The Arcade! (BIG WIP)

Ever wanted to take some time off from the hard days of slaving in the realms, just wanting to get some fun in once in a while? Well look no further, than the Realm Arcade!

So what’s the Realm Arcade? A place where you can test your skills on various games and challenges, from the safety of the dimly lit, windowless arcade!

The Arcade will take place of the Arena in the upper left corner of Nexus. If you stand in the Realm Portal Area, you can hear the Ticketmaster invite everybody into the arcade, amongst other quippy quotes.

Meet the Ticketmaster, brother to the Puppetmaster. While his brother was playing with dolls, Ticketmaster dominated in the local arcades, to soon open up his very own for everyone to play in!

So, how do you play? Well, its easy enough, pick a game/mode, and insert a couple of tokens. Now you may ask, “where do I get these tokens?” Well, when you enter the Arcade, you will notice two new icons on the HUD

This is your Token Pouch. It keeps all your tokens nice and safe inside. You’ll only be able to see the number of tokens you have while in the Arcade, so you don’t drop any in the Realms.

This is your Ticket Counter. It counts how many Tickets you have been rewarded through your playtime. We’ll get to what tickets can do later on.

Here is a really crude design for the layout.

• Blue Tiles represent portals in which you can access games, except the one in the front, which is the Nexus portal. Gaming portals will just be standard Glowing Portals.
  • Next to them are High Scoreboards. Learn about information and high scores of that game
  • The Brown Square is the Ticketmaster. Turn in your tickets to him for prizes!
  • The Grey Squares are Token Machines. Turn in your Fame/Gold for tokens.
  • The gaming cabinets are for display only. They flicker to light the floor below.

So, how do you get tokens? Well, there are two ways. You can do daily c̶h̶o̶r̶e̶s̶ quests for the Ticketmaster and be awared tokens. You can also exchange fame and Realm Gold for player tokens.

Setting the bar from the original Arena, Token Prices are as follows:

1 Token - 51 Gold, 250 Fame, 1 Ticketmaster Quest
5 Tokens - 200 Gold, 1000 Fame (Get 1 Free!)
10 Tokens - 350 Gold,(Get 3 Free!)

Knowing the current state of Fame as a currency, Fame can only be used for one transaction daily.

Now that you’ve got your tokens, its time to use em on some games! But what games would the Arcade offer? Well, there are some in stock:

The Arena

Similar to the original Arena, players can come in and fight against waves of monsters to win fabulous prizes, and show all your friends how great you are!

Details

This game requires 1 Token, and can be Continued if you die for 2 Tokens per Continue, and 3 for the next, and so on.

NOTE: This does not reset the map of any stage hazards.

Tickets are rewarded as:
1 Ticket for each round before round 21
2 Tickets for each round before round 31
3 Tickets for each round after 31

Dungeon Runners
Lef for Feed
A-Maze-ing Game

Betatest Master 3000

This will be a simple one. ROTMG Devs can add new unreleased dungeons and content to this game, where players on prod can test it out and send in their feedback after they’ve completed it. This is a single player game.

Players are granted invincibilty throughout the dungeon, letting the explore and get a feel for its design without worry of death.

This game will only be accessible when there is a dungeon to be tested out.

It will cost 1 Token, aswell as grant 40 Tickets after you’ve completed the dungeon and written feedback. Nexusing or DCing from the dungeon will grant you 5 Tickets.

This is a rough draft for Ticket/Token payings

You’ve gotten yourself a couple tickets, what can you do with them? Well, you take them to the Ticketmaster to trade in for some wonderful prizes!

(this image does not reflect what would be in a Prize Box, just an example based of the Schankmaid Box)

Note: Any ticket value of items will be announced during final release.

Now, everyone’s been to arcades, and usually only has enough tickets for some candy, finger poppers, or little toy paratroopers. So, what will get people to come out and use tickets? Take them to the Ticketmaster, and you can hand in a certain amount of Tickets to roll on Prize Boxes (similar to Mystery Boxes). Things you’ll find in these boxes can be:

Stat Potions
Consumables
Quest Chests
Tiered Gear
Skins
Arcade Consumables
Reskinned Gear
Arcade Exclusive Skins

Dyes

So now we got most of the collecting out of the way, nothing says an arcade like High Scores.

High Scores in games will work similary to the Leaderboards, but have some different categories.

-There will be a Weekly, Monthly, and All Time High Score for each game
-Group Games will have Team Names, to be used as High Scores
-Each class will have its own High Score, to avoid having “metas” in arcade games.

If you have a High Score, you can talk to the Ticketmaster and roll more exclusive Prize Boxes, with even better loot! But you can only access these boxes for as long as you have the high score.

So, this is a BIG WIP, and really just written it down to get both feedback aswell as more ideas for the Arcade.

So, what do you think?

• What was that? I was too busy admiring this idea.
  • An excellent idea!
  • A good idea but best saved for a drought of updates
  • Its alright, might just go the way of the current Arena
  • Continues to drag away from the core play of RotMG

0 voters

Producer’s Letter - What’s coming next to the Realm of the Mad God?
[COMPLETE] Life Hax: A ROTMG Comic
[COMPLETE] Life Hax: A ROTMG Comic
Best of the Best Nominations - December 2017
The General Chat Thread

Amazing!

Hyped for this update!!

Fun addition, I’ll be looking forward to the updates. Perhaps this can revamp the arena system

Deca please add! Fun and rewarding!

Wow, i’d love to see this added into the game actually
(someone @ krathan please im too scared to summon the great lord himself)

@Krathan Please!

@Krathan Please add this, it would be an amazing way to draw in players who have left the game and f2p players

This is a really awesome idea. Definitely could be “Best Of” material if you update it a little more.

So much excited feedback. Well, I guess I gotta fasttrack expansion.

Also. does saving to the art maker work? Or is it just me.

My dudes, be careful about releasing the Krathan. Do it too often and it’ll sour the forums’ connection to Deca.

@craftable, good luck with the details! Godspeed to you.

This. Let Krathan browse the forums in peace and perhaps we’ll have better results. Spam tagging him would at the best yield nothinng and at the worst encourage him to not come here.

@Craftable
Please flesh this idea out. It looks so promising!

New Update, now added ingame details aswell as beta Token/TIcket payins/outs

Also some totally-non copyright infiringing exlusive skins for the Arcade!

I’ll give my full thoughts on this when I have more time, but to keep it brief, I like it!

This is a very good idea! +1

What a fun addition this would be! Having a game with several modes will present different settings in each one, changing how a particular element of the game is played. With many getting “bored” of the original aspect of the game (being leveling, attribute/state experience, fame, equipment, etc.) This would definitely add a new element to further expand the game’s boundaries.

Goodluck @Craftable, keep up the work!

I’ll begin working on monsters/game layouts. Does this game have anykind of map builder? Even if it just for presentation?

Left 4 Feed has a doc for further details. Find it here.

A lot too late, but Xaklor has a Tiled tutorial in the forums which was used in the making of the Clocktower

I honestly really dislike this idea. RotMG is not roblox, it’s not gary’s mod, it’s not any of the trillions of single release left 4 deaf rip-offs. RotMG should stay RotMG.