ST set idea: Executioner Warrior

I’m back! After a long hiatus, I am back to creating more ST sets. Enjoy!

Axe of Rage

A bearded axe manifesting from pure malevolence, eager to kill.

Stats:

• Tier: ST

• Damage: 300-350

• RoF: 66%

• Projectile speed: 20 tps

• Range: 3.2 tiles

• Stat Bonus: +25 HP

• Special properties: Shots ignore defense of target

• Fame Bonus: 4%

• Feed Power: 650

Executioner’s Cowl

This cloth was once black. Not anymore.

Stats:

• Tier: ST
  • MP Cost: 80
  • Cooldown: 6 seconds.
  • Effect: Speedy to self for 5 seconds and +100 ATK to self for 4 seconds.
  • Stat Bonus: +5 ATK
  • Feed Power: 700

Slayer’s Breastplate

Change follows wherever this breastplate goes. Change in attitude, change in population.

Stats:

• Stat Bonus: +20 DEF, +3 ATK
  • Feed Power: 650

The Crown of Thorns

This is not a ring you wear to magically empower yourself. Those who wear it do so to harm and injure themselves, enduring it to become stronger.

Stats:

• Stat Bonus: -50 HP, +20 DEF, +5 ATK.
  • Feed Power: 500

• Set Bonus:
    +100 HP, +5 ATK, +8 DEF

Changelog

• Slight nerfs to some stats and reworked the helm.
  • Buff to stats

Tell me what you think!

Or check out my other sets:

Cowl looks a bit plain but the other sprites are amazing!

I’ll edit it a bit, so it stands out more :grin:

Way too overpowered.

The ring alone almost gives as much defense as Acropolis Armour for a measly 50 HP decrease. +50 Attack on a helm is also way too powerful, the bloody surprises cloak only gives 20 and that has serious drawbacks, this has none. And the sword does insane damage and ignores defense. Only the armour seems balanced.

You need to seriously reduce the stat increases on these things :sweat_smile:

The sword has a 0.3 reduced range and a 66% firing speed. Acclaim has higher DPS than it up to 50~ DEF. The ring also has to compete with UBHP and Decades, granting 230/240 less HP in return for 20 DEF. Also you know warrior’s helmet grants Berserk, right? Rogue’s cloak does not grant Berserk.

Add the set bonuses on the ring though, and thats +50 hp, +8 attack, +30 def. Still think thats not OP?

To contrast to some of other posts here, I think this set is actually too weak.
With all the items together, an 8/8 Warrior would have 795 HP, 88 ATT, 75 DEX, and 73 DEF (these are the 4 main stats I’ll look at). It’s obviously a DPS based set, so I’ll compare it to both a normal warrior set and another DPS based warrior set.

WC Tops (w/Decades): 960 HP, 75 ATT, 75 DEX, 59 DEF. Some could argue the ST Set’s DEF makes up for the lack of HP compared to this set, I’d rather have 960 HP w/59 DEF than 795 HP w/73 DEF. At that point, the other set just does more damage, which is kinda the point, so its definitely balanced.

Crown, Mercy’s Bane, Helm doesn’t matter(I chose GGen): 880 HP, 88 ATT, 88 DEX, 45 DEF. First of all, the ST Set is blown out of the water compared to this set’s DPS (like, it’s an additional 13 DEX), and this set even has more HP, the only downside is you’re missing 28 entire DEF. I’d definitely want 28 DEF over 85 HP, but this set is extremely focused on DPS, so of course it’s gonna be less tanky.

The whole point of an ST Set is to NOT be situational, it should have everything you want, so you can always use the set, with the only reason not using it, be either preference, or cus you wanna flex some other items (Jugg, for example, because of its unique effect). I think that the set that best compares to this ST Set would be the following:

Crown, Dominion, GGen: 880 HP, 81 ATT, 81 DEX, 60 DEF. The 6 ATT and 6 DEX is actually a bit better for the Warrior than 13 ATT, so it already beats it in terms of DPS. The survivability is, almost unarguably, better with the ST Set (13 DEF > 85 HP), meaning, purely based on stats, it barely beats this set, and if you were to use Breastplate then, it’d be 245 HP v.s 25 DEF, which IMO, 10 HP = 1 DEF, making it super balanced, albeit, still slightly better, and it should be. ST Items should be amazing in conjunction, but the lack of being used together makes them shitty items on their own (except a few items that are unbalanced IMO, like Soulless).

So we move onto the graphs, to see the actual DPS of both of these sets.

So, the sword has LESS Range, and LESS DPS than a Splendor up until 90 DEF, so it’s basically shittier in every aspect except against maybe the 4 tankiest enemies in the game.

Now, let’s take a look at them both, with their helmets activated:

And would you look at that, despite all the complaining you people do, the set has SIGNIFICANTLY less DPS, and is equal in survivability, more or less. Hell, I changed the set, and guess what:

It’s not even that much better than the goddamn WC Tops Set, which it should totally be, considering it’s an ST Set! Clearly, even if you went with a survivability based warrior, you beat out the DPS of the ST Set, until 30 DEF atleast.

So, with my unreasonable amount of time spent on this, I can safely conclude: the Set is actually too weak for what it’s good at: Make the Helm’s Buff give WAY more ATT, I’d prefer it if the base DPS of the set gets beat out really bad by the base DPS of a tradtional set, but when buffed it beats out the DPS of a traditional set significantly, so using your ability is more useful, and you can’t just spam it whenever (which brings up another point, the helm costs more MP, so your overall DPS, including Buff time, is even shittier).

(Thank you for this)

The contrast is an eyesore, I see you are going for a de-saturated color scheme, but the red-orange color stands out too much. Try keeping the saturation consistent. Other than that that good job on the 16x16 sprite.

solution : lower drop rate and end game boss only

uhhh?

this is a troll post i hope?

if note, ring and helmet are insanely op. like +100 atk is literally insane. Like why in the world would we use ggen (unless group) if we had this?

thats not the point, this gives way more than berserk would with no draw backs, but even giving like 20 is overpowered due to the ability to stack with dmging and berserk buffs.

you never want to be like the geb ring and make a ring completely obsolete, i mean 20def i may say is not worth it for pretty much a 240hp reduction if u use deca, but in glands and other such places it OP. Also note your robe classes pretty much transforms into melee.

axe of rage sounds wierd, maybe like axe of rageful revegance, or axe of rageful ___

sprites are ok
ring name could use a fix, why is it a crown of thorns, i see how its a crown, but it makes me think of an actualy crown. i mean i guess its fine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.