Stuff Which Arrives Post Unity (Maybe)

Y’know, there’s been quite a few Q&A’s in the official Realm discord, as well as quite a couple responses to sent-in feedback. Sometimes, those have been answered with something along the lines of “it’s not possible/feasible now, but we’ll add it/discuss it/consider it after Unity!”

I decided to spend roughly 3 hours or so combing through both of those related channels and compiling a list of stuff that was more-or-less promised like that, for everyone’s “convenience” (it’s not really that convenient).

This doesn’t include Producer’s Letters, unfortunately. I reckon that those are more widely-known, though ^u^
Also some of these things might bee implemented pre-Unity, often only smaller things.

Fair warning, it's a LOT. Prepare your ctrl and F key.

Stuff Which Arrives Post-Unity, Maybe (SWAPUM)

Deca-responses:

• Trading system
    • Allowing you to trade items from both main and backpack inventory
  • New tutorial for reaching level 20 (was discussed)
  • Being able to set a pet as “favourite”/most recently used pet auto-follow new characters
  • Loot bags being rendered above players
  • Changes to the Void / Lost Halls (after “taking care of general progression”)
  • Guild Hall changes
    • Potion refill station to instantly refill potions
    • Cosmetics
  • Allowing players to give them an option to type something post-mortem (i.e. “last words”)
  • Player count on the server list
  • Flavor text after maxing a stat
  • New death sound bytes (eyes WangleLine pleadingly)
  • Chat system customization (filter type of chat, f.e. only guild/PMs)
  • Lower pot drops in LH/increase in Shatters, to balance out the payouts (somewhat done?)
  • Arena rework, or possibly just being removed (as seen during Exalt stream)
  • Capability to remove other player sprites/their pets’, potentially w a slider of opacity
  • In-game poll system
  • Backpack + Main invs shown at the same time
  • Solution for duplicate character skins that isn’t feeding them (potentially via Tinkerer)
  • Marketing campaign post-Unity
  • Assassin stat cap increases (but likely after the whole OoC Damaging/Berserk/Curse changes)
  • More accurate dungeon completion counting
  • Court of Oryx dungeons being moved elsewhere
  • Error noise when trying to consume HP/MP pots while Sick/Quiet + not consuming them
  • Needs to be tested performance/worth-ness: saving discovered map tiles
  • Larger boss HP bars at, f.e., top of the UI instead of only underneath the enemy
  • Unique item IDs
  • +5 speed when equipping Crystal Sword, like Leaf Bow
  • General UT item rebalance
    • Feed power tweaks
    • Mad Robe stat change
  • Fame bonus expansion
  • Different way of closing the Realm (big project, long-term thing)
  • Items with procs being dimmed when on cooldown
  • Regular quests of longer duration
  • Changes to the Epic dungeons (Deadwater Docks, Woodland Labyrinth, Crawling Depths)
  • Tutorial with newer information
    • Potentially: beginning quests for starting-out players
  • Loot tier potions grant a chance to transform pots into their greater variants
  • Bags getting different sprites during events (teased that might appear for AF)
  • Collection of stuff you’ve gathered, lorewise (essentially, in-game muledump)
  • Binding right-click to ability activate

Q-and-a:

• Custom sounds for activation-based items
  • (De)Buff display, giving info of the effect when hovered over
  • Training grounds of sorts for newer players, to experiment with certain status effects, etc.
  • Movable UI elements (longer-term, difficult)
  • Shots being rendered above players
  • Quest markers for multiple events at the same time
  • New cursors
  • Unified vault/gift chest UI
  • Togglable projectile outline
  • Friendlier way of displaying mystery box chances, potential new reward system
  • In-game player reporting (another difficult thing)
  • Re-examination of event chest loot distribution (possibly already done)
  • Seperate leaderboards for Rifts per class
  • Items to influence the effects of the fog-of-war effect
  • Different hitboxes for projectiles/enemies
  • Newer procs that don’t just activate when hit
  • UT exchange getting an expansion to also include STs, once it’s settled as a balanced system
  • New death effects
  • Shatters rework (likely featuring a Honey Scepter at least somewhere. I mean, it’s Toastrz)
  • Key price changes

Update 29/04 with the latest Q&A:

• Extra details: Marketing campaign that’ll specifically tender to specific sites (see recent survey), as well as promotional vids
  • Full-view UI for Vault, plus options to sort through it easily
  • New mechanics; most recent one will be regarding game balance and gameplay loop
  • General system rebalance before specific class rebalancing
  • New wand class at some point
  • Updates won’t ever “end”
  • Directly purchasable pet skins
  • Post-Beta: transparent/invisible players, definitely
  • No Linux support
  • Shaitan loot rebalancing (includes balancing the UTs)
  • “Substantial” tutorial changes
  • New highlands dungeon
  • Keyper fight changes (nb: give ideas in #feedback)
  • (Biweekly answers to feedback + biweekly Q&As)
  • Something new for fame in the “not so far future”
  • “Potentially” more (pet) skin drops from bosses themselves

PT content that has yet to bee revisited/implemented:

• Tiered items balancing, specifically abilities
  • IC/OoC system and all the changes that it brings along (stat caps, damaging/berserk/curse mult tweaks)
  • Summoner and Battlemage

Balance Changes & Dungeon Cap Update [X.32.7.0]
Least Favorite Dungeon?
OPACITY on The BOIS

Some of these are actually doable right now and don’t need to wait for unity (like +5 spd for csword), I wonder why they gave those responses.

This one doesn’t necessarily have to be after unity, but they really give “we’ll think of it after unity” to everything, it’s their go to excuse.

From what I’ve heard, they’d prefer making bigger patches that include more things simultaneously, akin to the ability item tweaks. Purrhaps we’ll see the CSword change in it, though said update’s more centered around prepping for O3’s T7 abilities being released.

Not sure how to feel about that style myself - on the one hand, I guess it makes sense balancewise to keep everything in check at once without needing to revisit planned buffs because woops we made this thing relatively much better than it was, causing this other thing to be left in the dust even though we attempted it to not be that.
On the other hand, it kinda leaves this whole empty space where…nothing really changes.
Ofc with something like OoC that’s more justifiable given the scale, but still.

I’m also undecided about how much I like the current patch style. Maybe once or twice a year they release a really kickass patch like the dungeon tweak one a while back with a zillion changes, all great additions to the game, and the rest of the year all the patches are like

• added five new skins
  • soulbound some more items
  • added new UTs to mystery boxes
  • New event, collect 50 shards for a UT of your choice
  • Chest events in a couple dungeons, drops dyes, white bags, loot boost potions, backpacks, level 20 potions and skins

It’s pretty formulaic. I’m not expecting god tier patches every month, but something like +5 spd to Crystal Sword is literally one line of xml, and it’s a change that legitimately advances the game.

IDK I find that Csword, one of the most common white bags, really feels like a beginner-tier item, so I don’t think it deserves to be that great to use.

I mean, its range after all is why it’s appealing, it’s the safest sword so deserves a large downside for a ‘cowardice punishment’.

And don’t get me wrong, I carry it, or Ass, on every melee, so I’m not saying that as a knock against users.

Edit: oops I forgot I didn’t post earlier today a reply to the OP after reading it. Swapu! Good abbreviation. Well to summarise, about 50% of the mentioned changes/ideas sound great and 50% stupid or pointless (IMVHO).

I’d take these with a grain of salt.

I read through a part of the q&a session and it seems like Deca really doesn’t like saying no, unless its 100% certain that it won’t happen.

That’s what the “M” stands for: mommy maybe.

Aye, that’s true. On the plus side, it makes everyone a little optimistic…but it also kinda gives false hope.
Still better than Valve’s approach of *radio silence*

Yes. Maybe at sekrit switch?

this would be great, they don’t seem to have literally any effect on anything currently.

Updated with the new Q&A!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.