Taki no Ikari

Bump <3

i love takis you like takis too?

I sure like takis. Now here’s a bump.

Golly gee, I sure do love takis.

Seriously, though, what if you increased the MP/second to 50/sec? It would still 5 seconds give or take with max mana and no pet, and it wouldn’t have this wonky cooldown

Thing is, it’ll be even more punishing on players with lesser pets if that were the case. It’s pretty hard to make unique shurikens, because you can’t give it something too good for a buff or people with better pets will be able to perma buff themselves, with no cooldowns in between. Make the mp cost too high, and it’ll be practically unusable for other players.

just make it also inflict pet stasis lel xd

And then make it so no player would use it for anything besides chests or whatever, because max divine peeps don’t want to sacrifice 90 Hp per second for +10 att

No. That’s out of the question. I’m trying to make this a dps shuriken that sacrifices the ninja’s signature speed to gain a huge dps boost. Pet stasis will simply make it unideal to use outside of scenarios such as chests.

I have edited this thread to make some changes to this shuriken. Any feedback?

how much does 10 att really affect your damage?

Ok i got it, i believe i have the perfect way to balance this while maintaining its original concept. I think this is a great idea, I read all the ideas listed by all the commentors and after thinking, i think the best idea would be to put a cooldown, 5 seconds or however long, and along with this cooldown, have the shuriken apply slow for only a brief amount of time, like 1-2 seconds, and damaging (like a paladin, but self buffed) for longer, so maybe until a second before u can use the star again, kind of like how a cloak or helmet does. Hear me out, it’ll make sense. This would be for the purpose of balancing it to be more of a slight niche weapon while still being good for its uses, and not have an overadvantage in a group, since it wouldnt be as balanced otherwise if it was +attack instead of damaging. The reason for the slow is to make it more of a conditional ability, as it trades a higher skill cap for more damage. Basically, to compensate for higher dps, you have to deal with that handicap of 1-2 seconds of slow which may seem small, but may really throw u off or even force u to nexus or die without the skill or practice with this item. I would have it be one projectile rather than 3, have the shorter range as u were saying, and have it deal much more damage than tiered, balanced out with the mana cost u stated, so 1200 damage, possibly more, but its debatable. In short, its a high damage ability more meant to be used in smaller groups or soloing. To sum this all up, its special UT niche, or catch, is that while it seems very powerful of an item, it hinders you in battle ever so slightly, forcing u to adopt certain playstyles and maneuvers in fights, making this a higher skillcap item while not being too high. Hope this elaboration makes sense in correlation to your original idea

forgot to add, in case it wasnt rly clear, it would not grant a buff while held, its an ability that acts with a cooldown like a cloak or helm.

Heres an example of a description i may put on this item. Keep in mind this is just a sort of sloppy, debatable template:

Damage: 1200-1500
Shots: 1
Range: 8-9
Shots pass through obstacles
Status effects:
Damaging for 4-5 seconds
Slowed for 1-2 seconds
Cooldown: 5-6 seconds
On equip: -4 spd +4 attack (maybe?)
Mp cost: 100-110

So yeah u get the jist. Hope this helps. Didnt wanna put definitive numbers bc its all debatable.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.