Steam version not working?

Well, I haven’t been playing rotmg for over 5 months and I kinda want to go back into it.
I was playing on steam and when I reinstalled the game and launched it, the launcher tells me “Initializing” for like 30 seconds and then I’m getting a “Version loading error”.
I already tried reinstalling but not working, and found nothing about this issue on forum, if anyone know why it’s doing that and what I can do to fix it…

Thank you in advance !

Best I can think of is your internet cutting out.
Otherwise, it might be a 10-minute disconnect; don’t open the game for some time, then it should work as intended.

Don’t think that’s internet because I’m on Ethernet so can’t be this, about 10 minute disconnect just tried again 2 hours later still doing the same thing :frowning: Thank’s tho

My own client of Steam does seem to work, so it seems like it’s entirely client-sided.

I also did a quick search, and there’ve been multiple reports of people having this exact problem (the very first one being back in August '16).
The only advice I could find is to make sure the game is up-to-date, and otherwise doing another reinstall.

I would suggest playing on a different computer for a while. Then try again on the other one.

Okay that’s what i’m going to do I guess, thank’s !

I’m gonna try this aswell, when i’ll be able to play on another computer, thank’s c:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.