Subclasses

Subclasses, recently Pantyna has made a similar idea, but instead of fully buffed classes, I think that subclasses should be interesting subgroups of the standard that sacrifices one thing in order for a buff on another. As noted, this is a work in progress and I know that not all of my subclasses are perfect, or anywhere near it.

While I was considering writing my own, I’ll act as an editor to this one instead. The requirements are far too hard for some of them and seem odd in general. The names also need to reflect that subclass. Try to make the subclasses contrast each other.

Could you please be a bit more specific. At the moment, your comment is a bit vague. Please note which you think are too hard because I personally did not notice that problem at all. With uniqueness, I am sure that I have a problem but I’m not exactly sure where that is. Maybe the wizards are a bit a similar but I feel like they are different enough. Not sure how the rest are similar

see the idea
10-42-39-images
On second thought
It over balanced
It barely a upgrade to standard class

I may not be against over balancing generally, but this is just outright worse for almost every single class. Warrs first is broken for essentially no cost, OH NO I ONLY HAVE LIKE 58 DEF! Then the priests shadow is arguably fairly solid. Rest are generally either negligible or outright bad (both of wizards are absolute trash)

The point is that they should be balanced. They aren’t an upgrade. It’s about your playstyle and gives you the ability to change your playstyle a bit and would be interesting.

@Kedricos A warrior losing five defense puts it at the same defense as a paladin… Have you ever played paladin? Five defense is quite a lot. Also, please explain why you think the classes are too weak. I based all classes on things that I personally would play
As for warrior, sure it can infini helm but to do so would require good timing or spamming space constantly

I actually like this concept, wish I could’ve thought of it myself /shrug

Im comfortable on melee at 45 and I play without a pet.

What dungeons do you run on your melees? Also, which classes?

Everything except for tombs,nests and LH as they’re NPEs and I only do pubs.

45 defense? So not maxed?

I mean they reach maxed, but that’s when they aren’t so brittle it’s a struggle.

?? I apologize but I don’t udnerstand what the refference to brittle meant

Brittle, easy to break (take a ton of damage)

Yeah warrior with 58 defense is playable but it is considerably stronger with 63 defense

Of course it’s considerably stronger, but overall the loss for a pretty big buff is still negligible.(although I’ve always disliked characters that are focused on their ability to be powerful

Personally just didn’t see the buff as very strong. I often play warrior and wonder what what it would be like if it were more similar to paladin with the ability to infini

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.