Stone Skin Prism

Stone Skin Prism

A fabled ancient prism, once said to have turned its creators to stone

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 105
  • Cooldown: 1 Second (Standard prism delay)
  • Effects: Teleport to cursor - No decoy
  • Stat Bonus: -4 SPD, -2 DEX
  • Special properties: Armored for 2 seconds
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 900

Drops From:

• Stone Guardians

More info

This is my first item idea, criticism is both welcome and appreciated. Sprite thanks to @Curlip

A few edits:
MP cost has been raised to 105
Slowed has been completely removed, however stats are now -4 SPD and -2 DEX to balance out the armored
Armored has been lowered from 2.5 seconds to 2 seconds
FP has been lowered to 900

I’m not the type to give ratings on items, but I find this really similar to the Cloak of the Mad God (the cloak from MotMG) where you get armored from using your ability, but tagging a -2 speed (miniscule for trickster) and a two second slow makes it lean more towards an item like the Cloak of Bloody Surprises where you get slowed instead, but with an attack boost.

Yeah, it was intended to be a mix of the two for the trickster, which also promotes a completely different playstyle

I like the idea of this but I’m not sure when I would ever use it. The 2 second slow completely negates the ability to use it for rushing, because even with the armored to keep you alive you won’t be going anywhere. If you have a good enough pet it could give you perma-armored on self, basically replacing an mseal, but the duration is low enough you’d have to time it carefully and make sure you aren’t teleporting into death.

Updated the post with the sprite

cool

eww, needs to be removed.

needs to be increased a bit.

should be reduced to 900 or 950, ASS is only 900.

change it to something else, having to focus on teleporting around so you don’t get killed nullifies its main purpose -

Plus, a ton of boss enemies would either do a ton of damage anyway, or they armour pierce.

I’d say remove all negative effects, and the decoy, and it’s fine. Keep in mind the ideal tp with a decoy for a second costs 45 Mana, no need to nerf it

there wasn’t a decoy btw
Removing the slow would be pretty op, a prism that gives armoring without a debuff imo

Changes have been made, not sure if that really fixes much. It’s more of a godlands/rushing prism at this stage.

Stone%20Prism
I don’t know, I just thought that there should be some more detail on the sprite of the prism. Green is vines/moss btw. Also the stats seem fine to me after changes now :slight_smile:

Ooh, sprite looks really good. Mind if I add it to the OP?

Sure, go ahead! :smiley:

As I believe someone else noted, I really don’t actually see this as being very viable. First off, the negative stat bonuses keeps it from being something you can just wear around as it slows you down and decreases overall dps. The incredibly high mp cost keeps it from being a viable rushing prism without a powerful pet. The lack of a decoy makes it fail to be a powerful escaping prism. Overall, I just don’t see where the prism would actually be useful over standard prisms unless you have a divine pet and can use it to infini armor yourself.

Yeah, starting to see that this is the general consensus of everyone else now, lol.
Oh well, it’s a first item idea

At least we got a few good sprites out of it

Is the stone guardians going to drop this?
Edit never mind

That’s what I meant, trading the usual decoy and some extra Mana is fair for armored, no need to make it worse then MGcloak or jugg or msealin the series of armored abilities. I phrased it badly

All good, took ur advice anyways :+1:

The negative stat bonuses balance out the 2 seconds of armoring. But I agree with the fact that the MP cost is a bit high. If it is lowered or the armored duration is increased I think that it will be fine. I also don’t really think all prisms need clones, especially for this one as the prism is armoring you instead of creating a clone.

A good idea. To be an aggressive prism and let you TP directly into a mess and tank it out with armored. Very different style than normal where TPing in would usually invite death. Some penalties are a good trade off too, though I think the game would let you bypass them by switching out the prism as soon as you’ve used it. But obviously you risk getting mixed up with which prism you’re using if you try that tactic.

Would be superior to tiereds in situations where decoys are irrelevant (eg busy situations where you’ve got people standing all around the boss) so you could even TP on the spot to get the armored in case some fool is drawing fire at you.

One alteration, in the description:

its

That’s all fixed, I was in a rush and completely overlooked it.

Thanks for the feedback!