Staff of Starbound

Staff of Starbound

H%20Creation%20Energy

A transcendental staff formed from the might of an ancient nova of force. The exact materials of this mysterious object is unknown.

Tier: UT

Shots: 3 (arc gap: 20°)

Damage: 100-120 (average: 110 / total: 330)

Rate of Fire: 50%

Range: 8

Amplitude to Frequency: 2 to 1

Fame Bonus: 6%

Feed Power: 900

Drops From: Dr. Terrible

Shot Pattern

55%20PM

Lore

Long ago, before the Realm’s creation, before Oryx himself, a supernova blasted little bits of unknown matter. These particles eventually formed the Staff of Starbound. It floated around for centuries before the Realm was created. The Realm’s gravity pulled the staff in, and it was later found by Doctor Terrible. It was brought to his laboratory for study.

Story

Some decades ago, Doctor Terrible was tampering with his new discovery.
“What is it?” asked his assistant.

Terrible scratched his head. “I’m not sure. Some ancient thing that I don’t even know the use of. Maybe it’s nothing important.”

“Perhaps a scan for radioactivity can show when it was created?” the assistant suggested. “That could help.”

The doctor, with his white gloves on, carefully placed the mysterious item in a stasis vault. “I did. My machines can’t calculate it. Perhaps it was created so long ago…”

Terrible had one of his dreamy science looks. It took the assistant a few seconds to get his attention. “What’s the stasis vault for?”

“Oh, the vault. It’s to prevent chemicals and bacteria from getting to the item. It’s sort of useless because according to my experiments, chemicals don’t go near it due to some magical aura, and the bacteria mysteriously die–”

Suddenly, the vault exploded. “What was that?” Terrible cried. “The item!”

When the smoke cleared, the doctor and the assistant rushed to the wreck and searched under the pile of wrecked metal and burning wires. Underneath was the item, except it was glowing a neon light with such intensity that both men were dazed for several seconds.

“Agh, so bright,” the assistant mumbled. “I’ll get the visors.”

The assistant stumbled off and returned with two heavily tinted visors. After putting one on, Terrible reached his hand out and grabbed the glowing object. But as soon as his fingers touched it, he was blown back by an invisible force.

Then a voice spoke. “Hark! The Starmother speaks!”

Basically a staff with a crazy shot pattern and impossible to get your shots in unless you sit on the enemy. Or really good for clearing a lot of enemies at once.

Thanks for reading!

As a staff, this seems like a highly under powered weapon. It’s essentially outshone in every aspect by another staff (except maybe for fun, but that’s subjective).
Compare the stats to that of two other staffs:

Staff of Extreme Prejudice

Tier UT
Shots 10 (arc gap: 36°)
Damage 80–95 (average: 87.5 / total: 875)
Rate of Fire 40%

Here, you notice that EP has a way higher dps or dpm output than Staff of Starbound while sitting on enemies.

Staff of Astral Knowledge

Tier 11
Shots 2
Damage 55–100 (average: 77.5)

On the other hand, the T11 staff can compete with the Staff of Starbound in dps as well, mostly due to the 50% rate of fire on the Staff of Starbound and the inability to hit every shot.

For reference, this is the dps chart for EP, a T11 staff, Esben, and the Staff of Starbound (represented by the T0 staff). Furthermore, this staff would probably be outclassed by Esben if the user really wanted to clear out multiple mobs.

tl;dr: Essentially, this staff is outclassed in almost all of its aspects (unless I made a mistake interpreting the stats), but is probably a fun staff to play around with nonetheless.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.