Steam client completely broken today (fine yesterday)

So I’ve been playing RotMG on steam for years, and been playing it on this particular PC for about 3 months and it’s been absolutely perfect.
Just came on to play it this morning and as soon as rotmg is open, my mouse cursor crawls to a weird slow slither and wiggles around on the screen when I try to move it, game is completely unplayable.
I messed around with my mouse settings, changed the polling rate from 1000Hz to 500Hz and the game worked okay for about 5 minutes before I started getting intermittent game freezes.

Current situation is now that the game will run as normal at 60fps for about 5 seconds, followed by a complete freeze for 2-3 seconds. Also, there is about a 1 second lag between video and audio.

I’m pretty bummed because I’m full on addicted to this game and I’ve never had a problem like this before. Has anyone had a similar thing? Or any ideas what might be causing this?
(I haven’t changed any software or hardware for the last few weeks, this problem literally started overnight)

pls halp

Same here, but it’s very inconsistent. One day the Steam client works perfectly fine and the other day it can be horrible.

I don’t have the mouse problem but I do sometimes experience the freezing for a few seconds.

Do you have touchscreen on though

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.