Suggestion for the Mystic Class

Currently the Mystic is (generally) disliked by most of the community because of how stasising, unless in a coordinated group, is pretty useless outside of the Mystic’s own use, or sometimes saving an ally.

If you look at the Mystic’s orb, you’ll see that tiered and untiered orbs have varying stasis durations. If all orbs had the same stasis duration (maybe except Orb of Conflict), you would have a consistent, memorable stasis duration across the board that knights, archers and etc. can account for in their head and time their abilities to hit an enemy when it leaves stasis. Isn’t that cool too? Stasising an enemy to set them up for a stun or paralyze. (Note this is possible, but rarely unless when coordinated).

On another note, Stasis could also alternatively cause enemies to become targetable and thus able to be affected by debuffs and damage for 0.5-0.75 seconds at the end of the stasis, before they un-stasis and can act. A different solution.

its not that hard to make chests immune to statis smh

Mystics don’t need buffs, if anything all you need to “fix” the class is to make chests stasis immune and add some sort of timer/visual cue for when a stasis will expire.

:point_down:
Status Effect Depletion

Something I thought of that could also lower the annoyance of Stasis is that the timer of debuffs is paused while Stasised.

Let me give an example - say that a Knight stuns Nut. Bes has just died, so a Mystic thinks so herself “Ah! I will Stasis the bosses to let everyone quickly grab their loot safely.” While Stasised, the Stun affecting Nut wears off, and she releases a barrage of bullets once removed from her temporal pausation.
With this change, however, Nut will remain Stunned after the Stasis wears off for the rest of the normal duration. (f.e. Knight stuns; Mystic Stasises 1 second later; Stun is still active for 2 seconds post-Stasis)

I don’t know how feasible that is with the current engine, though.

haha you’re so funny

I honestly don’t know why chests aren’t stasis immune yet. unlike a lot of other things that people think should be easy to fix, this one actually is. all that has to be done is to add the <StasisImmune/> tag to the chest object. It literally takes up one line and can be typed in seconds. On top of this, Deca knows that this is an issue, it’s not like they’ve somehow remained blissfully unaware of the situation for years on end.

UT orb that inflicts petrified incoming.

Deca has given us a skull and poison that curse, decoy that dazes, (stronk) quiver that slows, orbs that slow, skull that gives damaging, shield that does something idk i’ll never use it–so why not?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.