Staff Class Guide

Sorry if this is a bit long.

Each and every class will be graded in different categories, and their scores will be totaled for a final score. Use these as a REFERENCE and a REFERENCE only. These scores will be judging versatility. So just because one class has a higher versatility score than another, doesn’t mean that it will always be better in any given situation.

Take this as a Class Guide, like Bluenoser. This is in no way a class comparison. (@sleepygoat I’m talking to you, with your piece of garbage class ranking guide)

Less important categories will only have several points that they can get, such as DPS. DPS is unimportant at a certain stage in the game (usually mid-game or end-game) because soulbound becomes so low.

So for those that reject priest for having low DPS and are cherishing their warriors, let it be known that most soulbounds for mid-game dungeon bosses are 30 damage (1 shot on my t0 staff wizard on UDL boss got me a wisdom potion)

DPS and Ease of Getting SB are two different categories. Getting soulbound on a melee in an FFA tomb isn’t easy. You have a lot of DPS, but getting soulbound isn’t easy.

These categories are:

Survivability (1-10)
Group Role (1-10)
DPS (1-3)
Ease of Getting SB (1-10)
Rushing/speed (1-10)
Crowd Control (1-10)
Early-game (1-5)
Mid-game (1-5)
End-game (1-5)

Starting first is the

Wizard

Survivability: 4

The Wizard is pretty squishy, being a glass cannon of sorts. However, since it is ranged, it has a bit more survivability offered. Having a lot of DPS helps too; more dps = you can get soulbound faster = you don’t need to stay in danger longer

Group Role: 2

As YinYarn said, “Every other class has a group role, but the only thing the Wizard does to the group is kill the boss so fast nobody else can get soulbound on it.”

I guess it is a little bit helpful by killing things really quickly.

So yeah it’s a 2.

DPS: 3

As aforementioned in Group Role

Ease of Getting SB: 10

Great range, great DPS, can get within range really easily, bombard it with spells and staff shot, and pull out after getting that soulbound. It can get soulbound on practically anything really easily and still remain at a safe range.

Rushing/speed: 3

If you’re good enough, you can rush on any class, but you probably have a maxed legendary or divine. It’s not efficient and is probably one of the worst classes to rush on because of its squishiness. But it’s not the worst, of course.

Also it has literally 50 speed. Sorcerer has 60, Priest has 55, Mystic has 60, the only class with equal amounts of speed that’s a robe is a Necromancer.

Crowd Control: 6

The wizard has a fast fire rate with shots that deal an average of 170 damage, provided a T12 staff and maxed stats. It can decimate crowds of enemies with ease, especially if you have a tablet.

However, due to the low practicality of Tablet due to its high mana cost, and the lack of a good piercing staff (the Esben staff is complete trash) available to him, it’s only a 6.

Early-Game: 4

The Wizard is an extremely strong choice for early-game, shredding through monsters with ease. What it lacks for in survivability it makes up for in pure damage, allowing it to easily get soulbound amongst all the other warriors and maxed wizards out there. The main issue with new classes and events/dungeon bosses, is that they struggle to get in soulbound because they’re too focused on trying to stay alive in the bullet hell that is a Hermit God/Grand Sphinx/Abyss of Demons, etc, etc. This class allows the player to quickly get soulbound and get out of the crossfire, going back once the coast is clear to claim their loot.

However, since it’s also easy to die, it’s a 4/5.

Mid-Game: 5

Once having an uncommon/rare maxed pet, it becomes easy to survive. What’s more, with some skill under your belt, you can now dodge pretty well. It’s also easy to get soulbound on.

Also, Wizard is still really good unmaxed, because even though its attack wouldn’t be 75 (not even close, more like in the mid-forties), and its dex not 75 (more like in the low fifties), its spell would remain unaffected; wis-mod doesn’t impact spells. So, blast away with your 1500 damage ability of doom!

End-Game: 5

Still a viable choice for end-game; it’s great for getting in soulbound quickly-there are often some instances in which I don’t get loot in Marble Colossus because I’m too focused on dodging and staying alive; which brings us all the way back to Early-Game mechanics.

It’s really wonderful how the game comes full circle.

Just like early-game, it’s hard to get your soulbound in (my opinion, not everyone’s), so wizard is best for easily getting your damage and then focusing on dodging for the rest of the fight.

Summary:

Wizard is a great class, but it’s more outfitted for solo expeditions. Most people just see it as a DPS class, and it is. But they see it for the wrong reasons. Having a lot of DPS doesn’t mean you’ll get MORE loot. It means you’ll get loot faster and easier, because they need less time to get soulbound while other classes need to stay in danger for a few more seconds. It’s a common misconception that having more DPS gives you more loot, one that caused such a mass of warriors and wizards. It just FEELS that way, when in reality getting in 1,000 damage to soulbound and 10,000 makes no difference in the loot you get. It’s all RNG. But generally getting soulbound faster with your insanely high DPS means you’re safer because you can pull out of danger knowing you got your loot.

Final score:

42/68

Roughly 62%.

This score is judging VERSATILITY and how well it would do if placed in a random situation.This doesn’t mean this class is bad, it just means it has some areas that it’s weak in. This score is actually pretty good, because it means it’s strong in a lot of things.

Next, moving on to my personal favorite,

Mystic

Survivability: 6

When in danger, Stasis! Like the Wizard, she has long range so she can stay safer. However, she also has the safe defense as him. The only reason why she has 2 more survivability points is because of her stasis ability. She’s safer for another 6 seconds.

Why this isn’t higher is because so many enemies are now stasis immune, rendering the Mystic helpless against hordes of enemies that she cannot deal with.

No healing, however.

Group Role: 5

Albeit higher than the Wizard because of her curse debuff, which causes enemies to take 20% more damage, it still isn’t as hugely impacting as a 50% DPS buff from Paladin or Warrior.

I can hear you all saying “Mystic only has 60 attack and 55 dex”

Mystic also has self berserk, something the Wizard doesn’t have. And she also has curse, which is also something else wizard doesn’t have. One on one, without any other outside buffs, Mystic would actually deal almost as much DPS as a Wizard with spellbombs.

Ease of Getting SB: 7

Because of the Mystic having a lack of ‘instant damage’ abilities, such as the Scepter and the Spell, it’ll be harder for her to get loot.

IDK if it’s just me but I never get anything with her in tombs.

Same for that matter with Necromancers, Knights, Wizards, Priests, Sorcerers, Warriors, Paladins, Ninjas, Rogues, Tricksters, Huntresses, Archers, Assassins… hell, NVM, it’s just my luck that’s absolute shit.

deep sigh of spiraling depression

Rushing/Speed: 8

Undoubtedly, Mystic is great at rushing with her orb.

The only weakness is that enemies can be stun immune, mostly just endgame.

Crowd Control: 4

…not really that great. No piercing (Esben staff is trash), but at least she has a high fire rate with her berserk. Her ability is an AoE but does no damage (obviously).

Early-game: 2

Mystic is hard to master for new players. They’ll end up stasis-ing things they want to kill and get really frustrated.

Mid-game: 3

Mystic’s stasis gets abused at this stage and is mainly used for trolling people in the fame train and realm-closers. I personally don’t approve of this.

If used correctly, mid-game dungeons can be rushed easily.

Wis-mod isn’t important at this stage, so this class is still good unmaxed. Wis-mod doesn’t play a huge impact; not having 0.5 seconds of berserk won’t kill you. Mystic users tend to curse enemies a lot more often than once every 10 seconds because they want that berserk buff, so wis-mod lengthening duration of curse won’t really help.

End-game: 5

It’s only here in which Mystic is used to her full potential. She has great DPS, support in groups, and rushing in dungeons such as Tombs or Ocean Trenches.

Summary:

Mystic is an extremely versatile class that can be used anywhere. However, her weaknesses lie in the fact that she is a bit hard to master. People might want to opt for an easier class, such as a Wizard, until they are prepared to tackle the challenge. But, in the right hands, the Mystic can be a force stronger than even a Wizard.

Final Score:

43/68

Roughly a 63%.

Keep in mind that this doesn’t mean this class is any worse or better than Wizard. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses; this just means that Mystic is a bit more versatile than Wizard. There are still plenty of situations that Wizard might outclass Mystic.

Necromancer

Survivability: 7

This class is absolutely great at healing. It can heal just as a much as a priest, potentially more.

However, it is limited to enemies; it cannot heal when there are no enemies.

But since the only time you’ll ever need healing is when you’re near enemies, it’s really no big deal if you’re at 100 hp and there are no enemies around. Nothing can hurt you anyways. (except for traps, but you’re really not that stupid to stand around in a bullet-hell game, are you? - glances at autistic noob Knights begging for gear because they thought they could AFK in god-lands, or fell off the Sprite World)

But, its skull takes a lot of mana to use, even for a robe user. At least it wasn’t as bad as post-buff, when the skulls took an average of a whopping 135 mana to use. Wait…were those traps? Eh, both still took up an outrageous amount of mana.

Group Role: 7

Great for healing groups, but he has a shorter heal range than Priest. Limited by high mana cost of his ability.

75 Attack, 60 Dexterity, a Staff, a skull that deals 300~ damage each use that partially ignores Defense…

Are you kidding?

Ease of Getting SB: 10

Skull has raw damage that makes it easy to get soulbound on, just like a scepter, because it’s easy to aim and has huge burst damage. Staff also deals great DPS.

Rushing/Speed: 7

There’s always a lot of enemies around to heal yourself from. But remember, it doesn’t mean you’re invulnerable. Don’t get cocky, it’s just as easy to heal yourself from 300 to 800 as it is to go from 800 to 0.

This class is also one of the slowest classes in game, just like the Wizard.

Crowd Control: 7

The Necromancer’s skull has a great AoE that deals plenty of damage. However, I usually find that it takes 2-3 skull usages to kill a mob of enemies or a god-wall, which usually takes up almost all of my mana. It leaves the Necromancer in an extremely vulnerable position, having no mana to use to heal himself if he was put in danger.

Early-game: 5
A class that’s great for survivability and ease of getting in DPS? It’s one of the best classes to play on a new player, potentially even better than Priest. Right now, not having max wisdom doesn’t matter, because in early-game, there’s not much that could take out more than 100 health at a time.

Mid-game: 2

At this stage, players will probably begin levitating to other classes, spreading out their interest. It’s still good, but it’s a bad class that’s unmaxed. The wis-mod is the thing that makes this class truly powerful. It also has an average attack cap of 45-ish, so it would be really expensive to max the other stat that makes the class good.

Because of this, people won’t really want to play this class at this stage.

End-game: 5

Once players get better at the game, they will be able to fund for the maxing of this class.

Great damage in Tombs, just like a scepter, being able to get damage quickly.

The best advantage of this class is that it’s able to heal more efficiently in end-game. Since the bosses deal whopping damage in the hundreds, the Necromancer is able to effectively counter that damage with his skull, using it on the boss’s minions. With just 5 minions and one skull use, the Necromancer should be able to heal hundreds of HP as well as helping to chip down the minions.

Summary:

Maybe I was a bit prejudiced towards Necromancer, but it really is a great class.
It has great survivability with his skull, great DPS with his skull and stats, and is overall a great class.

However, some glaring weaknesses is that this class takes a lot of mana to use; his ability takes a lot of mana to use, so you have to be mana-conscious. It also isn’t very good when it is unmaxed.

It’s really only good during end-mid-game and end-game. However, once you get good enough to max this class, you won’t regret it!

Final Score:

53/63

Roughly 78%

Summary of All Staff Classes:

Staff classes are all really good and versatile. You really have nothing to risk when you choose one of these classes; they’re a safe bet.

However, the recommended path with staff classes to truly becoming a ‘pro’ is starting with Wizard and working your way up to a Mystic and then a Necromancer.

Wizard is the easiest of the three for early-game. Once you’re prepared for mid-game, use a Mystic. It’s harder to master than Necromancer, but it sure is more powerful unmaxed than a Necromancer would be unmaxed.

Then, once you amassed enough riches or are confident enough to use your potions for things other than buying gear, start maxing a Necromancer.

This isn’t the official or in any way the best path for everyone, just a recommended one in my opinion.

Hope this helped more than @Sleepygoat ’s “S rank” knights and “D rank” Necromancers. Ugh, what utter bullshit. I contracted 4 different types of cancer and when I went to the checkup, doctors discovered 40 unfound mental diseases.

Thanks @Sleepygoat, for invading me with stupidity…

Please leave that.

You should rate everything on the same scale to improve readability.

out or in

@Zquidx

DPS is in no way as important as survivability.

@Moshy

oops

Okay, then another solution to improve readability is to include the denominator for every rating. I’m not considering the actual content of the post at all.

This is really nice and well-explained!
…Though…

The only weakness, albeit a huge and glaring one.

Great reasoning! Though I have one objection, and that is the Mystic’s CC and Party Utility. I often use stasis to stop large enemies from showering the group with bullets, or to stasis half or part of a mob so we can deal with the other half first. This also increases survivability as a Mystic can almost practically choose the number and types of enemies to deal with first

You’re very welcome :grin:
See this is what people should do instead of complaining, make your own list

Edit: Nice list btw

I’m brain dead what does this stand for

thanks

CrowdControl.

Would be somewhat easier to read with a bit of formatting thrown in.

More info

Eg.:

**bold**
for the important bits

or
####Subheading
for each class so it’s clear where each new section starts

etc.
There’s basically all the info on here:
Everything about Realmeye Formatting

only skimmed but i dont think wizard is 1/10, like in shats u want a wizard to kill that switch near the end before first.

And killing things fast is a viable group roll, especially in areas with chests.

This is really helpful, thanks!

@Scorchmist Albeit not as important as a buffing or healing ability. If you want to kill things fast, go on a warrior.

i mean it has ranged atttack, and a lot of the time is needed for dangerous situations. Especially for players ho are not confident in being close.

The effort the OP has put in this…:thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.