Struggling to get back in it

Bruh moment

In the mid-endgame is where you wouldnt have this issue at all though, since endgame content is what is annoying to do without a discord or guild to run it with. Im literally here rn burning time because i opened the game, noticed nobody in my friendcircle or guild is online to do small runs w/, and had nothing better to do than come burn time till people show up since I currently cant use discord. Even with discord, my ‘endgame’ loop is just farming the same dungeon in a discord for x hours a day, which I happen to enjoy still, but it does become repetitive and its very easy to lose that drive either randomly or from a single death.
Burnout hits hard and fast in this game once you get into endgame content

exactly! when I had a small guild with a few dudes that could run (old) shatters, this game was peak. not min-max, no like hyper aggressive “we need a warrior” typa shit. It was great. I wish, and I think the solution to this post, is if rotmg was ENTIRELY guild-centric. Like you couldn’t operate outside of a guild, guilds could buy keys with some type of in-game currency (or random keys just pop in the guild after quest completions), a whole REALM in a guild, something.

I made a guild full of newbies, where I only recruited light blue stars who were beginning players, called YallCute, and I personally got to know each and every one of my members over the span of two months. I even made us a Discord and everything, so we can talk to each other and get to know each other. I can attest not only is the OP right, but the beginning player’s experience is worse than I thought, having played with them so closely.

As it turns out, their age range is 15-early 20’s, and I am one who is very concerned for gen Z, as they are already the most depressed generation of our time from what I read. Having said that, this game is VERY unhealthy mentally for these kids. It fills these kids with self-defeating thoughts and depressed moods, the last thing they need in their lives.

If you look at the people I recruited in the Guild History page, the oldest former members were kicked, because they only played for one day, and never came back (look at their “account created/last seen” info on their pages). I always said this is a horrible time to be a beginner.

What really made me upset, disappointed, and saddened was that now 30 of the 40 people remaining in that guild have stopped playing too. I left the guild for my owns reasons, and it turns out I was the one holding the guild together, and the guild was the only reason they were playing. I was trying to give beginners a better experience/atmosphere to play in, because according to my guildies, playing solo or in other guilds was a horrible experience on its own, because they’d make friends, and their friends would quit saying “Man, I suck”, so they’d end up without any friends to play with.

I gained some insight from someone just yesterday on how new players think. This person told me they sucked and their skill level was so bad, because they had zero o3 completes and 0 shatters completes. I told them how upsetting that was to me, knowing that players now gauge themselves and their skill level based on extremely difficult endgame dungeons. This is why I nearly shouted in anger when o3 was first announced, while everyone else was excited, because there was so much else that Deca should’ve been focusing on, instead of new content. The learning curve is way too steep right now, and I just don’t know if anyone can fix that.

From the way things are looking, Deca just may have killed the game, and anything done to revive it will be too little too late. ie, look at the ONE active server remaining that is USW3. I mentioned the decline in population late last year, and I was flooded with “Well, it’s finals season and everyone’s busy with school, this is normal”. So, what’s the reason now?

From my observation, Deca is milking whatever they can from the players who still do o3 in guilds like Mochi, h, Optionz with whatever they have left. There’s only player retention and no appeal in bringing in new players.

I’m reminded of this thread where @Doc praises @Toastrz and @Kiddforce, and I just couldn’t get myself to gratify this in good conscience. He says “With their departure there’s a lot of (justifiable?) skepticism toward what the future may hold for the game. What’s everyone think? Are we doomed, or will Deca and RotMG soldier on unscathed?” That skepticism toward the future he talks about already existed BEFORE their departure. The two people who left Deca are NOT what kept this game from being doomed and they are certainly not the ones who helped RotMG soldier on unscathed.

These are some examples of the “last seen on the day they created their accounts”

What are your problems with RotMG as of current?

I somehow missed this thread, so my apologies for the late response. This struck a chord with me, so I thank you. I can relate to your “new player guild”experiences, as that was how I operated my own guild for years, and my results were nearly the same. It was either that they quit in the first few days, they quit after making some progress and dying (after having consumed a couple of life pots/finding decent gear for the era), or I saw them off to better guilds so that they had more consistent social interactions.

I’d be afraid of any more attempted advertising for this game in its current state. There’s just too much work to do, and (per company standard) without any long term behind-the-scenes knowledge, it looks like DECA is focused on a ton of short-term fixes. Maybe there is a drive to keep the oldest players and their monetary contributions over the gamble of attracting new players and getting them to stay by making the OG content shinier, “balancing” out classes and equipment (take that how you will), and adding things like Exaltations and new classes/dungeons. I have no way of telling for sure… but it continues to drive me nuts.

The people who’ve quit the game can tease some of us for sticking around for a game that may never get truly repaired, but one can wish and hope! I just wonder how much longer this can go on, for better or for worse. (I also wonder if the original WS creators have popped their heads in to see what’s become of their creation now and again, and if they had any opinions lol)

Yep, I’m very close getting to my last straw on RotMG. Barely played last 2 weeks because of keyboard lag (which ended up gave me a free character slot).

I tried to regain my motivation to play again but RN, it’s not possible.

RN, there is 2 reasons for to play RotMG:

Farm rainbows. And use them to max throwaway characters for Exaltation dungeons. Let me be absolutely frank, I don’t h8 farming rainbows but doing the same thing is getting really repetitive and the burnout is rather intense.

Maybe I should out something new…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.