Stackable Pots/Alchemist

“We are now in the process of evaluating what people keep on mules and how we can make their life easier.”
People pot pots on their mules, it’s that simple. Nobody in their right mind is going to waste an entire vault’s worth of space on a measly 8 speed.

So, why have pots never been stackable? The amount of space that would be saved if pots were stackable is insane. I get that you want to make money off of people buying more vault space, but it just makes sense for pots of the same type to be stackable and frankly, I don’t understand why they aren’t (other than the obvious reason of Deca being greedy and wanting people to buy more vault space).

At the very least there should be an easy way to combine pots into bigger pots without having to wait for a daily quest to come around. Maybe having an alchemist at Nexus that’ll take any 3 pots of the same kind and combine them into a greater pot, and then take 3 of those greater pots and turn them into an ultra pot, and so on. You’d be losing out on some pots every time you do it, but at the very least you could save some vault space by combining all your pots. They could even make it so you can combine 1 of every mega pot into a max-all potion so you only have to drink a single pot to max a character, but of course that would take a very long time and a lot of pots to do, and since you lose a pot every time you combine it’d actually be more efficient to just drink regular pots, making the max-all pots a thing only the mega-rich would ever feel the need to make.

I was originally only going to suggest the stackable pots thing, but then the alchemist idea popped into my head. I think it’s a cool idea.

I think DECA may actually be considering this right now. They mentioned something about wanting to do something because Exalt has removed mules.

Having a pot storage idea could also work in my opinion. Either one separate vault only for pots, or maybe another backpack style item that can hold pots (and while we’re at it marks too).

Possibly this will come along with the UT Exchange, because it does seem stupid how it currently is, with having to wait for the Tinkerer to RNG a Greater Pot combination quest our way. If they’re going to have such a pot exchange, the game should make it perma-available. And it is logical progression now that there’s Candies of Maxing, and the principle of fusing pots into Greater Pots, to want to extend with Mega Pots, eventually to connect up to the Candies.

Perhaps the main reason stat pots have never been stackable is because it makes things more complicated, due to pots having the twin uses as consumables and currency (also sure it promotes vault sales).

Eg. if player has stacked up 8 DEF but then wants to trade for something worth 3 DEF, they can’t. Unless they can unstack them on demand.

So an unstack mechanism would need designing (Deca has done unstacking of tokens in the past by adding a short-term Tinkerer quest to trade in, but that involves a trip to the gift vault to collect the unstacked items, possible multiple unstacks/restacks, so would be quite a hassle for just one trade).
-Or a way within the trading window to do “I want to give 3x of this stack to the trader”.

Soulbound stat pots, now those, there’s not really much excuse because all we can do with them is drink them, so those certainly could be made stackable say up to 25, and using it would do -1 to stack, +1 to stat.

Digressions

(Digression1: I imagine this is partly why although the Greater Stat Pots were coded waaay back, they never actually got released til Deca-era, because having only +1 stat pots kept things simpler. And then like you say once that door’s opened there’s demand for Ultra Pots, Mega Pots and so on, demand for permanent available combine quests etc, unstack options, a whole raft of “extra” things to cater for them. Lots of bloat compared to a streamlined setup with only one category of pots.)

(Digression 2: the Valentine event if you played during that gives a bit of a preview to how things would be with stackable pots, because the tradeable Hearts tokens were stackable to 20, and sometimes in trades players hit a problem when they wanted to sell a 20x stack but judged the buyer’s offer to be “not worth 20”.)

Noo Marks because they’re supposed to be a Daily Quest not a store-them-up-til-you-need-them (what do you mean I have 52 cemetery marks from the last event stop looking in my vault :upside_down_face:).

I mean, I’d love the stackable pots, personally even if the market had to adjust. I do remember the valentines event… those hearts could get painful… but pots are usually easier to obtain.
I’d like to see what DECA has in store for the release of post-beta exalt before I start wishing too much it proposing ideas. What happens then may change several gameplay aspects, based on the limited intel I’ve gathered on the forums, and whatever what they may surprise us with.

In the meantime, with 9 vaults and 5 chars (technically 4, not counting my sisters), I’ve just settled with storing specific marks, valuable equipment (usually UT/ST junk), and 2 - 3 high value items for breaking into pots if I feel the need in my vault and on chars with backpacks I’m taking small breaks from (Because I don’t store space consuming pots :frowning: ). I feel like mules would cheating a little, so I compensate in other ways…

just be so poor that ur pot mule is never full.

works fine for me

Even doing what Nevov said and making the greater pot quests a permanent thing would be a good place to start. It really is stupid how you have to wait for RNG to be on your side to allow you to make a SINGLE greater pot… that’s a huge help (not),

I agree. I never use them, either. I may only use it for condensing life, maybe, but I’d have to be in a dire situation and near dead broke to drive me to do that

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.