Taoist Priestess [UT Set]

Wand of Destruction/Creation

image / image

I began walking through a museum-like temple; many artefacts and relics newly placed on cabinets and lined across the walls. They were all impressive, however two stood out to me the most: A black wand - enticing shadow into it, creating a dark atmosphere - and a white wand - encompassed by a brilliant radiance from it. Age-old indecipherable kanji were inscribed along the golden rods, presumably some type of enchantment…

Tier: UT
Shots: 2
Arc Gap:
Damage: 60-180
Projectile Speed: 100 Tile(s)/second
Lifetime: 900 milliseconds
Range: 9 Tile(s) ( True Range: 1.2 Tile(s))
Amplitude: 0.3 Tile(s)
Frequency: 0.6 Cycle(s)/shot
Stat Bonus: +7 Vitality
Rate of Fire: 60%
Soulbound: Lock
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 1,200

Lootbag: image
Drops from: N/A

Additional Information

Additional Information

This wand bears a small arc gap, though it is amplified by the amplitude, making it tedious to aim it properly and land both shots successfully. It curves inward slightly, but not enough to be fully noticeable.
It isn’t really that practical besides on enemies that wander side to side extremely quickly, otherwise this is useless as it does not pierce.
It’s main use is similar to that of the Demon Blade; be at near point-blank range of the target you’re trying to hit.

Scroll of Unity

image / image
Wandering through the halls of artefacts, I noticed two golden tubes placed upon brackets protruding from the wall. I reached over and opened them, revealing perfectly preserved scrolls inscribed with ancient symbols which seemed to glow with an unreal radiance.

MP Cost: 135
Party Effects: HP Increaseimage by (5×Vit)
Special Effect: Enchantedimage (Weapon gains ability to Armour PierceDEF_ignore) for 2.8 seconds
Duration: 2.8 (+ Vit/25) Seconds
Cooldown: 6 Seconds
Effect Radius: 3 (+ Vit/50) Tile(s)
Stat Bonuses: +5 HP, +6 Vitality, +5 Defence
Fame Bonus: 7%
Feed Power: 1,600

Additional Information

Additional Information

Rather than being a traditional tome, in which it grants healing of sorts, this one instead increases HP by an amount affected by the player’s Vitality rather than wisdom, which is indeed an untraditional route for an item to take.
However, since it lacks in healing, it grants a good amount of Vitality itself (as does the rest of the set) which serves as a substitute.
It’s greatly suited for solo-play and can be a good alternative to Tome of Hoy Protection as it grants additional HP rather than doubling the amount of defense.
Furthermore, this tome could exploit the fact that Sick does not affect HP increase, so it is possible to avoid other situations where sick could completely block the player from healing themselves or allies.
Because of this exploit and the extreme effects of the tome it has the highest MP cost of any (15 more than Puri, Book of Geb and Prot).

Kimono of Àn/Guāng

image / image
As I explored further into the temple, I stumbled upon two silk woven garments stated to be once worn by the ancient Taoist Priestesses. I tried them both on; one of dark origins, the other representing a bright future.

On Equip: +180 HP, +15 Vitality
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 1,200

Additional Information

Additional Information

Another untraditional piece of equipment, this time granting a huge amount of only HP and Vitality at the cost of granting the user so defense or offensive based stats.
It would be one of three robes which do not grant defense.
It could server useful in endgame content where greater sums of HP are required to survive single high-damage shots, however it could prove less effective when absorbing a multitude of projectiles that deal moderate damage.

Pendant of Yin/Yang

image / image
Loosely tucked on the inside of each Kimono there was a gold necklace. Both having a pendant attached with opposite sides of the Taijitu; dark and light.

On Equip: +75 HP, +6 Vitality
Fame Bonus: 3%
Feed Power: 900

Lootbag: Loot%20Bag%205

Pendant of Duality

I curiously plucked the two from the robes and combined them. They magnetised and became one, emitting immense waves of spiritual energy: Vitality.

On Equip: +105 HP, +12 Vitality
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 1,005

Additional Information

Additional Information

One of the more extreme rings, ditching some of the more desirable stats for a good boost in HP and an incredibly high Vitality bonus.
This way it works best out of any other ring with the tome, though outside of the set finds itself being quite useless.

Complete Set(s):
imageimage

Set Dynamic

The set as a whole works quite untraditionally, where all of the pieces are centred around Vitality and HP rather than giving a boost on other (more favourable) stats.

The wand can be an incredible source of DPS, however due to the nature of the arc gap and amplitude a close range must be kept to get a significant amount of damage in. Additionally, the lack of piercing/(multi-hit) doesn’t help much.
Now, what is interesting is, if the set is used in unison the Vitality bonus will be at its greatest of any other item combination (ignoring Tome of Purification which allows the player to increase themselves’ and ally HP by an immense amount, coupled with the great HP bonuses that the Robe and Ring(s) grant. The player themselves will gain the special ability to allow any weapon equipped to pierce enemy armour for a short duration.
This use wouldn’t see fit when a weapon like the Crystal Wand is equip since it already grants permanent armour piercing. However, on wands that deal lower damage at a high fire rate, it would be extremely effective.

The robe and ring are not much special, except for the fact that they drastically alter the regular play-style where they will instead grant the wearer insane amounts of HP in turn for a good amount of HP and an incredible amount of Vitality - which, again, compliments the tome as it relies on VitMod rather than WisMod.

Here are the Stats when the set is equipped assuming the Priest is maxed:

HP: 960 (+400 = 1360 when ability active)
MP: 385
Attack: 50
Defense: 30
Speed: 55
Dexterity: 55
Vitality: 80
Wisdom 75

Anyway, thank you for reading. I’d love to hear thoughts and opinions on the items and their sprites; What did you love? What did you hate?

I have these planned as drops from a dungeon I have and will be working on, so drop locations are NOT open for suggestions before anyone asks XD.

Thanks to @Lessking for helping me out with feedback on sprites. :v:

Where is it gonna drop from?

Very, very interesting! I like all of the sprites. The wand desc might be too long though (perhaps for a separate lore of some kind?). Nice job overall! :wink: :+1:

This is amazing
(Was the wand based of my darkness wand?)

Ye the set looks good (the wand especially and i like the concept of the rings)
The new plays style seems cool to try at the very least tho the wand might not be the favoured combined with the armor pierce effect
Flavour text is also nice and the small explanation under additional info is nice and handy
If there’s one thing to note its that there are a few spelling errors (tome of hoy protection, ‘so’ instead of no somewhere, and maybe one more somewhere)

Straight upgrades to top tiered items (inlcuding rings) are not okay. (I know geb ring is in the game but that’s bad game design) Consider nerfing the vit bonuses on the rings to +4 and +8 respectively.

EDIT: I think the effect of the tome is FAR too strong. HP boosts ignore the sick debuff and this is easily far more than double what an optimized paladin can put out. I would consider increasing the mana cost by a LOT. Something like 180 so that it’s near impossible to loop. I’d also suggest moving the passive hp on the tome to the ring. The passive stats on the tome make it far too strong even outside of the set.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.