Tell us where your name came from!

I’ve seen some pretty unique names - though the recent name changes have allowed some “OG” names to come back so you’re excluded from the party (@Evil you don’t need to explain where evil came from lol). Like @BlueBes, you’ve got a little backstory to your name :wink:

I’ll start:

My name was supposed to be UnicornSlayer. But because of the 10-character limit, I clicked create because either I was a dumbass or I was blind. So here you have UnicornSla (but I’ve grown to love unicorns in my years of unicorn-slaying, hence my profile picture).

A combination of my first name and a nickname.

I am from Nova Scotia and the people are sometimes referred to as Bluenosers. The
Bluenose schooner was built there.

I’ve always liked your name because it looks and sounds good, and is original.

Time to stalk Trofi now; listing possibilities for Trof’s name:

Owen
Troy

(I can’t think of more because I’m dumb)

@Bluenoser Did you get those limited-edition coins for Canada’s 150th birthday? :smiley:

@Watermelon @MelonBae : Coincidence? I think not.

Before RotMG, I played Animal Crossing on the GameCube…
Username was Poo. Poo/Poop was taken here, so my brother came up with WhosPoo because I couldn’t think of any better ones.

Well, @MelonBae was taken :frowning:

I used a name generator :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanted my name to be short and easily typable/rememberable, so I went with “Thees”

umm, my usual acc name is “dustyacer”, but i already created taht on kong. So i was like… wtf… i dont know how to pick a nick. So… i was young. And scorchingmist sounded cool, but the 10letter cap, so i got scorchmist.

My name came from a time when I was 8.

Back before I played realm. I played MapleStory, and this was the name of my best character.

I was a big Azir main at the time. Azir is the lustrous emperor of Shurima. Shurima is the earthly manifestation of heaven on earth. Gilded in splendor, it is the would-be location of Azir’s ascent to godhood.

For some reason, my friends always called me Felix, despite my name being Donovan. I was also really into sharks when I started playing realm. Thus, Felixshark was born.

Honestly, the 10 char limit is a bit silly, especially when compared to other MMOs. This is a massively multiplayer online game, as the name suggest, so there should be more room for people with other names, aditionally, why the hell aren’t players allowed to use numbers? Personally, I’ve always chosen a name without numbers, but I know alot of people feel otherwise. Raising the char limit to 12 and adding the ability to include numbers in one’s name could solve some problems that arise from time to time as the game attracts players and old players retire.

In a game I am currently designing, and have been thinking about in the background of my mind for several years now, there is a small group of dragon gods that govern entire galaxies. Xaklor is the dragon god of light, and the deity presiding over our galaxy. (the one the game takes place in)
the same mythos is where the names of my mules come from,
@Gorlaxis is the dragon god of chaos
Noqnfluxr is the dragon god of fire
Dargamon is the dragon god of darkness

there’s 4 more gods I haven’t used yet, but I’m not going into detail about them in case I need more mules :wink:
I can go into way more detail about all of this if you want, but it would probably push the boundaries of “off-topic” to the limit. also I’m busy :stuck_out_tongue:

Name Snipes
Rotmg Doodles

Wanted to name myself KillerNacho (cus I love nachos) but I didn’t realize there was a 10 character limit and I realized too late when I clicked submit… I know you can change names pretty easily now but I kinda like mine now :slight_smile:

My favorite animal is a pig.

My primary username for games and websites used to be Pigxel. One day on a website, the username was taken! After internally screeching, I thought intensely for a new one. I finally got it: Pigbi.

Some time later, after I had recieve 2000 gold from DECA for getting honorable mentions in their skin contest, my first decision was to get a name change. My last name was garbage. I entered in Pigxel, but alas, it was already taken. Then I remembered Pigbi, so I changed the spelling to Piggby, and then entered in the name. Piggby is now my primary and favorite username.

Got my name from eating trailmix and playing realm. Full name was supposed to be Trailmixers, but after seeing the character limit, changed to Trailmixt!

i hate numbers in names… they are sooo ugly. [quote=“Piggby, post:17, topic:4554”]
Piggby is now my primary and favorite username.
[/quote]

mine too :heart:

My name came from some name generator I found online. I just selected randomly from the list it created for me.