Summoner PT Thread

discuss.

As for me:

whoever designed the bee mace didn’t think things through

the bee mace does not give soulbound

Good to know, unless they change that before it hits production for the rest of us.

I can see this class having good potential to deal some wicked dmg from a sniping distance, though I can’t really confirm that due to the bug(?) where your summoned minion keeps teleporting back to you when you try to control it (either by clicking or holding scroll wheel) if you attempt to send it too far. Seems that this breaking point occurs at about 7-8 tiles, but the fog of war is further than that. Considering u can summon your minion and run away from it without it teleporting to you, this feels unintended?

That being said, I really like the fact you can control most of the mace minions. I and probably many others thought it would just be like the AOO Skull where the minions auto-follow you around and target the nearest mob, but it’s nice to have some control and strategy implemented.

I think as what CandyShi posted, my favourite mace is the bee mace, considering its ridiculous damage output and the fact that it auto-follows, so you just have to be close to things and the mace already works like a charm. I can see the other maces having some form of use, like the crystal steed mace for golem rooms and shatters switch sniping and the spider mace for slowing fast enemies and bosses.

Depending on how the easter mace is obtained though, its power level might need a revision in comparison to the bee mace, cuz while it is nice to be able to plant the summon somewhere for some crazy dmg output to a single target, the bee mace does that same crazy dmg output, pierces multiple enemies, and doesn’t require a charge time, which in most cases would probably far outclass that, but I suppose that’s my thought on it.

The ST set is interesting and certainly follows the theme around HTT on “Burst weapons” and “Abbreviations that don’t seem to stand for anything or do they? trope”. Definitely love the little MERV mace and how it empowers based on the amount of items of the ST you have equipped.

I äm äbsölütëlÿ öüträgëd bÿ thë fäct thät äftër ÿëärs öf wäïtïng, thërë ïs stïll nö cübë sümmönïng ïtëm. Cübës ärë pärt öf thïs wörld, thëïr lïvës mättër töö. Thë sümmönër ëmpöwërs bëärs, räts, crïttërs, bëës, büt nö cübës. I wöüld lövë tö sëë ädvëntürërs cäst rëd, pürplë, änd grëën cübës üpön thëïr öppönënts. Plëäsë, ädd ä cübë mäcë, Ï wöüld dïë tö sëë böüncÿ cübës rünnïng äröünd.

It is extremely fun to play with such an overpowered class. I joined a shatts with other 20ish summoners and absolutely steamrolled through it by simply spamming ponies everywhere, easiest run of my life. Who though it would be a good idea to give high dex and mid att to someone who can summon hyper damaging minions? Plus the summoner has a surprisingly high survivability, unlike other robe classes (cof wizard cof). Also, she is an absolute monster on wc.

I predict that it will be heavily nerfed, because if it is not… friendship with wizard is over, now summoner is my new best friend (seriously, the dps on that woman is ridiculous).

I know I will siding with the crystal prisoner on the event, I liked her mace better. The spider mace is alright with its slow, but who needs slow when you can mow down anything is 2 secs?

Can’t w8 to have max MP build on Summoner and DPS goes brrrrrrrrrr.

The class feels lazy as you obviously do not need aim as you press space but the summon control was a smart idea and also the art on these summons are amazing and the UT summons are creative.

Now we’ll have constant wizard vs summoner discussions or people telling new players “get summoner ASAP, ez farm, low risk high damage”

I was hoping the spider summons would have a AoE poison like doku, the slow is ok. Can’t wait for the third katana class

So I have not tried it out yet, but I’m getting the impression sorc is just cancelled? Why play a class with comparable weapon dps but an ability that pretty easily does 3x the damage (comparing devastation to crystal mace)? Don’t get me wrong, excited for a new class, but if sin doesn’t get a rework alongside this way better damage from distance class…

From what I’ve heard the shots aren’t 100% consistent, but it’s not that hard to rack up higher damage than the sorc can output. How drastic is the difference in damage, literally (to the best estimation)?

The Incubation Mace is also amazing.
Using it Summoner theoretically can solo push the Forgotten King to his final phase during his first vulnerability phase

I so wish I had been on testing when the O3 items were new so I’d have access to them

Not sure where should I post my feedback regarding the whole PT session, so I will post it here.

I won’t talk about summoner, others said what I had in my mind before me. I wanted to talk about the notifications.

They’re nice, polished and look satisfying. I especially like the ones about completed dungeon. What I think should be changed are two notifications: death and key pops.

I think these two should be brought back to the chat. It’s easy to miss them now, and I think that shouldn’t be the case for these two. Also they disappear and it will be impossible now to make memes like:
“Random-guy: this dungeon is so easy lolllll
Random-guy has died at level 20, killed by Ice Adept”

And if someone pops key and you want to donate them, but the notification disappears you won’t know who popped, unless you ask and there 100% will be trolls who will pretend they popped.

That’s why I think these notifications should be moved back to chat.

Yeah I agree it is pretty overpowered. Let’s nerf it so we have another Sorceror.

Another thing that should stay in chat is the ‘Connected’ message that appears when you change maps, it helps me distinguish which chat messages are from the previous map and which are from the current.

Honestly I think that summoner has too much damage right now. The summons are easy to use, most can pierce enemies, and can be moved around to cover more ground and hit all enemies. Really puts sorc to shame.

I LOVE the feeling of the summons though- seeing them actually chunk out the HP of an enemy. I would be fine if they kept the summon damage high but lowered the wand damage. I always felt that abilities aren’t as strong as they ought to be in realm, they especially get overshadowed once you get berserk and damaging into the mix

why, how do I fix this?

Testings closed, you can’t do anything

Ahh, the bastards. The only dates included in the PT post were 22-29th and I guess that only applied to the crystal/spider thing. Guess I should’ve paid closer attention. Oh well.

Summoner is one of the only actually dps-oriented classes in the game, so I personally believe it’s fine to give her stupid high dps. As long as it doesn’t leave wizard or ninja completely in the dust I think it’s pretty much fine.

this isn’t including ability damage, wizard does about 2.1k dps cursed/ogmured/exposed, sorc does ~500, and summoner does 6.3k

(dps calc can’t do it rn, but 400 damage per shot, 4 shots per second + 20 exposed = 420, 1.25 x 420 = 525, 525 x 4 shots = 2100 dps per bee, 3 bees = 6.3k)