T7 rings wtf? HP/MP tiers aren't right

nah it’s just that if you’re able to stun and paralyze a boss completely it basically becomes a loot piñata

Agree, mixed rings just weren’t much available back then, which is why you saw tiereds more often used, so it’s fine that people might nowadays prefer UT rings that do combinations of stats. The tiered rings aren’t supposed to be the best overall rings (HP possibly aside), in their own way they are just as situational to wear as UTs, good if your only concern is that one single stat, and of course always forming a symbiotic pair with the armour chosen.

The difficulty with wholesale changing the tiered rings (or any tiered items) is that the tiers form quite the solid foundation for ALL the items, the UTs are always designed with (ultimately) reference to the tiered items. Take Pyra as +100 HP, +4 Def, +4 Att which equals a T3 HP, half a T5 Def, half a T5 Att. If we start changing all the tiered items (which of course we could!) then really EVERYTHING would need to be rebalanced, which would be quite a task, and why I tried to focus here on this one clear discrepancy rather than try and change everything else.

Side comment on DPS rings

I usually recommend carrying a DPS ring, something tradeable so it can be ditched if needs be with no loss, because sometimes you get in a situation where you’re left solo/small group, feeling it is manageable low threat risk, so why waste effort working at lower DPS. Recently I found I hit trouble soloing Untaris fast enough wearing a HP ring (dbow archer) but switching to Exa Att in the next one and it was doable. And yeah, I was “that guy” who would switch to a DPS set to help trio crack a crystal while others were screaming from the beach “call crystal”… no more as yet another thing gone thanks to idiotic HP scale…

But, being tradeable, there is minimal effort needed to acquire, only visiting USW2 or RE Trading pages to buy one: why I think it’s not especially merited to give T6s any extra jump on the tier, since that only compels players to overlook the lesser tiers even harder, and none of the tiers for other equipment slots operate in this way. Honestly I do wonder why Kabam released it as +180. Maybe to support their design ethos with Pet Heal/MHeal? Since it gives extra benefit having a larger bar to support that incoming HP/MP.

To the inconsistency of viewpoint, what I’m meaning is if your design goal is to keep HP from running away as the dominant stat focused on by players, then setting up UBHP effectively as a T7 HP ring (and Decades a T7.5) is 180 degrees in the wrong direction, as everyone says even matching this by putting the double increase on all the other T6s is so paltry as to make little difference, because HP is so desirable by comparison.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.