The Aliens are back! [Sep 18th - Sep 25th]

%-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/d5hukn/the_aliens_are_back/ :

Patch X.31.9.3 - The Keyper
Upcoming Alien Events [Mar 18th to Mar 25th]

Might be a rate like 10 tokens/realm.

I need huhā€¦ 180 tokens max. so ~18 realms for me if my no life mode is activated.

i might do a realm each 40 minsā€¦ 12 hours in total.

Might have finished all quests by the end of the week. /math

EDIT : It wasnā€™t 180 tokensā€¦ it was 240. Oh reep !

im not gonna bother getting a locked reactor, so -80 for me. i heard that entropy kills cubes.
cough

They were gone?

Lol youā€™re right they never left, were just an endangered species

Mmmmā€¦Han Solo skinā€¦

Awesome! Just got kind of back into RotMG and I missed the original alien event. Glad Iā€™ll have a second shot to get some cool stuffs. :>

Honestly think itā€™s a pretty meh event

omg here i was thinking chaos was over

News item image for this one:

All the things seem really easy to farm, with the UFO giving 5x tokens, Biff giving 3x and the wormhole planets 2x apiece. You can even bail out of the wormholes after the 2nd boss if youā€™re only focusing on the tokens, and a 20-stack takes not long at all, even possible to get 20 out of a single realm, if not mega full with people running all the wormholes simultaneously.

Funny to see the wormhole after Biff (which usually gets a mass of people in) often fails due to too slow. I guess a lot of people just donā€™t pull their weight! Or could be still learning them I suppose, if they didnā€™t do Motmg. Also some bad tactics like electricing+soloing minions slowly instead of pulling to the centre to be destroyed by the crowd.

i got my 240 shards for entropy just today, even with school i managed to get one

I thought this tooā€¦until I learned that the timer also scales with the number of people in the dungeon. The lowest is 60 seconds (that Iā€™ve seen) which means the efficiency to which minions are cleared must be quite a bit higher.

Iā€™m sure DPS isnā€™t the problem, itā€™s just with 60 seconds you really gotta be on your feet running to the next side as soon as the minions die. Or as pub is doing them, being evenly spread out.

Yes even when the timer is at its minimum and additional players donā€™t lower it further, they still escalate the HP of minions, so a 60 group gets a harder challenge than a 30, IF the players arenā€™t contributing. I think a lot of players get into the idea that in a big group their contribution matters less, but itā€™s not the case in here.

Sweet, Iā€™m going to return to this game just to participate in this event so I can finally get my Entropy Reactor~ ;D

į“¹įµƒŹøįµ‡įµ‰ įµ‰įµ›įµ‰āæ Ė¢āæįµƒįµ įµŹøĖ¢įµ‰Ė”į¶  įµƒ Ź³įµ’įµįµ˜įµ‰ Ė¢įµį¶¦āæ, Ź·Ź°įµ’ įµāæįµ’Ź·Ė¢Ė€

Question for yā€™all. Do the armors seem really rare to you, or am I just unlucky with those.

Iā€™ve been farming the event a decent bit, and Iā€™ve gotten 13 whites total, and 8/12 uniques, as well as an additional Power Core drop. Iā€™ve also finished my entropy and was able to get enough for two additional weapon caches.

I have gotten zero armor drops yet, and Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™m just getting unlucky with them. To be honest I have no clue how many UFOā€™s or Biffs that Iā€™ve done total, but itā€™s certainly over 30 combined.

Entropy is kinda meh with just the weapon and not the armor, and the armor is the only thing you canā€™t get with the tokens.

Yup, Iā€™m at ā€œ2ā€ entropyā€™s now (i.e. enough tokens for 2) and have gotten a robe drop. Looking for a heavy armorā€¦probably gonna be at 4 entropyā€™s by the time I get it xDDD

I got leather armor at 7th UFO on this weekend event :man_shrugging:

They were quite rare for me during the alien motmg event, but I was able to snag 1 leather and 3 heavy before Calbrick went off, even though I was actively farming Calbrick for the locked reactor (which never dropped for me)

And yea, Entropy and Loaded Core are quite meh if you donā€™t get an armour piece, which is quite unfortunate, so I do hope you get an armour piece for this one week c:

Also, I finally managed to get the Entropy Reactor! Really happy cuz I felt hopeless back in MotMG when the locked reactor just refused to drop for me. :>

Probably going to farm another 100 more fragments, 60 for the rogue skin, and 40 for the yellow core so I can get another loaded core~

I had similar thoughts in the first event, as armours seemed not to want to drop.
In this one Iā€™ve had 2x heavies, a robe and a leather (3 from UFO, 1 from Biff), for scale comparison am up to about 600 tokens though difficult to judge that directly since I do a lot of wormholes afterwards.

Definitely having the second chance to loot them via Biff helps, compared to the first event which had only the UFO as the source of them. Though I wish an exchange option was there via Tinkerer, even if it was a ā€œhighā€ price such as {one armour}+{many tokens}={another armour}, to let players who get duplicates of unwanted ones have a route to get the one they desire.

Iā€™ve farmed the last 8 stacks of tokens Iā€™ve gotten strictly from biff/ufo since Iā€™ve stopped doing portals. Still no armors at all. I know for a fact Iā€™m just getting unlucky at this point, but it still sucks knowing that if I donā€™t get any armors, the whole event is worthless for me. Iā€™ve even gotten a locked reactor.