Stone Gargoyle Armor

Stone Gargoyle Armor

Tough armor crafted from the hide of a guardian stone gargoyle.

Tier: UT
Stat Bonus: +19 DEF, +6 ATK, -3 SPD, -2 DEX
Fame Bonus: 4%
Feed Power: 700

Drops From: Stone Guardians

Tip: Due to it’s lack of speed and dexterity, it’s best to save this item for heavy hitting dungeon bosses. After done rushing, put this armor on, get into range, and start doing heavy damage.

This armor is more for the trickster and assassin. They already have plenty of SPD and DEX, and they can afford to lose them for safety and better damage output.

This is OP, it makes Nil just about useless and outranks most every armor in straight upgeneral use, if this was a heavy armor then it would be ok

Fiiine. I’ll change the stats.

Anotha one joins the Santachus

It’s a disease that I was exposed to

Actually this seems like just a worse Nil to me.
Stat comparison: Nil
-2 def
-4 dex
-2 spd
+5 att
You basically don’t gain much DPS and you lose the def that makes nil worth wearing.
Stat Comparison: Wyrmhide
+0 def
-10 dex
-4 spd
+5 att
Seems like a direct downgrade to wyrmhide, and the 1 extra def wouldn’t really make it much better than Hydra.
Overall, underpowered, and seems to fill the same niche as an already existing armor.

well that’s after his edits, not sure what it was like pre-nerf

4 santanchus :smiley:

That is after edit, it used to be -4 dex -2 spd +7 attack in comparison to Nil

Oh never mind, you were totally right in your criticism in that case. My b.

I don’t think the ups compensate for the downsides well enough. You basically get an effective single-point DPS boost which is way less than any other higher tier armor (given that they possess a DPS-boosting stat in the first place).

The sprite is maybe a little…blank-ish? It’s far from bad, but it doesn’t really stand out to me.

Of course, no item is complete without a proper description. The current one is pretty decent.

Stone Gargoyle Armor
A harsh, yet flexible hide, crafted from living gargoyle statues. A speck of strength magic lingers within.

Okay, so when Nil gives 21 def and only -2 speed, that would be a prefered defensive armor.

When Leaf Dragon gives 6 speed and an extra ability pop that would be a prefered rushing armor.

When Golem Garments gives 14 def and 8 attack that would be a prefered damage armor, just use a defensive ring with it.

Spectral armor gives only 14 def but 3 attack, 3 dex, and 3 speed so its pretty much a more generalized version of this armor.

This would not be used in game because everything it does can be done better by other items.

Thus, with this one idea, you have made one of the best leather armors in the game, completely useless

So…is this OP or underpowered?

This

I just hope you remember that Stone Guardians are way more easier to find and kill than the Void Entity.

I mean yeah, but also this armor is sooo much worse than nil. Huge DPS and spd drop for 1 extra def?

Nil’s purpose is simply extra DEF, and lot at that, too (21 DEF). To balance the stats, -2 DEF was also included.

Now let’s look at my Stone Armor. We’ve got a nice, safe DEF amount of 18, just like Wyrmhide Armor (T14). But instead of the extra 3 DEF that should be there to match the Armor of Nil, I added 5 ATK. But whoa, hold on. That’s too OP. So I included -4 SPD, and -4 DEX. Now it’s underpowered. But hold on again. The Stone Guardians are the first bosses of Oryx’s Castle, while the Void Entity is the last boss of the Lost Halls, a more difficult dungeon, if you ask me. So now it’s even.

You know what? If it bothers you too much, I guess I’ll lower the DEX and SPD reduction by one each, but no more than that.

We dont really need second Ut from stone guardians, but if you could create dungeon like graveyard (I know in game we have H.cem) or just a monster maybe event monster will be cool