[Spoilers] UT Exchange Information and more

by the gods, if the damn dungeon wont drop me the tail, i’ll just do it myself.

Only if “popular” means having so small a player base that they cannot pay for decent servers or dedicated support, never have a sustainable business model, so inevitably go offline when the person running them gets fed up subsidising/maintaining them.

pRetty sure he’s referring tO thaT pserver F

What’s missing from the list we see here:

• All Parasite Chambers UTs
  • All MWoods UTs
  • The new wand UT (Soul’s Guidance) from Cem
  • Celestial Blade from LoD
  • Cloak of Refraction from Crystal Cavern
  • all 3 bee quivers
  • the 3 beehemoth armors
  • Necronomicon from Cursed Library
  • Vile Trap
  • Wakizashi of Crossing Fires from Shaitans
  • Snakeskin Shield and Armor from Snake Pit
  • Captain’s Ring from Davy’s
  • Amulet of Resurrection Dispersion
  • Beer God UTs xd (I assume they still drop in-game if you’re lucky enough to encounter one)
  • All Alien Gear UTs
  • All MGM UTs (on second thought these aren’t generally obtainable all year round other than from MGM keys, so they would count as limited)
  • Machine UTs (perhaps understandable?)

Some of these are likely intentionally left out but I don’t think all of these are intentionally left out.

I only have one major nitpick for the list and one minor nitpick, I think the rest is understandable:

• I don’t know why ctrap is in uncommon while cbow is in rare. They drop from the same dungeon at seemingly either similar rates, or even weighted towards the cbow (I have gotten 13 cbows total in my lifetime of playing Realm and 3 ctraps). Cbow is useful, but there are a lot of other useful (IMO) weapon items in uncommon (cutlass, spirit dagger), it’s not as useful as an item like puri, it doesn’t drop from a rarer or more time-consuming dungeon like the court dungeons or LoD/Tomb, and ctrap itself is arguably an incredibly useful utility for a huntress.
  • Scutum is insanely rare to obtain but for some reason it’s in uncommon. Perhaps you could make an argument that it might be nice to have at least something worth grinding uncommon UTs for but I think there’s already a bunch of stuff people might need individually in there. It makes some sense once IC/OOC changes roll around because then Scutum sinks into poo but as it is now there’s still some utility/good reason to use it (slightly longer range stun, plus costs less to keep something permastunned)

Also, I must express concern that this list may be put on the backburner during future updates and/or not be adjusted alongside buffs or nerfs to items. Inherently with such a list there’s always a risk of forgetting it exists when updating something else, but I think it would be nice and provide a more cohesive feeling to the game if it is updated fairly promptly alongside major buffs/nerfs that would make an item’s tier placing in this list make less sense. I worry as not only has Deca forgotten to update small details in the past, but also it’s just something very easy for anyone to miss or forget about, not just Deca.

As someone who’s seen hundreds of those rings, it is not in fact, harder.

Time is not a factor in difficulty in this case. The Snake Pit will not kill a maxed character even if you were inebriated, the exception to this would be sitting on Stheno. The Lost Halls on the other hand, can easily kill a maxed character, even if you were hyper focused on purely dodging.

Considering it can take an average of 90 seconds to complete a snake pit, and the ring has a 8.33_% chance of dropping, you should get one every 1 in 12 runs. Of course, standard deviation comes into play, especially when I’m about to multiply by 1000.

If you dedicate 1,080,000 seconds of your life to purely running snake pits (time finding the snake pits not included), or 300 hours (12.5 days), you should be able to farm 1,000 rings. However, this is a ludicrous amount of snake pits, about 12,000. That’s equivalent to doing 9 snake pits every day for 1,333 days, or 3.62 years.

Even myself, who’s run thousands of snake pits without a bulwark (2000>X>3000), could never aspire to such levels of snake pittery.

I’m going to turn all my whites into bulwarks, and then, after a decade of playing this game, I can finally die happily.

At face value this violates the KISS rule and just doesn’t look good.

Honestly it looks like the system is going to be so convoluted it won’t be worth using.

As it currently stands it looks like we’re going to need to purchase a bunch of “Fusion Shards” to break down a bunch of gemstones to make 1 single crown.

And you’re also going to have to look at the guide every time to make sure you’re breaking down the right UT.

im lazy but there’s some info

Where did you find that info on update the 4th + what event it will be? Is this just a guess?

in niegil spoilers, you can read :

From the community update, the only tease they say is

So again, where can you find anything on an update the 4th, or about those 3 dungeons?

can finna trade my ugly ass cbow for a tshot

I’m disappointed if my snake pit ever takes a minute, and usually do them in 30-45s, so I’d say to halve the time estimates, although of course as you say there’s the finding time to add on.

In any case, ‘years’ is a very unreasonable timescale for loot, and that’s what we currently have for a lot of items, or we have to do binge-farming of chests/special events. So anything that makes the game more appealing for the day-to-day player is a good idea to do. IMO any scheme that works on the principle of turning in unneeded/spare items into desired ones, is worth pursuing, to make the game less of a one track grind. This is fundamentally what free trading (unsoulbound) was, albeit far simpler.

never mind, I read it wrong. I thought you said unsoulbound was far simpler then this. nvm, sry for wasting your time

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.