Stack Shots

I find stack shots pretty unfair, really. A lot of people say it’s a shot from when multiple enemies are on top of each other and shoot your way. But how come, I was in a crawling depths, I got one shotted from a crawling gray spotted spider. I was at full health, and one shot and I died. This is really unfair because I had just gotten my first coral bow that day and bow of the morning star the day before. It all ends from a stack shot, that doesn’t seem fair. Do you think i should get a revive? I personally think I do because I died from a glitch.

I doubt that and no you wont be revived.

Please see this topic:

Stacked shots are unfair, but they are currently part of the game so you just gotta learn when they’re stacked.

That being said…I never knew that Crawling Grey Spotted Spiders stacked shots. I knew the Crawling Spider Hatchlings stacked when you first break their eggs, but not the the grey guys.

It must have been lag if you were actually at full health. I checked your graveyard and saw you had 39 def with 612 HP, each shot from the spider does 150-39=111, 612/111=5.5 which means there had to be at least 5 spiders in one spot for the shot to kill you. So it was probably lag.

Most stacked shots in the game are caused by one of three things:

-lots of enemies spawning from the same spot and shooting as soon as they spawn (the Forgotten King’s Royal Guardians, the Larvae in Woodland Labyrinth);

-an enemy got Stunned or Paralyzed, “stored” its shots and then released all of them at once when the effect wore off (Stone Mage and Ice Adept in Shatters);

-you were lagging.

In your case, it was either lagging or you got really unlucky and got targeted by several Spiders at once.

The glitch didn’t make the projectiles invisible or insanely fast. You either decided to tank an Armor Break shot in a dungeon where being Armor Broken is basically a death sentence, or didn’t have the skill to dodge it.

What happened was this:
You were armor broken by a spotted grey spider then got hit by stacked shots from the blue hatchlings. The grey spider finished you off. The hatchlings always shoot stacked shots when they spawn, and that combo is one of the most common ways to die in a cdepths

To be honest, I think stacked shots are the only way of truly dodging. Even pets can’t heal you that fast, so dodging truly matters in shatters, and cdepths.

So by your logic it’s alright to fix a broken feature with another broken feature, eh? The game needs rebalancement - and stacked shots can be easily fixed by adding a 1s shoot delay after the monsters spawn.

Sorry for your loss, no reunds

It‘s an epic dungeon. It’s meant to be challenging even to high level players. If any maxed char could just walk through it as they can a UDL or Lab with a little care then there would be no point. So yes, it can kill you if you are not paying attention. More like this please ! The game has so few challenges now with pets.

You shouldn’t get a revive. You should learn how the dungeon works, and know that if you get armor broken, those little blue thingies can kill you instantly. Definitely not unfair.

The only time you’ll get a revive is if the game as a whole gets hacked and everybody loses their characters unfairly… and the last time that happened was with Swatsec back in 2013. I think maybe if you get hacked yourself, you might, but I don’t know for certain.

Needless to say, you’re probably not getting a revive.

How easy would dodging be if there was a 1s delay? You could just rush through an epic dungeon if you are warrior or ninja. On top of that, it isnt solving the issue that the armor break spiders are already pre-spawned, so are you saying that once the tiles are found, then there is a one second delay?

Even if that is a good solution, I am not quite sure if the coding of the game could allow for something like this, since many aspects of tiles are client sided.

I’m not sure what you mean talking about tiles, but the delay would indeed make rushing easier - that’s nothing we can’t fix, though.

Instead of the spiders spawning on the exact same spot once an egg breaks, they spawn around the broken egg. The shots would still be grouped, but not stacked.

That idea is actually desirable, it would make it harder to dodge, but not stacked.

But how would we go about fixing shatters stacked shots?

Edit: About the tiles, I meant how there are spiders (for example) that are spawned when the dungeon is spawned. So how would we go about those stacking, because i have been hit by multiple reds together before (stacked).

If you’re talking about the stun-stacked shots, you’re talking about how specific monsters were changed in relation to how they work with stuns. I might be wrong but it seems like these were intended to stack, otherwise the stun would just work normally like it would on a medusa.

About the monster spawn tiles, the dungeon generation patterns would have to be adjusted. Taking a look at undead lairs, for example, you won’t see any stack-spawned monsters.

Yes thats true about the tiles,

Yeah the “charged” up I am pretty sure is an intended effect, and that should stay because there has to be more than one disadvantage other than just “getting hit” when going for a stun, since pets have made the risk way less.

Lol stacked shots are a bug. They don’t make the game harder just less fun.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.