Spooktober Preparations

Why, hello there!

Today we only have a small patch. But not to worry, this is just preparation for the upcoming big one! It will get spooky…

Patch Notes

Necromancer ST

• The Necromancer has a new extra spooky Set: the Hollow King! Credit goes to @Atrapper for the design and @Dappertron for the sprites.
  • You can get two of the pieces from Ghost Kings in the Realm and the other two from Septavius in the Undead Lair.

Vault Enhancement

• 100 Chests (+20)
  • 30 Gift Chests (+10)
  • And don’t worry, we made sure not to mess with the existing unlock order this time!

I bet it’s soulbound.

Ghost King events will be streamrolled. You can now rarely ever solo an udl in October.

In the wise words of Atrapper “I rate 10/31.

necro “huh”

Will the ST necromancer set be in the game Forever?

Nice :slight_smile: Finally an update :slight_smile: 4 hours before this, I said : “They will do than Ghost King drops ST items, or nobody will do them” I was true :smiley:

For anyone wondering about the stats, here you go

#Hollow King ST Set

Edictum Praetoris (Staff)

Description: My staff led me to a strange arena, which seemed to have a dark aura about it.

Damage: 40-105

Shots: 3

Arc Gap: 3

Range: 8.55

Frequency: 1

Amplitude: 0.3

Rate of Fire: 0.75

Fame Bonus: 5%

Feed Power: 700

Memento Mori (Skull)

Description: I found a great spectre floating above me. He reached out and granted me his cranium.

MP: 120

Damage: 400

Radius: 3.5

Armor Pierce: 400

Effect on self: Damaging (Don’t know how much exact time because wis mod)

Stat Bonuses: +5 VIT

Fame Bonus: 6%

Feed Power: 900

Toga Picta (Robe)

Description: His gift was gracious, but I would not dabble in spirits. He challenged me to a duel.

Stat Bonuses: +8 ATT, +13 DEF, +4 VIT, -3 DEX, +35 MP

Fame Bonus: 4%

Feed Power: 600

Interregnum (Ring)

Description: Our fight was glorious, but in the end, I fell in battle and joined him in undeath.

Stat Bonuses: +75 HP, +5 ATT, +5 VIT

Fame Bonus: 4%

Feed Power: 650

Full Set Bonus: +25 HP, +30 MP, +4 DEF, +5 DEX, +6 VIT, +7 ATT

cant see image :confused:

IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME THE GHOST KING GETS A DROP WORTH TALKING ABOUT!!! It’s just a shame it took so long.

Holy shit I love the sprite!

Wait, this set is actually decent… hell yeah!

too bad its SB, rip

Is that an offense-oriented necro set? By @Atrapper? I wonder where he could possibly gotten the idea from.

Does that mean they drop from the Ghost King himself? Nothing drops from the Ghost Archers he spawns?

cant wait to see the 8x8 mini hallow necro skin :3

First time ever seeing a deca developer actually post on realmeye forum , normally it’s just a cross post.

Ye be spooked! I hope to see you guys grinding out UDL’s and Ghost Kings for the set!

The set was the first thing I worked on with the UGC, despite it releasing after the Nest’s ST set. It went through numerous forms, both aesthetically and functionally, but I ended up settling on a ghostly theme.

However, the set wouldn’t be nearly as great without Dappertron, who is responsible for the art of it, including that amazing set skin! He also helped me with the names of the items. It’s as much his work as it is mine.

So, in summary, I’m incredibly glad to see this set released. It was amazing to work on it, and I got some great practice with XML in doing so. I can’t wait to continue working on content for RotMG with the UGC!

I actually started work on the set in late May/early June, and it was just finalized recently. The Soulsteel set was simply coincidentally themed similarly.

The Ghost King drops it himself. See @Toastrz’s Reddit comment for a more in-depth answer.

I just got to 1 less then max vaults. Fuck

rip my plans to actually do my homework

Does that mean it hasnt got a heal or that it heals 400?

Seems like the most useful st set so far.

No heal at all

Dear Deca,
To get special drops from Lich (mystic ST items): need to buff lich
To get special drops from Ent (QoT): need to buff ent
To get special drops from GK… [do you see what pattern needed to be followed?]

Because what you’ve created with it being just on the GK is:

nobody wants to miss SB because whoever goes to shoot the activating ghost risks missing out, so this is what we get.

All that was needed was to put _some_thing on the minions (ring?), and there would be no problems.