Suspected mishandling by Deca Support

A lot of the stuff I said was already on this thread, so I apologize and you don’t need to explain yourself again. On your “PR side note,” Deca doesn’t need to disclose any capabilities they have and you as a player who agreed to the ToS has no rights. Deca as a company has proven many times that they can be painfully vague with what they’re doing and choosing to be very untransparent.
basically, the point of both my posts is Deca probably did dig into it and see that he was hacking, and even if he wasn’t, Deca doesn’t care because it has the right to ban anyone for any reason anyways.

I personally always play Realm with OBS’s replay buffer feature on (and I know quite a few other players do), which makes it trivial to capture the last 20-30 seconds of gameplay. A lot of people also just record all the time while they are playing (and then edit or go through their footage afterwards). In that case, you are basically recording every time you play, and if you play often, you can rack up a few “interesting” clips or suspect fishy behavior while playing and then hit the replay buffer record key. I haven’t been incredibly active in-game, especially when it comes to endgame dungeons where situations like this would be most likely to occur, but even I have racked up a few clips (that upon scrutiny, I don’t see as concrete enough proof).

In my opinion, you are too optimistic regarding the Realm community when it comes to leaving people be. Players have been spoofed through hacked clients and will continue to be, because there is a lot of pettiness and drama that can come into play, and one of the strongest tools a player can misuse against their victim is the abuse of Deca’s support system. I’ll reiterate that a decently-sized Discord server was bought out and trashed all to drag Player B’s name through the mud.

What finally got a fairly notorious hacker slapped with a permanent ban was footage of the individual using offset hacks such that a weapon that normally shoots with a waver shot straight. Once again, I won’t name any names (perhaps I should, but would that get hackers on my tail?), but I would say that this person seemingly knew what they were doing in regards to cheating.
In a vacuum, perhaps it makes sense to only use autonexus and nothing else if one were cheating. However, especially with running Lost Halls the Realm community has been pursuing finding faster ways to do so (thus, the creation of fullskip runs and furthermore the creation of the infamous Discord server Maximum Efficiency). This is where such further enhancements that are easier to detect come into play.
You’ve also neglected to mention /follow and/or botting in general. If the majority of hackers know what they’re doing, that doesn’t seem to explain the large amount of players caught botting about half a year ago (remember those wizard rings that would appear to catch botters?).

I made my statement based on what I observe Deca seems to be pushing for, but I don’t believe the existence of the group should have been announced either (at least until there was enough action done for the community to take note and wonder if Deca has done anything behind the scenes). As much as I prefer my own take on the situation though, Deca has picked their own path, and I can only observe. In the end, I think even though I don’t fully agree, I don’t think it is too harmful and there’s never only one right answer to a problem.

I mostly see your side and don’t see anything wrong with your argument though I’ll choose to continue believing what I believe (partially because I’m stubborn, partially because I still think I’m right). Our different initial beliefs along with different experiences makes it difficult to compare expectations. The only point I wish to continue is that hackers are generally smarter than you give them credit for. The big botting ban only occurred because it had been perfectly okay before that point. They had been doing it for a while and no one appeared to care so it had been assumed as safe area. However, rather then being shut down, they upgraded. Also, as for the full skip runs, people do use hacks for those but because literally everyone does, no one is getting punished for it. Not to mention, in halls, things like anti-unstable and anti-paralyze are practically unnoticeable because of the massive group of people.

you realize that anti cheat wont work on auto nexus, and it will only work on the retards that decide to use anti debuffs- thats the only possible thing i could see

Okay, I’m sorry but I completely disagree. Auto-nexusing is so unbelievably hard to prove without player damage on, and for that reason I don’t think it should be used as proof for a ban. While I understand many, many players hack, this imo is not enough evidence to ban a player, potentially ruining the chance of getting event whites or other exclusive items.

Also, buying out a discord, and then using that discord to attempt to convince a whole community that someone is hacking seems a bit out there. Why would someone do that without previous animosity with Person A? It just seems a little sus. I think a more in depth investigation should be used.

@IllIIlIlI
I hope so too. I think that would absolutely help with reports such as these to make it a bit more definitive.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.