Story of the Shatters [2013/14]

So guys, around the time when the Shatters came out I had already watched a few videos and guides about it and decided “Hey, Imma write a story about it”.

I did write it back in 2013/14 so I was about 12 or 13, so please forgive me if it’s cringey.

anyway, I hope you have fun reading it, cos I sure did :sweat_smile:

You’ll probably have to zoom in a little to make out why the hell I tried to write.
Anyway, if you think this is remotely interesting I’m more than happy to write this, having it be more structured and descriptive.
thanks for reading :+1:

When you realize 12-13 year old Redox has way better handwriting than you.

moved to fan art

Umm why u write that much and ur so neat compared to me

is it only me or is that handwriting unreadable
anyone willing to type it up for me uwu

I recommend using a fountain pen since you have nice handwriting and if you like writing with paper and pen, they’re typically better for long sessions. Check out the Pilot Metropolitan or the Lamy AL-Star or Lamy Safari :slight_smile: I love Lamy AL-Star and my Visconti Rembrandt <3

Another pen enthusiast I see

Correct o;

Oh.

I don’t deserve nice pens my handwriting is shit uwu

Nice story didn’t know u played that long ago

I’ve been playing since UT’s we’re trade able lol.
Just took a long break and made a new account. :sweat_smile:

Mine is literal chicken scratch, but practice is helping alot, and using an fp is like… really helpful since I have a slight tremble, and use a broad nib it hides the shakiness :smiley:

I write in feed power too
Just gotta splash that ambro on my paper and I’m done

Haha, oh yes. ;p

Why didn’t you just retype in Docs or something then copy and paste over?

Long and I don’t have my regular phone so it would take way longer.

I hope it was alright to type it up… I made small minor changes, but nothing to change anything about the story at all.

Chapter I

Once in a land now forgotten, there reigned a King, Parshian, who ruthlessly ruled the Kingdom we now know as The Desolate Kingdom, or The Shatters.

Lord Parthian dresses in an Emerald Coloured robe, lined with golden edges. He wore a large, gold crown which was said to have a legendary power in thick the wearer could control opposing armies to add to his own legion.

Lord Parshian sat in his ruby encrusted thrones looking rather lifeless and still. Suddenly the large, iron doors flew open and a tall being entered the Kings Chamber. “Halt!” The Chamber Guards ordered simultaneously, whilst sharply pointing their spears at the ghastly being.

The Figure continued towards the King, two beings followed on each side. One clothed in a brilliant red robe, he was clutching a wand with a golden rod and a red stone engulfed in flames and this one stood on his left. The other follower to his right wore a semi-transparent, Ice-blue robe, he was holding a wand with another golden rod, but instead of a red stone, it contained an Ice Crystal which flowed with a blue essence.

Finally, the tall, mysterious Being in the middle, stopped dead in front of the Kings’ throne and bowed to him.

Parshian slowly turned his head towards this strange Being until his eyes were fixed on it.

An eerie silence fell throughout the Castle. “WHO?” Parshian demanded. He gave a cold, deadly stare to the intruder.
“They call me Twilight, The Eternal.” It replies in an ominous, raspy voice.
“Your Offerings.” The King ordered.
“I bring no relics…” It replied craftily.

The Guards drew their blades from their sides and advanced towards the intruders. Parshian lifted his hand towards his guards showing them his palm.
They halted.
“…But I bring to you, ancient stones,” the Intruder continued.
He held up four magical stones, one red, one blue, one yellow, and one green.
“What good to me is worthless pebbles?” Parshian asked.
“These ‘pebbles’ will forever serve you for one small request,” It said, snidely.
“Go on,” Parshian told It.
“You will allow me to serve you also, not as a slave, but as your loyal ally.”
At that moment, Lord Parshian arose from being seated in his throne.
“Bring me the Sentient Staff!” He boomed.
“But… But I can bring you power, my Lord,” it desperately begged.
The Kings’ priest brought the staff to him with honour and placed it in Parshian’s hands.
“I can grant you power, the power to defeat any army… in a blink of an eye!” It bragged out of fright.
The king approached the desperate Being. As he walked towards him, its disciples backed away.
“Please, my lord,” It cried, “Show me mercy!”
Parshian raised the staff in the air and slowly pointed it towards the Being. “NOOOOO!” It screeched.
Then, Silence.

Chapter II

The Being opened Its eyes slowly and surely.
“I am dead!” It said.
“No,” A Kingly voice answered.
“What?” It asked cluelessly.
It lifted its head enough to see that dreaded staff hovering in front of Its unseen face.
“Yes,” The voice answered.
“Yes?” It replied.
“You WILL NOT SERVE ME, but you WILL RULE alongside me.” The voice told It.
Its head lifted, even more, to see Lord Parshian offering It the staff.
“The Staff is yours to keep,” Parshian said.
“Thank you for being so merciful, My Lord, I am most grateful.”
It opened Its palm, a purple glow freed itself from Its grasp and guided the Multicoloured gemstones towards the King. When they reached him, they began to rotate around his abdominal area.
“I. FEEL. POWER!” Parshian roared.
This could be heard from even The Crawling Depths and even the shallowest ends of The Abyss.
Suddenly, Purple flames engulfed the Kings’ hands. Enriched with power, his eyes widened, and a sinister smile appeared on his face, then a cunning whisper echoed. Through the halls of the castle called.
“Finally, I… LIVE!”
Parshian the immediately fell to his knees, holding his stomach in agony. He groaned and then began intensely thumping the ground repeatedly.
“WHAT… HAVE… YOU… DONE!?” Enquired the bewildered King.
“I have done nothing,” Twilight the Mysterious being answered.
The Gemstones stopped spinning around the Kings waist and they themselves dropped to the platinum tiled floor as if they were stationary for a few seconds and then began to frantically whiz across the floor, spinning and flipping from side to side. While as to bury themselves in the platinum tiles, causing an immensely annoying, blood-curdling screech.
Parshian and the crystals started to slow down as if their suffering was coming to an end.
When they finally stopped, they fell to the ground, stationary and lifeless.
A purple entity lifted itself out of King Parshian and the Crystals, and Twilight slowly backed away from them, heading towards the door.
Parshian flinched and wheezed. As he wheezed, a purplish has exited his mouth.

It arched from his mouth to the ground forming a bodily figure.

All in the Kings Chamber at that time stopped moving and stared, overwhelmed with curiosity.

Once the purple mist had finished congregating, Parshian lifted himself up and staggered to his feet and gasped, not just for breath, but because the purple figure was identical to him.

The Creature started to advance towards the centre of the Chamber.

Parshian smiled.

“You smile?” The Creature asked. “Why!?”
Parshian let off a quiet laugh.
“Why are you LAUGHING!?” Questioned the Creature, pulsing with (immense) rage.
The Laugh grew louder and louder as if the King has finally gone mad. Ylandrus, the Kings Jester, wandered into the Chamber, wondering what all the commotion was about, to find a deranged King cackling hysterically and what seemed to be the Kings purple identical twin roaring with rage.
“How come not a single person told me about the new Jester?” Ylandrus whispered.

The Purple Creature then began to calm down and the Kings laughter came to an end.
“Do you not know what I am?” The Creature enquired.
“Yes,” replied the King.
“What am I then?”
“You are…”
“Are?”
“STUPID!” Burst the King.
“No, I am… was the Prisoner of those Crystals.”
“Pebbles.” The King interrupted.
“And I shall NEVER carry the burden of them EVER again.” The Creature hissed, bitterly.

TY for this my dude :heart:

Is it all there and up to your standards? My pleasure, glad to help with this type of thing :]

Of course, that’s all fine.
I’m rewriting the whole thing in more detail now so don’t be surprised if you see another version later or in a couple I days.

Great! :smiley: I’d love to have more detail, and maybe tell us what happened with the ice and fire mages that came in with Twilight?