[Spoilers] Tiered Swords Nerf, Tiered Daggers and Katana Buff and then some stuff

I meant in relation to the UTs that are not getting nerfed

Wow I can’t believe they nerfed swords, that’s stupid…

I think this is the best thing for melees actually.

Listen, Knights, Warriors and Paladins are just too good. This cannot be argued. The amount of utility and damage they bring is far worth more than their loss of range. They were going to be nerfed SOME WAY or another.

The fact of the matter is that they lose some damage. Boo hoo, melees deal buttfuck tons of damage anyways and can reach Soulbound with their eyes closed. If anything, I’d prefer the damage loss for the Projectile Speed increase. People need to realize DPS isn’t that important in this game as most think in 99% of situations (the 1% is speedruns and solos/duos).

Average: 142.5

Average: 140

:thinking:

BMJ was a fool! Mithril dagger shall reign Supreme!

Mithril dagger is t7 tho.

h e c c
time to crawl into my sadness hole

So it’s like they started to balance swords but it scared them so they knee-jerk-over-nerfed then reflexively reverted to buff buff buff stuff then Niegel found them staring blankly at the testing console with a shaking hand hovering over the mouse and their mouth hanging open.

I do think this stuff could be better balanced but at first glance the numbers look too extreme. And obviously it’s unfinished.

I’m down for these changes as long as they buff spirit to keep it in line with t12 daggers as well.

Note:All chars are at 50/50 att dex

I think it is too drastic of a buff for katanas, but whatever.

Changing things like these seems somewhat pointless when there are bigger problems to address in the game, none of it seems very radical, and likely won’t make the game better or worse, just slightly different.

I wonder if it might not be a better approach to alter the weapontypes one at a time rather than en mass, so we can get a better idea of how each change works for game balance. But Deca’s style does seem to be infrequent large updates rather than piecemeal so it’s par for the course.

why tf are all the chars at 50/50 but some have armors that buff stats? lmao

The ones with armors have their buffed stats (54/50 for robes for ex.)

oh ok

This, it isn’t even a big nerf, I’d rather have their abilities or stats nerfed slightly if they want an actual nerf, melees are still very viable.

Its like what? A 10% dmg reduction more or less? Pretty substantial to me.

It’s a substantial damage nerf, yes, but that doesn’t really mean anything.

You’ll still reach soulbound, you’ll still melt shit within seconds, and a large majority of the swords used for maximizing DPS anyways are UT swords.

The only thing this does is make the Tiered swords more viable, because you actually have something over the UT swords: more control. It feels like shit to try to hit a fast enemy because your bullets move slow as fuck.

But with this, you don’t always have to switch to a UT sword, just 'cus it’s more damage. You can stick to tiered because it feels better to use, and since there are so many god tier UT swords anyways, this change actually affects newer players/those without many UT’s way more… but in a good way. The noobs get their hits in easier, yet deal slightly less damage, so it’ll be easily to move onto the stronger swords (since your DPS will only go up).

i guess this goes here

Do you like the planned sword nerf?

:crab: Tiered sword is :crab:

:crab: GETTING NERF :crab:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.