Taki no Ikari

imagetakinoikari
Left sprite is made by Aurum he’s a real pro
right sprite is original
And yes it’s the same shape of one of daichi’s projectiles, which I so happened to realize after making it.

Ability Type: Shuriken
Tier: UT
Shuriken 1:
Damage: 750
Shots Pass Through Obstacles
Range: 8.5
Shoots straight.
Shuriken 2 and 3:
Damage: 500
Shots Pass Through Obstacles
Range: 8.5
Wavy Patterns for 2 and 3. Kind of like a staff.
Status Effects: +10 ATK for 5 seconds
Cooldown: 5.5 seconds
On Equip: -4 SPD
MP Cost: 110
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 900

Drop Location: Some waterfall boss thing I had.

So this star is basically a full on damage star. It trades the Ninja’s signature speedy ability for the ability to deal a lot of damage. Yeah that’s basically it. Oh, and the star has a lower range. I’m too lazy to write more.
Its name (滝の怒り) means Waterfall’s Fury or Fall’s Anger or whatever.

Edit: I decided that having a hold down +10 atk is way too op when it comes to higher end pets. That’s the gimmick with making UT shurikens: Pets allow for perma status effects, and if you counter it with a higher mp cost, it’ll be simply unusable for lower end players. The gimmick with this version is that the damage is upped to counter the spammability of other shurikens, and it gives the +10 atk for 5 seconds with the shuriken shots. That way, it strays away from a traditional shuriken and trades everything that makes ninja special for a dps boost.

Quick question, does the attack bonus stack to a total of +50?

uwu

I like the sprite, it has all the cool greens, and the idea is pretty cool!

tho, I dunno if it can get coded into the game

The attack bonus does not stack. It is a constant +10 for the entire 5 seconds. Kind of like bloody cloak, pretty similar, eh?
And how’s the new sprite? Aurum made it because the old sprite was so awful <3

New sprite look sick as hell :ok_hand:

It’s unique and sounds decently balanced. Too bad Kabam fucked up the code for the Shurikens, currently its impossible to have anything but speedy while space is held, and multiple projectiles are also impossible.

The newer sprite looks nice, and overall, the stats are fairly balanced. Though, you could possibly go for something else than just damage for its focus (shot-wise) since that’s what tiered shurikens are about. Either that, or up the damage to surpass Doom Circle with its far lower range.

I’m sorry to ruin the party, but I don’t like this.
I think it should just last until all of your MP has been consumed.

Yeah, I don’t think this could work within the game as I’ve been told in the past, you’d have to make it similar to the Edictum Praetors to gain ansimilar effect.
The damages shouldn’t be different either, I’d recommend just putting a damage range of 250-500 on all of them.

Yeah, I like the idea for this anyway. Good Job. :smile::+1:

What if your MP is never fully consumed? cough cough divine pet cough cough.

Aurum made the sprite?

Aurum’s sprites are always pure gold.

I’ll see myself out.

Just have it oet stasis you while key held, simple fixes.

I feel like I’d almost never use it in that case, ninja needs that healing pet. But I don’t know, I’m not an item maker.

Check out my new status effect ideas which could actually work for this.

isn’t this SIlenced?

Silenced means you cant use your mana. While supressed means you can still use mana, it just wont regenerate back. I think.

silenced doesn’t allow you to use abilities, your MP still regens.

How did they manage to fuck up the code to only allow speedy? I’m legitimately curious, and would it be somehow possible to recode the shurikens so that it will allow any status effect?

I like everything about it, but why a maximum of 5 seconds when you hold down the key? You could just press and hold it down again…I would put a cooldown if it had a maximum time of the key being held.

I have no fucking clue how Kabam did that but I heard it from Toastrz and Id say hes a trustworthyy source of information. It would be possible to unfuck but it would require redoing a lot of the shurikens code entirely afaik.

20 mana per second, max divine heals 45 mana per second. Even if you don’t let go, you’re still gonna have perma atk increase. I also do not want to limit how many shots you can use per period, as the main jist of the entire item is dps and star damage. By adding a cooldown, it’ll just be a straight nerf.

i love takis