconds

Stats: +16 DEF

MP: 100

Shots/Width: 5

Cooldown: 10 1.5 sec*

Skins

Can’t be an update without skins, and I don’t know what the last skin leaked was so I may have gone too far up.

Sprites

Edit*: cooldowns were lowered

Edit**: ST stuff

7/30 update

all this can still change btw, even though update should be tomorrow so the new calendar can have motmg shit

Samurai gets unlocked by Knight and Ninja, instead of Warrior and Ninja, good job this post https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/92t4mg/unlocking_samurai/

Tiered wakis had a max range of 4.8, currently they have no max range, which just seems to be a test since UTs still have a max, or they just haven’t removed UT ranges yet

UTs got change quite a bit

Wakizashi of Eastern Winds

XML because im probaby missing some stuff https://hastebin.com/heyomugana.xml

Damage: 260-490

Shots: 5

Exposed: 4.5 sec

Range: 4.6 max

Amplitude: 0.42

Stats: +5 SPD, +3 DEX

Wakizashi of Crossing Fires

https://hastebin.com/wamoqizazu.xml

Damage: 480-600

Exposed: 3 sec

Range: 4 max

Stats: +4 ATT, +2 VIT

MP: 100

Spell: Jade Storm -> Jade Storm

nothing much actually changed, just posOffset went from 6 to 3.5. also description

A grand scroll capable of summoning sharpened emerald shards, slicing through even the most durable opponent.

Cloak of the Mad God

MP: 125

Effects: Invisible for 3.5 sec, Armored for 6 sec

Cooldown: 6.5 sec

Shield of Flowing Clarity (name got fixed yay)

This shimmering shield allows knights to enhance their concentration on targets, giving them more time to think about their next move in battle.

Damage: 90-210

Range: 3.2

Effects: Slowed for 4 seconds

Stats: +16 DEF

Shots/Width: 5

Cooldown: 0.5 sec (none)

There was also a version that also stunned for 3 seconds while also slowing, but that got removed

misc changes

Slime, stone, and kingdom skins are part of a collection now, so is the summer solstice set

stone skins fp are 1000 from 200

slime skins drop from moss bags

shaitans seems to be getting hp scaling

Edit: almost forgot about the most important part of the update, skins

skins

16x16 pets

8x8 pets

yes that’s groot

some more updates

cloak armored is for 5 seconds instead of 6

shield damage is 150-330 from 90-210, now pierces and passes cover, and gives 17 def

Graves will also have moss on them

Samurai Sprite
Samurai Sprite

Does it have a low firerate or is it really that broken?

Samurai looks pretty boring.

right?

80% fire rate

This all seems pretty lackluster. With all the creativity of the forums and reddit (ha) on their side, they managed to make something that’s completely underwhelming. Kinda sucks, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Why would someone choose the ut waki that comes from the right over the t6 waki? Does the direction have that big of an affect since its the same range?

It also always comes out at a range of 4.4, with no possible influence on that.

To be honest, I don’t like that the UTs and T6 all share the same damage range.
Maybe give that Eastern Wind some sorta many-shots-low-damage treatment, and make the Crossing Fires have either a higher damage range or straight up slightly more damage.
Crab/Lobster reskin of it when

I highly doubt anyone will use that shield other than for its stat bonus. Mp cost is way to high, i think it should be something like 80 or maybe even less. Honestly does there even need to be a cooldown? Theres no point in chain slowing most enemies as a knight and the damage is nearly negligible.

Unpopular opinion: I actually liked the placeholder sprite better.

Never knew he was a samurai. :0

Allow me to be an anal-retentive S.O.B.
Here’s a critical demonstration of what I feel is done wrong with the proposed classic sprite.

And now, I propose a fix to it that solves my petty gripes.

You’re welcome?

The Hermit wizard skin looks pretty derpy. I love it! :stuck_out_tongue:

So there will be new stone, slime, animal, halloween, etc samurai skins?

First off, why is the samurai still wearing a heavy armor if the waki was chosen, heavy armors were a balancing feature for the sheaths.

Second, as much as I love complex and well shaded sprites these are truthfully clusterfucky, specially the ST ones. And for God’s sake stop making rings the size of football fields you are close to filling the entire 8x8 grid, at this rate we will be having 16x16 rings.

Third, I’m assuming the 3 UTs are for the new jungle dungeon, I think they missed a good opportunity to make it drop 3 ut armors instead but I guess thats fine, at least the spell and shield look good and lets say the cloak is acceptable.

To acknowledge your first statement, the heavy armor probably has nothing to do with the class’s ability. The class loses several stats to gain heavy armor, and a paltry +5 ATT compensates for the loss of 5 DEX caused by the swap from Hydra to Acrop. The net result is much lower DPS than Ninja, and the wakizashi will only commit so much to compensate for the loss of DPS.

In terms of pure numbers, however, a Wakizashi has the potential to deal more damage than a Shuriken, as a T6 will deal between 1600-2000 base damage compared to the Doom Circle’s 850-950.
However, to balance this, it has a greatly decreased range - only 32% that of a Star (excluding Wind Circle).

Also, if the stats are still the same as they were - 75 attack, 50 dex - this’d be the DPS graph comparing Samurai to Ninja:

I feel like samurai is probably going to have the worse base stats in the game since they gave him not only the strongest weapon type but the strongest armor type as well, and then threw possibly the strongest ranged ability in the game on him too for good measure.

I don’t know man, the Waki just seems so boring compared to the Sheathe. It’s like they saw all those different Samurai class idea posts from years back talking about Sheathes and decided that the had to do something different from that.

My idea for the Samurai was it having a defensive ability, not a damage-dealing one.

i immediately recognized my skin, so Chonmage Samurai skin huh?