The Acolyte: Break from Malus' Kin

So instead of drawing out everything here, I instead have a Doc set up for this. To put it simply, the Acolyte is a wand class that uses Candles to invoke rituals and summon Ancient Spirits to the battle. Read more here:

This seems like a really interesting concept to me. I think the addition of a 3rd wand class would be nice, and the concept of the candles and how they work seemed really unique. I think some of the UT candles might need to be nerfed a little (Candelabra, highest damage and only an extra 20 mp!), and the 12 second thing is plenty of time to regen the amount of mana you spent to use a candle, but I think the idea could really blossom into something great. Do a little tweaking, and make it even better!

The Sprite looks way too similar to the sorc

I thought so too, so I made one that looked like Argus (the black and purple cultist boss) as well. I can post it in the Docs and here.

The sprites are beautiful, though I do have to point out that vanilla skins are usually more simple than that.

The idea itself… I’m not particularly excited about a class which summons spell bombs. Do the summoned spirits work exactly like Gray Blobs? If so, then I commend the sprite and formatting, but I can’t quite get behind the idea of a class which has the ability of wizzy+Sorc in practice.

Very nice!

I thought it impossible to make a balanced summoner class, but this seems both balanced and very useful! The idea of bomb-type enemies spawning from the ritual area and exploding on enemies is great. The UT’s you’ve listed provide a ton of variety, something I love to see in class concepts. My only real concern in a lack of spirit sprites, but that’s honestly quite minor.

9/10.
I really enjoy the idea. It’s a good class concept.

O.o

It’s a really awesome idea for a class I think, but being able to block shots on the UT could prove to be a very broken and OP power. Overall, I think that would be a really enjoyable class after some work.

###hello :^)
every summoner class I’ve seen has either been

1. OP
  2. Boring
  3. Incredibly un-creative or however you say that
    your idea is much different.

###stats
balanced. I was a little confused as to why you would give such low wisdom to a wand class, but then I saw that you designed the Acolyte’s stats to be passively good and not depending on his ability like a crutch, interesting >:^)))))

###now, the most important part, ABILITY
wow. this is probably one of the most unique ability ideas I’ve seen in a while on this forum. I don’t have any criticisms besides the (starts with a C) candle that drops from the one dragon in the Draconis dungeon (I’m so sorry) having the useless bleeding on enemy stat. Otherwise, nothing negative to say!

###concluding
9.2/10
Just like Atrapper, I’d like to see some sprites for the spirits, but it’s not really a big deal at all. :DDDDDDDDD

Deca where U AT???

Ireland

Wut?

Wrong. They’re located in Germany, Berlin to be specific.

From Deca’s website.

Those dang Irishmen

Well shit
Those dang Germans

I havent read through it all. But this looks really cool. Almost every new class ive seen has either been 1. OP or under balanced. 2. Nothing special about it. 3. the sprite looks bad. But this I really like.

I was referring to Ireland as a country with many potatoes :wink:

Edit: I’m surprised no one got the reference lol

I love the sprites of the ability, but I don’t really like the character sprite, too peculiar.

Deutsch bags

Amazing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.