Staff of a Departed Power

Staff of a Departed Power
skull%20staff
A staff that can channel the wrath of long lost remains. The animosity may even be infectious to the user.

Torment%20Shot Torment Shot
Shots: 1
Damage: 0
Property: Equip a skull onto this staff by inserting it into slot 1 of your inventory. This staff gains damage equal to the base damage of the skull along with its ability to ignore some armor and stat bonus.
Fire Rate = ((1.5 x 100% Fire Rate)/base dmg of skull)
Range: 8
Conditon: Only equippable to the Necromancer

Here is a Data Table to give a picture of what the DPS and Fire Rate would be like depending on each skull and how much defense they ignore

Thoughts: Creates a completely customizable staff with the choice of skull up to the player. With the fire rate mod, even equipping the Momento Mori will keep the dps under control and for all skulls for that matter. Its ability to copy the armor pierce of skulls makes it a good staff to use against high def targets. Its ability to copy stat bonus may be useful when trying to have high hp as almost all skulls give an hp bonus. You’ll notice that at 0 defense, each skull has the same dps regardless of their damage. This is because the fire rate mod compensates for skulls with different damage. It is where their defense ignored that creates a deviation from each others dps at 100 def. But of course any normal person wouldn’t put a low tiered skull on this staff unless they were just doing it for fun.

Given DECAs recent venture into more unique item effects, I’d say this is definitely possible. Though it might need some balancing, especially with how damage is going to work with different skulls, it’s a creative idea.

I’ve already realized some skulls will have noticeably more damage than others which is why the fire rate mod will compensate. Higher damage = Lower fire rate and vice versa to keep dps under sensible conditions.

This is an extremely well thought out and unique idea I really hope something like this could be added into the game in the future. other than the fact it might be too overpowered the idea behind it is great. The problem for me lies in the fact that is can only be used by the necro and having to keep a skull in a slot for it to even work are a bit of a hinderance. Maybe see how this could work for spells and orbs? As for the slot, it seems a bit clunky. maybe have it so it opens up a new tab with 1 slot similar to the backpack or have a slot appear in the mouse-over window with the information. I love the idea and if you fix up a few problems this could be a really interesting staff. Though its unlikely, I really do hope that deca does release a weapon of some kind with a property like this.

Well the point of using slot 1 is to be a hinderance since it’ll cost not only a skull but also a slot from the player and its simple compared to creating/coding an entirely new slot for this weapon. And the Necromancer will only be able to equip it because the idea and theme behind the item is directly influenced from what a Necro can do i.e. manipulate the dead and their power.

Thats pretty neat, it be even cooler if the staff changes sprite for each different skull equiped.

I was thinking the same thing! But i’m too lazy to redraw the sprites with different colors lol

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.