Standalone Kongregate whats best?

Can someone recommend browsers to play kongregate standalone? I tried firefox and opera was really good for 2 days literally best time ive had no lag at all but now i cant even run in glands without getting disconnected. Also is there anyone using opera who knows why its lagging now? I have a Macbook pro on 10.14.3 And dont recommend Flash Projector its worse than browser for me

Honestly, Fuck Kongregate. Biggest mistake I’ve ever made in this miserable game.

Chrome works best for me, Microsoft Edge is crap.

yeah kongregate was a huge mistake i wish i could transfer to steam

Flash projector is better tho. Don’t understand how it is worse. I’ve always played on chrome but kong is total shitheck in general.

for me i black tile everywhere when i play on flash projector

What type of lag is it? Do you get 60fps or high net jitter?

jitter

High net jitter and low fps tend to mean client-side lag. Use some cleaning for your computer and see what happens. Maybe also use virus-detection.

When I started playing, I used Kong, and actually had 0 lag and very buttery gameplay. After Deca took over it was basically unplayable on Kong so I switched to flash

I have a MBPro as well. Flash projector has never worked for me. Chrome used to work really well for me, but now I can barely do a shatters without black tiling.

e x c u s e m e

/offtopic

Brave is supposed to be good for the web client so maybe that equates to a similar thing on Kong?

Don’t use website, use flash player projector (18)

The browser situation on Mac is dire. I used to use Safari as the only acceptable browser for ROTMG, but it got dramatically worse over two OS revisions (thanks Apple !), becoming as unplayable as the rest.

I now use Flash Projector with my Kongregate account, on Mac, with no problems (excepting server side problems). I basically used the guide on RealmEye, and now try and make sure that guide is kept up to date for other people.

I did do two other things that helped massively with ROTMG. I upgraded RAM to 16GB and installed an SSD. With 4GB it ran out of memory very quickly, while it plays much smoother with an SSD main drive. Otherwise it’s a pretty old and underpowered Mac, a 6+ year old Mac mini.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but flash player has always been extremely laggy for me on mac. I basically have the best macbook pro you can buy, and it still doesn’t really enjoy running the game. It can be hard for me to even complete a shatters without blacktiling. I get about 150mbs download 20mbs upload, so I can’t imagine it is my internet that is the problem.

I used to play on chrome because it wouldn’t run anywhere else. It’s strange though cause everyone in the Kong Chat recommended Firefox but I personally had a bad experience. I switched over to flashplayer. It’s slightly better and it runs strangely but hey, it works.

Did you change the graphics to low. Only reason to play on flashplayer

It sounds like a network problem. I occasionally see black tiles, but no more than once a week normally. Oddly today was one of those occasions, in the dungeon it most seems to happen, a WC, where while rushing I see black tiles. But then so does everyone else, as people bunch up behind the black tiles no matter their speed.

There are many things that can cause network problems, your own bandwidth is only one. Other things include the bandwidth of the server, server performance, the distance from you to the server, congestion between you and the server. Congestion can happen anywhere between you and the server.

As most of these relate to the server or your connection to it changing server can help, though I guess you’ve tried that. Playing at other times can help, though that might mean you miss out on the best time to play with other people.

I mean, I can stream movies and netflix just find. Like I said, I’m averaging 150mbs download and 20 up. No one else is really on the wifi. It seems to just be a problem with realm.

Everything is on the lowest setting with experimental turned on.

There are many things that can cause network problems. It can be your personal bandwidth, the bandwidth at the server, or anything between.

One particular problem in the US is ISPs. It’s perfectly legal for ISPs in the US to limit internet traffic, since the FCC in 2017 repealed net neutrality. They can e.g. configure their gateways to favour traffic to people who pay them, typically big media companies like Netflix. As ISPs in many parts of the US have a monopoly there’s not much customers can do, except next time elect a president who is on the side of ordinary people, not on the side of big business.

I mean the flashplayer setting, not in game setting