Tell us where your name came from!

Well, I was originally mrmagoo701521 on other games, then I found realm and made xxmrmagooxx (check it on realmeye lmao)

Then I got steam and my buddy always called me googs or googers or mag and I though of Magoogers and loved the way it flows so there you go.

Wanted to use username 2op4unoob as a joke but no numbers were allowed so went w face roll name which is growing into me and now is my username for other games

My name came from a number its a cool story

At the time, I played Minecraft and I had a pretty crappy french name. I wanted to change, with something somewhere near the End (or Ender, or whatever), that came out to me like a very badass thing. I was just searching for an association when I came with Endertime. And I never really changed cause people seen it as original, not seing its origin.

More recently, about 6 month ago, I switched to UnderTimes, but since it costs so much to change your in game nameā€¦ I still use Endertimes as my rotmg name xD

I think mine is pretty obivous.

i am a mule irl.

Is living as a mule IRL hard? I mean, I never experienced the living conditions of a mule .-.

Kamekameha

But you misspelled it

It was kamekameha.
My friend is pretty rich and I let him play on my account until he had to leave.

Since I trolled him in a different video game pretty hard, he thought it would be funny to change my name. Then he made a mule named Kamekameha so I could change back and Iā€™m likeā€¦

You wasted 10 bucks and I donā€™t give a shitā€¦
Hey at least I got a tomb from fifty fifty box.

literally my initials

My younger brother played Realm before I did, and I would come home and watch him play. The game seemed really fun, and it was MMO (our favourite) so about 6 months of watching later, I finally decided to create an account. The draw of Realm was too much, and it was finally a game that we could enjoy and rage at together.

He was called Freakinglo. He wanted it to be Freakinglol, but the 10-char limit screwed him like many in this thread.

I am not creative whatsoever so I just called myself Freakinlol.

Sit back and get cozy, kiddies, itā€™s Story Time.

Waaaaay back in the days before the World Wide Web as we know it today existed, there were Usenet newsgroups. (Well, technically, I suppose there still are Usenet newsgroups. But I digress.) These were essentially distributed online discussion forumsā€“instead of going to a single site (because websites didnā€™t exist back then, remember?) where everything was kept, you connected to your local server, and text posts were distributed from the originating server out to all the other servers.

(I remember having to use uuencode to convert image files into text, then breaking the large text file into smaller chunks so each part could be posted to a newsgroup (because each post could only be so long, yā€™see?). Someone who wanted to view the orignal image would then have to get each chunk, string them all together into a single text file, and run uudecode to get the image file. Good times, good timesā€¦not. But I digress.)

Anyway, there was one newsgroup (think of it as a subforum) that I read that was best described as interactive fictionā€”no flashy avatars, no graphics at all, just text. Some threads were serious discussion threads, others were fluffier, but everything was written in the third person, and most people participated as themselves (no goofy online personae).

The thing is, there were already a lot of guys there named Bill.

(Among other things, we would tell stories about how four of us created a barbershop quartet called the Past Due Bills. But I digress.)

To differentiate myself from all the other Bills, I originally referred to myself as ā€œBill (no, not Jonesā€¦no, not Smithā€¦no, not Andrewsā€¦no, that other one)ā€. Over time, this naturally shortened itself to ā€œBill (no, that other one)ā€.

A few years later, this chat service called IRC became popular, and the folks in my little Usenet newsgroup set up an IRC channel on one of the quieter networks. The thing is, IRC nicknames could only be ten characters longā€¦and "Bill (no, " would be a stupid nickname.

Thus, ā€œOtherBillā€ was born.

These days, I take a simpler view. OtherBill is that liā€™l pixelated on-screen avatar that pew-pews at enemies and dodges shotguns. Meanwhile, Bill is the putz at the keyboard typing all of this for you to read.

What do you see? Why are you here?
[Forum Game] Guess OtherBill's Age

LOL, I remember those days. Good story.

im joseph

NadeToon

Nade = Nadeshot (was a fanboy)
Toon = I call my characters toons (Donā€™t ask)

Boom put the equation together Nade+Toon=NadeToon :smiley:

0_o Youā€™re ancient. Lovely story as usual, thanks for that ;). It reminded me with a conversation that I had with my grandma recently. She was complaining how my grandpa (circa. 70 years old) played on his iPad all day long. I was curious as to what my grandpa was ā€˜playingā€™ and assumed it was just social media with all his friends.

Turns out he was playing this online pool game, and the home screen had a sleezy cartoon girl on it. Slightly unnerving. The game had an online aspect to it (i.e. you could form teams, chat etc.) Then I wondered to myself how he would fit in if he ever played RotMG :wink:

We should have a competition for oldest RotMG player and weā€™ll crowd-fund 50 life towards their RRSP.

Well over 5 years ago, I came across this delightful game on a flash game website. After playing as a guest for a while, I though to myself ā€œJheeze! This is one hell of a game.ā€

That reaction stuck, and the name Jheeze was born!

Half itā€™s a cool word

half

Should shatter change his profile pic to mudkip POLL

Friend who showed me the game had one eyebrow

(Not really but we gave him shit for it anyway)

We were nubs and didnt know how to PM, so for him to find me I had to have some name related to us two

Named myself Mrunibrow (Mr. Unibrow) To fuck with him.

Made a typo in my email when registering my e-mail

Forgot pass

Could not click forgot pass button

Didnā€™t think of customer support (WS times)

The typoed email was taken already

:sadfrog:

Made a new account, slightly lazy

Same name, - W